• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
  3. 3 heart run at Twinmold - Ugh

User Info: taervek

taervek
3 months ago#1
I have done the 3-Heart run on Ocarina of Time (classic and master quest) Majora's Mask on 64, Twilight Princess, the original Legend of Zelda (first boss was annoying, trying to keep it from dropping the heart in the middle of the path to Triforce piece...) and I think I also did it on Link's Awakening and the Oracle games, but I don't remember for sure on those, it's been too long. I haven't done it on Link to the Past or Link Between Worlds, because it isn't possible. (Hearts must be collected after boss fight, or plot item doesn't appear.) Then, Skyward Sword starts with 4 hearts, and Adventure of Link doesn't really use hearts.

Here, Twinmold has so much health, I think it may just make it the hardest one I've done! This is turning out to be a very annoying boss. I've had to reload the file a couple times already, because even though there isn't a death counter, I like having a file that hasn't died on this path.
No pixels were harmed in the creation of this message. Thousands of electrons, though, were horribly inconvenienced.

taervek
3 months ago#2
Nevermind. Once I figured out gathering hearts from baby... bug things, and magic bottles where the red Twinmold appeared, it became much easier.

Game finished. Never got the 7th bottle from Gorman Bros. I'll have to rectify that shortly.
No pixels were harmed in the creation of this message. Thousands of electrons, though, were horribly inconvenienced.

User Info: -Unowninator-

-Unowninator-
2 months ago#3
I can't even beat the boss, period. In 64, I just put on the Giant's Mask & button spammed the sword.

In the 3DS, I gave up finding the mask because I couldn't find it, but I was able to kill the blue one, and get the Giant's mask during the fight. But no matter how much I punched the red one (since for some reason my sword doesn't grow this time), it just wouldn't die, and the next thing I know, I've 6 minutes before the moon crashes. I had to abandon the attempt, and I still can't kill the damn thing. And the Sheikah Stone didn't help me figure out what to do at all.
''25 posts in and no one has addressed the orignal question. Also, I'm continuing that streak :P'' ~ Lord_Zenki
Join the unknown: http://goo.gl/S75cmn

User Info: Mariofan15

Mariofan15
2 months ago#4
-Unowninator- posted...
I can't even beat the boss, period. In 64, I just put on the Giant's Mask & button spammed the sword.

In the 3DS, I gave up finding the mask because I couldn't find it, but I was able to kill the blue one, and get the Giant's mask during the fight. But no matter how much I punched the red one (since for some reason my sword doesn't grow this time), it just wouldn't die, and the next thing I know, I've 6 minutes before the moon crashes. I had to abandon the attempt, and I still can't kill the damn thing. And the Sheikah Stone didn't help me figure out what to do at all.

Why would your sword grow? You dont use it at all when you fight the red one.Use the Boulder's that are around.Those instantly down it.
3DS FC:3454-6183-7999
Pokemon White 2 National Dex Completed:9/26/2013

User Info: -Unowninator-

-Unowninator-
2 months ago#5
Mariofan15 posted...
Why would your sword grow? You dont use it at all when you fight the red one.

It did in the original version; I just assumed it'd be the same in the remake.

Use the Boulder's that are around.Those instantly down it.

As awesome as throwing them was, I don't think they respawn, and it seems 2 boulders isn't enough to kill it.
''25 posts in and no one has addressed the orignal question. Also, I'm continuing that streak :P'' ~ Lord_Zenki
Join the unknown: http://goo.gl/S75cmn

taervek
2 months ago#6
-Unowninator- posted...
But no matter how much I punched the red one (since for some reason my sword doesn't grow this time), it just wouldn't die, and the next thing I know, I've 6 minutes before the moon crashes. I had to abandon the attempt, and I still can't kill the damn thing.

Yeah, it takes a LOT of hits to take it down, and when it hits the ground, you have to run up to the head or the end of the tail and "grab" it. It takes... 6 times, I think? The damage while it's still flying is all superficial, and will never kill it, like how in OoT, the first boss (Queen Gohma) had to be stunned by the slingshot before you could damage it with your sword; or in the same game, you had to hit Ganon's tail before he falls to his knees and you can attack his actual weak point.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
  3. 3 heart run at Twinmold - Ugh
  • Topic Archived