• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
  3. Any theories about Majora's origin?

User Info: OskarRacing01

OskarRacing01
7 months ago#1
One of the only 'bad' things about Majora is that they don't have a 'origin story'. But are there any theories about what that is? Note: You should think about how the kid with Majora's mask on describes the fierce deity as 'the real bad guy' and why they give Link the Fierce diety's mask.

User Info: OskarRacing01

OskarRacing01
7 months ago#2
The theory which I'm familiar with was Majora and the Fierce deity had a fight, and in a last attempt to save themselves, they sealed their power into the mask. But, the Fierce Deity did the same thing.

Majora's mask always kept the Fierce Deity's mask near them; then the plot of Majora's Mask happens, but they finally meet again when Majora consumes the moon. Note: Majora can slow down time, you know! That's the only way Majora's Wrath could attack with their tentacles so quickly or how Majora's Incarnation walks so quickly.

User Info: Scraps

Scraps
7 months ago#3
For a long time, the theory I've gone with was that the ancient tribe that created Majora's Mask was Termina's equivalent of the tribe who created the Fused Shadows.

Since Hyrulian and Terminal parallels usually have some kind of moral dissonance between them, whereas the Twili's ancestors used the power of the Fused Shadows for evil, the ones who created Majora's Mask sealed it away in order to prevent that same outcome.

I also think that whatever entity exists inside the mask is simply taking notes and creating a persona based off of those who've worn and interacted with it -- hence why you have five kids who look like the Happy Mask Salesman on the moon, with four of them emulating the Four Giants while the fifth stands for the ostracized Skull Kid. And from the Skull Kid's point of view, Link is the "bad guy" because his mission and values go against the way Skull Kid and Majora's Mask operate.

Link and Skull Kid both have a history of being ostracized by others, but Link still goes out of his way to help people rather than using what he's gone through as an excuse to do them harm. Majora's Mask is basically a little kid throwing a temper tantrum over something he thinks it unfair, and he considers Link his enemy because Link's optimism and goodwill undermines the validity of Skull Kid's thought process.

I also think that the Fierce Deity's Mask is just something Majora's Mask created based on the positive energies of all of Link's other masks. I don't think it has any sort of history before that point.
This posting is made in full compliance with the GameFAQs Terms and Conditions. The poster politely asks all moderators to please LEAVE HER ALONE.
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
5 months ago#4
Perhaps the fierce deity is a combo of all the positive energy from all the collected masks and potential lingering Triforce of courage. A way of gratitude for helping the ones in termina to settle accounts or a better tomorrow. Lots of good vibe and meanings. Maybe that’s why it’s just so strong.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 USun: Stella; UMoon: Frosty; OGTG/DEG retired hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: Scooch_Mongrel

Scooch_Mongrel
4 months ago#5
gamemaster712 posted...
Perhaps the fierce deity is a combo of all the positive energy from all the collected masks and potential lingering Triforce of courage. A way of gratitude for helping the ones in termina to settle accounts or a better tomorrow. Lots of good vibe and meanings. Maybe that’s why it’s just so strong.
I think I've heard that theory before, that the Fierce Deity is sort of an amalgamation of the people of Termina, or a combination of the essence of all the masks.

Never once have I gotten good vibes from it, though. More like the complete opposite of good vibes. It's not here to bring gratitude and goodwill, It's here to ****ing destroy you.

User Info: Tutankoopa

Tutankoopa
3 months ago#6
I always assumed the Ancient tribe the Happy Mask Salesman refers to is one of the tribes from the Ikana region. Perhaps the Garo? Majora's Mask was most likely locked away in the Stone Tower Temple. After all, the main room of the STT has a statue closely resembling Majora. Majora's Mask somehow escapes and ends in HMS possession. Perhaps that is why Majora wants to destroy Termina due to being locked away.
Baltimore Orioles: 3-0 | Baltimore Ravens: 8-8
Why Not? 2012 | 2014
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
  3. Any theories about Majora's origin?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A