So How's The Community?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. So How's The Community?

User Info: sadiztic666

sadiztic666
1 year ago#21
Sonorous_Jon1S8 posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
So we cant see deaths and stuff in game but can we see more detailed stats on our own in a private personal stats menu? Or does it not even keep track of kills and stuff at all?

There is a good very detailed career stats menu, just intentionally poor reporting on a per match basis.

What do you mean?

User Info: OwlRammer

OwlRammer
1 year ago#22
DamorahTalset posted...
OwlRammer posted...
DamorahTalset posted...
SackBoi posted...
SackBoi posted...
It's not a moba in any way, shape, form, or even delusion. Its an objective team based shooter. Same as TF2, it's just a more team based and different type of objectives. Its in no way an arena.

And by this I mean it is not like a moba, it's not even pseudo or relative in any way.

Wrong, considering the devs themselves said they took inspiration from MOBAs, but whatever bruh.

doesn't mean that the game plays remotely like a moba.

I never said it does. I was simply stating that he's wrong when he says this game has absolutely NOTHING in common with a moba when it does.

you kinda implied it though when he said "it's not like a moba" and stuff and you replied with "wrong".
http://i.imgur.com/7QgYtto.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Eldbdrd.jpg
http://puu.sh/hvZfp/bb472b48a6.jpg http://puu.sh/hBX4c/c75f981486.png

User Info: Suicide_Jester

Suicide_Jester
1 year ago#23
PJ_Thorn posted...
Are we sure that they don't provide K/D to keep the community from getting toxic? Or are they just taking out information that creates incentives to focus on non-objective gameplay i.e. racking up kills instead of winning the game.

Basically this. They think having those stats there will devolve all game modes into TDM, which is fair. But you should still be able to see your own stats in detail a la TF2.
http://i.imgur.com/1H8TIxh.jpg

User Info: sadiztic666

sadiztic666
1 year ago#24
Suicide_Jester posted...
PJ_Thorn posted...
Are we sure that they don't provide K/D to keep the community from getting toxic? Or are they just taking out information that creates incentives to focus on non-objective gameplay i.e. racking up kills instead of winning the game.

Basically this. They think having those stats there will devolve all game modes into TDM, which is fair. But you should still be able to see your own stats in detail a la TF2.

Can you not see your own stats in detail anywhere? Even outside of the games?

User Info: PJ_Thorn

PJ_Thorn
1 year ago#25
Suicide_Jester posted...
PJ_Thorn posted...

Watching the vid-doc on Gamespot, the lead designer basically confirms this. The game breaks when people turn it into TDM...so they're doing what they can to discourage it from becoming that.

My guess is that people still like kills, even if they don't get stat screens, so lots of PUGs will devolve into poorly organized deathmatchs....but that's always the case in team games.

User Info: FillyPhlyers

FillyPhlyers
1 year ago#26
As someone who used to play Halo objective playlist with someone who cared about nothing but K/D, I'm glad this game doesn't have it. Honestly, I kinda can't stand players who play the K/D ratio game in an objective game just because they know it'll be easier for them to boost that number. If the lack of any K/D stats will encourage players to just throw themselves at the objective rather than skirting the outside for the entire match, trying to pick off stragglers without ever endangering themselves or creating any pressure, then it will be all for the better.

Maybe if they add a TDM mode (which I'm fairly sure they said they weren't planning on it) they can add the K/D, but keeping that stat out of their objective based game will only create better team play IMO.

User Info: PJ_Thorn

PJ_Thorn
1 year ago#27
FillyPhlyers posted...
As someone who used to play Halo objective playlist with someone who cared about nothing but K/D, I'm glad this game doesn't have it. Honestly, I kinda can't stand players who play the K/D ratio game in an objective game just because they know it'll be easier for them to boost that number. If the lack of any K/D stats will encourage players to just throw themselves at the objective rather than skirting the outside for the entire match, trying to pick off stragglers without ever endangering themselves or creating any pressure, then it will be all for the better.

Maybe if they add a TDM mode (which I'm fairly sure they said they weren't planning on it) they can add the K/D, but keeping that stat out of their objective based game will only create better team play IMO.

I doesn't help in games like CoD also where there's player leveling and weapon leveling all tied to getting more kills, so people have competing motivations other than trying to win.

User Info: Zao_Yen

Zao_Yen
1 year ago#28
Joker_X_II posted...
Stefan1277 posted...

I'm just amazed you actually believe all you're writing. You mean to tell me that communities are fine and being aggressive is fine. Calling people noobs, losers and r****** is fine too. Being an elitist prick is fine too. You honestly think all that senseless aggression is fine and that they honestly are nice to people and "teach them" when they ask for help. They never get mocked or trolled or "git gud".

Carebearing for the weak is fine in a sugar-candy world of PC niceness....

...but the reality is I'm not wasting my time on people who can't do something so simple like "staying on point", or "stand ON the payload".

The principles of this game are simple to understand. Sure, let the "elitist" figure out the finer points and angles to win. But as far as I've seen in the beta, the game rewards fulfilling objectives more than kill counts. And if my team is losing because some hot-shot wants to have the best k/d, or even falling back on the "I'm just having fun" excuse....he deserves every bad word coming at him.

lol,watch out guys,he comes from the hardcore,veteran-only,no wussies allowed console world.whoooo i'm so scared damn...

you are as toxic as those lol players,crappy game,crappy community
"This isn't GameFAQs, no need to get anal over a typo. Besides, you misspelled contribute yourself hypocrite." -Glaceon, /vp/

User Info: Joker_X_II

Joker_X_II
1 year ago#29
Zao_Yen posted...
Joker_X_II posted...
Stefan1277 posted...

I'm just amazed you actually believe all you're writing. You mean to tell me that communities are fine and being aggressive is fine. Calling people noobs, losers and r****** is fine too. Being an elitist prick is fine too. You honestly think all that senseless aggression is fine and that they honestly are nice to people and "teach them" when they ask for help. They never get mocked or trolled or "git gud".

Carebearing for the weak is fine in a sugar-candy world of PC niceness....

...but the reality is I'm not wasting my time on people who can't do something so simple like "staying on point", or "stand ON the payload".

The principles of this game are simple to understand. Sure, let the "elitist" figure out the finer points and angles to win. But as far as I've seen in the beta, the game rewards fulfilling objectives more than kill counts. And if my team is losing because some hot-shot wants to have the best k/d, or even falling back on the "I'm just having fun" excuse....he deserves every bad word coming at him.

lol,watch out guys,he comes from the hardcore,veteran-only,no wussies allowed console world.whoooo i'm so scared damn...

you are as toxic as those lol players,crappy game,crappy community

Shut the f*** up

I'm no more an "elitist", then you are a baddie, who'll cause every team you play for to lose because you can't defend s***.

I don't want you in this community. Save your money, don't play.
I posted something on this thread; now the thread is mine.

User Info: OmegaSol

OmegaSol
1 year ago#30
So. TC if this single post about the community is anything to go by, the community is extremely hostile and off topic.
XboxOne - OmegaSol PS4 - NEOOmegaSol Steam - OmegaSol WiiU - OmegaSol Blizzard - OmegaSol#1633
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. So How's The Community?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived