• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
  3. Which version has more content?

User Info: MXCM

MXCM
1 month ago#1
Which version has more content? N64 or 3DS? Thanks.

User Info: Scraps

Scraps
1 month ago#2
It's about the same either way, but the remake adds a sidequest or two, in addition to the fishing holes, so it does have more material than the original game.
This posting is made in full compliance with the GameFAQs Terms and Conditions. The poster politely asks all moderators to please LEAVE HER ALONE.

User Info: sithmaster15

sithmaster15
1 month ago#3
Yeah they didn't cut anything, not really, though they did make some parts of the game significantly less enjoyable, which is a form of cut content. Most notably, the Zora swimming in the remake is reduced to just being utilitarian instead of sublimely delightful, so you won't find yourself making excuses to glide, dolphin jump, and whirl around the waterways of the game, which can be a fairly significant loss depending on who you ask.
There are two of me.

User Info: Scraps

Scraps
1 month ago#4
sithmaster15 posted...
Most notably, the Zora swimming in the remake is reduced to just being utilitarian instead of sublimely delightful, so you won't find yourself making excuses to glide, dolphin jump, and whirl around the waterways of the game, which can be a fairly significant loss depending on who you ask.
You'll also spend less time bashing into walls while swimming thanks to this change. Your mileage may vary on how significant that loss is.

Moving away from that, you'll probably spend less time running around looking for sidequests in the remake, since the Bombers will constantly push you toward whatever ones are available with each new story checkpoint you clear. So you'll never not know which ones you're missing.
This posting is made in full compliance with the GameFAQs Terms and Conditions. The poster politely asks all moderators to please LEAVE HER ALONE.
(edited 1 month ago)

sithmaster15
1 month ago#5
Scraps posted...
You'll also spend less time bashing into walls while swimming thanks to this change.
Exactly, they decided to focus on utility and in so doing removed the fun. They turned the swimming into purely a mode of transit instead of being a destination unto itself. Sadly, it was possible to achieve both -improved utility and maintained fun- with just a bit more thought but for one reason or another it didn't happen.
There are two of me.
(message deleted)

User Info: Rubedo_URTV_666

Rubedo_URTV_666
3 weeks ago#7
sithmaster15 posted...
Exactly, they decided to focus on utility and in so doing removed the fun. They turned the swimming into purely a mode of transit instead of being a destination unto itself. Sadly, it was possible to achieve both -improved utility and maintained fun- with just a bit more thought but for one reason or another it didn't happen.

This always cracks me up when it's brought up as a negative. Aside from the fact you can get infinite magic from day 2 onwards if you do the side quest to get into the milk bar (which is available before this Mask), the "fun" you're talking about is a negligible loss at best. You make it sound like you used to spend hours just swimming around in circles because it was so "fun" (all of you people do), when in actuality it was simply a mode of transportation just like it is now (except now it has more precise handling since you can choose when to activate it).

It does cost magic now, but not that much. I can still do the entire Seahorse bit with the 8 Eels in one bar of magic. They put Jars all over the place to fill you up too. It's just not as big a deal as everyone makes it out to be. None of the changes are.
Gamertag: Rubedo URTV 666
"If you desire to know the truth, then you also must know that you have the courage to accept it."

sithmaster15
2 weeks ago#8
Ehh you just never enjoyed the original swimming as much as the rest of us did. That's fine. And maybe that means you'll never understand. Which is also fine. It's a game, so you do you- but if you are ever in a position where you're remastering a game like this, watch out for this sort of thing, and try not to do what Nintendo did here. Just because you don't understand why something was so fun and memorable doesn't mean it wasn't.
There are two of me.

User Info: Rimmer_Dall

Rimmer_Dall
2 weeks ago#9
Rubedo_URTV_666 posted...
You make it sound like you used to spend hours just swimming around in circles because it was so "fun"
Because we did. And it was.

We were like 10.

User Info: cyberpik

cyberpik
2 weeks ago#10
I never swam for hours on end, using it solely as transportation as I generally loathe the mechanic itself in any game.

That said, swimming in MM64 was indeed far more enjoyable than it was in MM3D.

OT: Does the altered Twinmold fight count as 'cut content'?
(edited 2 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
  3. Which version has more content?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A