• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. PSA: If you can't heal or tank, stop picking one

User Info: Richardthe3rd

Richardthe3rd
2 years ago#41
ShippFFXI posted...
Richardthe3rd posted...
ShippFFXI posted...
Richardthe3rd posted...
ShippFFXI posted...
If you're playing a healer and tank and trying to kill people without your team being ass and giving you a reason to, stop. I can be Lucio, Mercy, or Rein. Just stop screwing your team because you can't be arsed to shield or heal and decide to dps as one of the above characters. I see you dropping that shield constantly as Rein when I'm Mercy or Lucio so you can get "hammer time kills." I see you giving me speed boost and not healing at all when I'm rein. Just stop it. Either learn to play the char you're picking or don't pick them.

So is this some sort of passive aggressive way of blaming others because you instalock hanzo?

Reading is hard.

I just wonder how useful it is when it comes to the blitherings of a butthurt player who's trying to encourage people not to play critical roles.

You play Lucio/mercy/reinhardt yet get pissed when others limit your ability to play them. Maybe you should heed your own advice and not pick them in that situation?

Either way, I hope you get over it, and this is your problem.

So basically you can't read and just type whatever comes to mind, no matter how contradictory it is?

Good to know.

Fyi, the roles are critical. If you are picking that character and not actually performing that role, you aren't picking a critical role.

In my defense, your whining about people misplaying roles inspired my contradictions. Both are equally helpful in redressing the issue.

Again, I've read dozens of tearful threads about other players who don't know how to play the game. Your story isn't different or insightful.

What did you expect in response to this? Insight into the mind of an OW player? Reinforcement for your amazing powers of observing obvious information?

I'd rather be a hypocrite than boring and obvious. Again, I have full confidence you'll get over it. Because it's not going to change.
The DunningKruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein relatively unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority.

User Info: josh_b

josh_b
2 years ago#42
ShippFFXI posted...
OUberLord posted...
If people don't know how to heal or tank, the only way they are going to learn is to pick them and play them. If you're talking Quick Match, you're just going to have to suck it up. Best case scenario, give them advice / constructive criticism to help them improve.

I'm talking about comp, not quick play.

MogKnightAzure posted...
I'd rather someone play a character they don't know how to play in an attempt to branch out from their limited skillset so we avoid having a 3rd f***ing widowmaker on the team.

I'd rather someone not pick Mercy when I'm a good Mercy and they don't know when to heal, damage boost, or pistol without contemplating their navel.

josh_b posted...
Shows you how bad people are when i pick Rienhart and have 20+ kills to every one else's 8 to 10. Find a choke point and shield up till its down then step aside and repeat. people come to close the boost at them and smash them to bits and return to choke point.... not that hard.

One of those Rein's I'm talking about. Your job is to tank, not to rack up kills by swinging your hammer while the smart people eliminate your team you just left wide open.

Yes Reins job is to tank but that's point less when the rest of your team is doing f*** all and not pushing or defending the objective. hence the reason why i have so many kills since im doing my team's job and mine.
i7 5820k,Asus x99-Deluxe Mobo, Noctua D15 Cooler, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4, Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD, Samsung 2TB HDD, EVGA GTX 970 FTW SLI
(message deleted)

User Info: Dumbtown

Dumbtown
2 years ago#44
How can one not know how to heal? Literally 90% of Lucio's gameplay at the Quick Match level is just exist and don't die.

User Info: westpark

westpark
2 years ago#45
yeah only mercy needs to heal, and thats only point and hold the button. Not dying is another thing all together as Mercy or floatymcballthrower

User Info: ShippFFXI

ShippFFXI
2 years ago#46
Dumbtown posted...
How can one not know how to heal? Literally 90% of Lucio's gameplay at the Quick Match level is just exist and don't die.

When they don't hit the button to switch from speed to healing...

westpark posted...
yeah only mercy needs to heal, and thats only point and hold the button. Not dying is another thing all together as Mercy or floatymcballthrower

I have no problem with a pistol mercy, as long as said pistol mercy is using her staff to heal people attempting to protect her 5 feet away.
Marikhen:
"You can't, after all, win a pole vault medal at the Olympics by running backwards and using 5' of Laffy Taffy."
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. PSA: If you can't heal or tank, stop picking one
  • Topic Archived