• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
  3. Does the Great Fairy's Sword havs greater range than the Gilded Sword?

User Info: Truth35777

Truth35777
9 months ago#1
I am aware of all the power ratings for the swords:
Kokiri=100%
Razor=200%
Gilded=300%
Fairy=400%

but did anyone ever compile the range differences?

I understand it would be far more difficult to determine, so I understand if a range chart doesn't exist.

From my brief tests, the great Fairy Sword seems to have dramatically more range than the other blades in the game.

I could be wrong, though.
Ouch

User Info: Scraps

Scraps
9 months ago#2
Just going off of memory, I'm pretty sure it has more range. It's a longer blade, I think, so it wouldn't make much sense not to.
This posting is made in full compliance with the GameFAQs Terms and Conditions. The poster politely asks all moderators to PLEASE LEAVE HER ALONE.

User Info: TheLonius500

TheLonius500
9 months ago#3
Isn't the Gilded's range the same as the Master Sword while the GFS is the Biggoron.
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.

Scraps
9 months ago#4
TheLonius500 posted...
Isn't the Gilded's range the same as the Master Sword while the GFS is the Biggoron.
I don't think it's that exact. I think the Gilded and Fairy's Swords are shorter than the Master Sword and Biggoron's Sword, since Link is also shorter when wielding one pair than the other. (Otherwise he should've been able to use Biggoron's Sword as a child in Ocarina of Time.)
This posting is made in full compliance with the GameFAQs Terms and Conditions. The poster politely asks all moderators to please LEAVE HER ALONE.

User Info: OhHiRenan

OhHiRenan
8 months ago#5
Scraps posted...
I don't think it's that exact. I think the Gilded and Fairy's Swords are shorter than the Master Sword and Biggoron's Sword, since Link is also shorter when wielding one pair than the other. (Otherwise he should've been able to use Biggoron's Sword as a child in Ocarina of Time.)
It's worth keeping in mind that Majora's Mask actually uses a different, taller model for young Link. I wouldn't be surprised if the blades actually were exact analogues, but I would need to cross reference them myselves.
http://i.imgur.com/KxJQD.jpg
My Final Fantasy VII Remake Review: http://www.cubed3.com/review/5905/1/final-fantasy-vii-remake-playstation-4.html

Scraps
7 months ago#6
At least in the 3DS version, the two swords have different reaches. I verified this using the wooden crate near Romani Ranch's barn -- if you stand in the right spot, a swing of the Great Fairy's Sword will still hit the crate while a swing of the Gilded Sword comes up short. I tested the Gilded Sword first to ensure I didn't get knocked back.
OhHiRenan posted...
It's worth keeping in mind that Majora's Mask actually uses a different, taller model for young Link. I wouldn't be surprised if the blades actually were exact analogues, but I would need to cross reference them myselves.
You might be right, but he's not that much taller. According to the manual, this game only takes place a few months after the end of Ocarina of Time 3D. I doubt that's all the time Link would've needed to be able to wield Biggoron's Sword, even if we take it that he'd undergone training in the meantime.
This posting is made in full compliance with the GameFAQs Terms and Conditions. The poster politely asks all moderators to please LEAVE HER ALONE.

Scraps
7 months ago#7
It's also longer in the N64 version.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
  3. Does the Great Fairy's Sword havs greater range than the Gilded Sword?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A