You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
  3. Complete Fishing Hole Guide. All Fish locations and tips.

User Info: Dark_Samus33

Dark_Samus33
3 years ago#11
LSK_REborn posted...
Hey I'm standing by a grand sword fish and I'm wearing the FD mask, but e seems uninterested I'm using the sinking lure, does he require the normal rod?

Yup, Normal Lure only for that bad boy.

40Dribylf posted...
Awesome guide. Do you get prizes for catching boss fishes?

Nothing besides self-satisfaction.
404: Care not found.
(edited 3 years ago)

User Info: Mars1040

Mars1040
3 years ago#12
This much-needed thread got Sticky'd. Hooray!
Currently on a hunger strike until there is news of a new Syphon Filter!
Donations in the form of edible goods are much appreciated.

User Info: LSK_REborn

LSK_REborn
3 years ago#13
Big ups for the sticky

User Info: Brodius

Brodius
3 years ago#14
If you need money, you should always grab the 2 silver rupees in Clock Town (The first is in the Bomber's hideout, to the left along the canal. You'll need an explosive of any kind to break the wall. Watch out for the Skulltula. The other is along the Rooftops in East Clocktown, all the way to the south end. )

The plants just outside the first fishing pond always drop between 30 and 40 rupees, so going in and out and farming that spot maxs your wallet limit pretty quickly.
"Oh no!" He screamed. "Please not again! Have pity! Have mercy!"
3DS FC: 1118-0590-0987

User Info: The_Lost_Sabre

The_Lost_Sabre
3 years ago#15
Sticky completed! :o
"Clearly realism surely, absolutely doesn't exist, amrite?"
In the Void, you shall find your eternal paradise... of everyday randomness...

User Info: Auraldo_PJ

Auraldo_PJ
3 years ago#16
Any tips to reel in fish? I was catching the Great Fairy Fish but I ran out of time :'c currently I've been trying to follow the fish's direction and pushing the circle pad in that way but I don't know if that's correct, when the hook begins to reel faster I push the circle pad towards link

Btw great guide! Glad to see it's finally complete

Dark_Samus33
3 years ago#17
Auraldo_PJ posted...
Any tips to reel in fish? I was catching the Great Fairy Fish but I ran out of time :'c currently I've been trying to follow the fish's direction and pushing the circle pad in that way but I don't know if that's correct, when the hook begins to reel faster I push the circle pad towards link

Btw great guide! Glad to see it's finally complete

To be fair, I consider the Great Fairy Fish to be the hardest fish to catch in any Zelda game, mostly because you have to use noodle-armed Child Link to reel it in. All the other Boss fish can be caught using Fierce Deity, which makes them not that hard.

The only thing I can recommend is once you hook it, hold R+A and don't let go. Watch your line, rather than the fish itself, and try to match the way you pull with the way the line is going. And when the fish jumps out of the water, release the Circle Pad completely. Other than that, just keep at it. It took me literally 9 minutes to reel it in from when I hooked it to when it was hoisted above my head in triumph.

User Info: MajorasMask9

MajorasMask9
3 years ago#18
Regarding Lord Chapu-Chapu, will you be able to see it in the cave before attracting it with another fish, or do you just need to lure a fish outside the cave for it to appear?
No longer on fierce diets...

Dark_Samus33
3 years ago#19
MajorasMask9 posted...
Regarding Lord Chapu-Chapu, will you be able to see it in the cave before attracting it with another fish, or do you just need to lure a fish outside the cave for it to appear?

You'll see him peering out of the cave, same with the Great Fairy Fish.

Unless I indicate it on the list, like with the Ninja Flounder and Colossal Catfish, the fish will be visible where they have spawned.

User Info: HitakaPhoenix

HitakaPhoenix
3 years ago#20
The best money farming method is the zora pots. You can make 500 rupees in a couple minutes easily. Here's how to position yourself properly: as Zora, stand up against the center pot and hold L. Backflip 4 times (being sure to hold down for the entire flip, otherwise you stop short), then roll twice (hold L and press A, do not press a direction). Then just hold B and aim so the top of zora Link's head is just under the center pot and let go. After you get paid, hit B again without moving and aim back at the center pot. 6 times will max out your cash. This is also the best way to farm 5000 for the bank.

A note: if you did it right, when you aim for the pots the left tree will be on the left edge of the screen.
Life itself is that which is eternal.
(edited 3 years ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
  3. Complete Fishing Hole Guide. All Fish locations and tips.