Tried packing in all of the great bay stuff into one day.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
  3. Tried packing in all of the great bay stuff into one day.

User Info: OniLink5000

OniLink5000
2 years ago#1
Ended up at Gyorg on phase 2.

Gyorg is just swimming on the other side of the pool and I'm like, I've gotta get closer so he tries to eat me.

Instead I'm just fighting with the swim controls. A single tear rolls down my face as i see that the timer is now at 15 seconds until lunar impact, so I dive to the bottom, bring out the fail guitar and play the song of time, as Gyorg teabags my face.

Oh well.
Good. You didn't skip over this line of text. This part of the post is actually quite significant and very, very important.

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
2 years ago#2
Next time you make sushi out of it,
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Y: Sean (2787); X: Lily (3181); OGTG hax breeder/DEGI
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: BananaKingGuy

BananaKingGuy
2 years ago#3
OniLink5000 posted...

Gyorg is just swimming on the other side of the pool and I'm like, I've gotta get closer so he tries to eat me.

Instead I'm just fighting with the swim controls. A single tear rolls down my face as i see that the timer is now at 15 seconds until lunar impact, so I dive to the bottom, bring out the fail guitar and play the song of time, as Gyorg teabags my face.

Oh well.

You do not pack Great Bay into one day.

That's just common sense.
If you are online, be prepared to become a hypocrite!
3DS FC: 3282-4223-7891

User Info: Bluegiocoso

Bluegiocoso
2 years ago#4
Well, you could definitely do it in the N64 version. ..

User Info: MatthewSB

MatthewSB
2 years ago#5
BananaKingGuy posted...
OniLink5000 posted...

Oh well.

It is possible to do entire areas in one cycle, and even more stuff. If you make your run as dense with the main and side quests as possible, it is possible to achieve a 5 cycle run (not counting the one spent as a scrub).

User Info: Satan915

Satan915
2 years ago#6
MatthewSB posted...
It is possible to do entire areas in one cycle, and even more stuff. If you make your run as dense with the main and side quests as possible, it is possible to achieve a 5 cycle run (not counting the one spent as a scrub).

In the N64 version it was possible to get 18 of the 20 non-transformation masks and beat Majora in two cycles, and that includes the very first cycle. To 100% it would take four cycles total. Assuming you got the Couple's Mask and Postman's Hat on the 2nd cycle, the 3rd cycle would be to get the Blast Mask and all All-Night Mask. The 4th cycle would be to get the Grandmother's Story Heart Pieces, and the bottle from Madam Aroma. The heart pieces from the Mayor, Mailbox, Keaton and any others could be gotten by the end of the 3rd cycle, or 4th if you need the time.

User Info: BananaKingGuy

BananaKingGuy
2 years ago#7
MatthewSB posted...
BananaKingGuy posted...
OniLink5000 posted...

Oh well.

That was less "do not" and more "I recommend you to not try unless you are trying to do a speedrun".
If you are online, be prepared to become a hypocrite!
3DS FC: 3282-4223-7891

User Info: KingArgorok

KingArgorok
2 years ago#8
Satan915 posted...
MatthewSB posted...

In the N64 version it was possible to get 18 of the 20 non-transformation masks and beat Majora in two cycles, and that includes the very first cycle. To 100% it would take four cycles total. Assuming you got the Couple's Mask and Postman's Hat on the 2nd cycle, the 3rd cycle would be to get the Blast Mask and all All-Night Mask. The 4th cycle would be to get the Grandmother's Story Heart Pieces, and the bottle from Madam Aroma. The heart pieces from the Mayor, Mailbox, Keaton and any others could be gotten by the end of the 3rd cycle, or 4th if you need the time.

You can get the Aroma bottle on the same cycle as the All Night Mask.

If I recall correctly here is what contradicts the other: Stopping Sakon prevents the Couple's Mask. (Just be sure not to kill him because both side quests are ruined). Stopping him gets the Blast Mask and All Night Mask (if you have wallet upgrade). Going to Madame Aroma prevents the Post-man's hat and vise versa.

I believe those are the only split decisions that I can think of.

User Info: Satan915

Satan915
2 years ago#9
KingArgorok posted...
Satan915 posted...
MatthewSB posted...

You can get the Aroma bottle on the same cycle as the All Night Mask.

If I recall correctly here is what contradicts the other: Stopping Sakon prevents the Couple's Mask. (Just be sure not to kill him because both side quests are ruined). Stopping him gets the Blast Mask and All Night Mask (if you have wallet upgrade). Going to Madame Aroma prevents the Post-man's hat and vise versa.

No you can't, because if you stop Sakon then he wont show up in the Curiosity Shop on the 2nd night, which means Kafei will not pursue him to Ikana Canyon on the final day, which means the Curiosity Shop Owner wont be in the back of the shop on the final day to give you the Priority Mail. If you can't get the Priority Mail then you can't get the Postman's Hat or Aroma's bottle on that cycle.

User Info: Bluegiocoso

Bluegiocoso
2 years ago#10
KingArgorok posted...

Well, that, and all of the quests that are only available before or after you defeat a temple boss.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
  3. Tried packing in all of the great bay stuff into one day.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived