• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Piet_NL

Piet_NL
6 years ago#1
So, in the N64 version the 4th day glitch was a well known glitch so you could get to the 4th day (a new day) and still explore.

I watched some videos of the 4th day glitch in this version of MM, but nobody really get's it to work properly.

Is there a way to see the white screen saying "Dawn of a new day" and get the change to explore everything?

Please let me and everybody else know!
It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.
Switch FC: SW-3553-2450-1242

User Info: HitakaPhoenix

HitakaPhoenix
6 years ago#2
Yes in fact there is. By using bottle duping over certain masks like the gibdo mask, you can screw up time so badly the game will think you have negative hours left, which means you're on 4th day. Next time it hits 6 AM, the "Dawn of a new day" screen appears, at which point the game tries to load the "credits" version of whatever map you're on, because that's what 4th day really is, the credits. If you do it on Termina Field you'll see the giants from the ending. However, most maps don't have a credits version so the game will either crash or send you to a completely different map, which is known as a "wrong warp". This is already being utilized to skip large parts of the game in speedruns. For example, you can skip the zora eggs and Great Bay Temple and warp right to Gyorg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HEzYmjJqPw

You can find more info on all this stuff here: http://zeldaspeedruns.com/mm3d
Currently a warp straight to the moon is being researched.
Life itself is that which is eternal.

User Info: Super Slash

Super Slash
6 years ago#3
HitakaPhoenix posted...
Yes in fact there is. By using bottle duping over certain masks like the gibdo mask, you can screw up time so badly the game will think you have negative hours left, which means you're on 4th day. Next time it hits 6 AM, the "Dawn of a new day" screen appears, at which point the game tries to load the "credits" version of whatever map you're on, because that's what 4th day really is, the credits. If you do it on Termina Field you'll see the giants from the ending. However, most maps don't have a credits version so the game will either crash or send you to a completely different map, which is known as a "wrong warp". This is already being utilized to skip large parts of the game in speedruns. For example, you can skip the zora eggs and Great Bay Temple and warp right to Gyorg:

I don't see how they can call this legitimate speedrunning. For example, in ALttP you can back-walk directly to the final room of the game (I've done it on an emulator, but not a console). I don't see how they can take any pride in that.

User Info: HitakaPhoenix

HitakaPhoenix
6 years ago#4
It depends on the game and how entertaining the category is. In ALttP you can beat the game in two minutes but no one speedruns that because it's boring. More popular categories are ones that ban the glitch that lets you do that. Most games with glitches that skip 90% of a game have longer categories that show more of the game off and are more fun to watch. OoT can be beaten in 18 minutes with wrong warping, but there's also a category that bans that. And of course there's always 100% categories that get everything as fast as possible.
Life itself is that which is eternal.

Piet_NL
6 years ago#5
HitakaPhoenix posted...

Thanks man! Awesome!! :D

User Info: JacobTheJaffa

JacobTheJaffa
6 years ago#6
Super Slash posted...
HitakaPhoenix posted...

I don't see how they can call this legitimate speedrunning. For example, in ALttP you can back-walk directly to the final room of the game (I've done it on an emulator, but not a console). I don't see how they can take any pride in that.

Because that's a category. Some don't prefer watching it, some do. Just watch 100% or Glitchless% categories if you don't enjoy glitched ones.
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer. ~ Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
NNID: Jacob95

User Info: AdeonWriter

AdeonWriter
6 years ago#7
Glitches were changed. For one, certain kinds of unexpected inventory curruption causes Link to reload as FD Link. Something Greezo possibly did on purpose knowing bottle adventure was still possible.

Piet_NL
6 years ago#8
YES, I did it!
'Dawn of a new day' in Termina Field.
With skullkid, Happymask Salesman & Epona just standing threre!
Pretty cool! :D

User Info: Blacknite08

Blacknite08
6 years ago#9
I tried to do the bottle glitch with hotspring water but it didn't work. I paused and switched to the Gibdo Mask midswing and it wasn't replaced by the bottle. What am I doing wrong?
I need to change my sig

User Info: SoulReaperOmega

SoulReaperOmega
6 years ago#10
Blacknite08 posted...
I tried to do the bottle glitch with hotspring water but it didn't work. I paused and switched to the Gibdo Mask midswing and it wasn't replaced by the bottle. What am I doing wrong?

You first need to catch the water with the bottle, to which point Link will be holding the bottled item in his hand at his side (this is important). Then you need to set up for an Extended Superslide. Basically, you need to push the Circle Pad down and to the left or right ever so slightly, to the point where Link starts turning in place. Then while Link is turning, lock the camera with L. You will know you have done this setup correctly when Link is shuffling his feet in place. At this point, while in this state, press the button for the bottled water, followed by the button for the mask in quick succesion (both items must be assigned to different buttons. After Link dumps the water, then an empty bottle should appear over the button with the mask.
3DS FC: 1676-3985-1600
Currently Playing: Splat-at-at-at-at-at-at-at-at-at-SPLATOON
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A