The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: BLAHMASTER

BLAHMASTER
2 months ago#1
It's finally time for me to see what this game's all about! I've been playing through all the Zelda games, in timeline order. I decided to do this time branch first. I just finished OoT, which I hadn't played in quite a while. It was actually way better than I remembered. MM, however, is completely new to me, so I figured I'd get the new version. I'm going to try to keep things unspoiled, but hopefully if I have a question or two, I can get some pointers here!
It doesn't have to make sense.

User Info: Meganium7

Meganium7
2 months ago#2
it's pretty dead around here but I'm sure some of us will try to poke in occasionally
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Paiguy
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1094-nihon-falcom-general

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
2 months ago#3
Don’t be intimidated by the 3 day cycle...
It gets better once you slowly progress and obtain more items.
Restocking arrows and bombs eventually becomes a cinch.
Have fun and enjoy
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 USun: Stella; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

BLAHMASTER
2 months ago#4
I'm not gunna lie, the timer is getting to me. I don't like going out of my way to open a chest I noticed, just to get a few rupies. Every time I take a break, fly to bank, reset time, slow time, save. Kinda repetative. :( Getting tired of switching between masks too. Oh well. The magic beans in this game seem kinda weird, and it's odd that I can't bottle water every place I see water. I do have bombs now, and a couple of transformation masks, so I'm not as boxed in, which is nice. The bomber book, or whatever it's called is nice. There are a couple of quests I don't know how to complete yet, so it's nice having them marked in game for me, like many modern RPGs do. This game gets better the more I play it, but I don't know what else is in store for me. Onward!

User Info: Meganium7

Meganium7
2 months ago#5
you're playing 3ds version right? why are you resetting time instead of just saving and coming back?
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Paiguy
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1094-nihon-falcom-general

gamemaster712
2 months ago#6
Play the song of time backwards
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 USun: Stella; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder

BLAHMASTER
2 months ago#7
I am using the song if time backwards. And i usually only reset if it's late on the third day.

gamemaster712
2 months ago#8
I mean with every owl statue you activate as well it helps and song of soaring cuts back on time. Once a dungeon opening song is acquired you can just start a fresh cycle and tackle the dungeon...

It’s literally Groundhog Day Zelda edition

BLAHMASTER
2 months ago#9
I'm really liking this Zora section so far! I found out the hard way that winning the Goron race on the third day is pointless. :( I redid everything and got the nice sword though. The shooting gallery is broken with motion controls available! So easy! I'm curious if the archery in OoT3D is also stupid easy because of the motion control aiming... I'm probably going to skip the fairy finding for the rest of the dungeons and use a guide. Searching and researching in the snow dungeon just wasn't fun. It's pretty clear I'll be getting a hookshot or something similar soon. :)

gamemaster712
2 months ago#10
I never got used to the motion control aiming.
Even with original I was a pretty good shot using the analog
  • Topic Archived