• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
  3. Nintendo UK Hates America!! (at least American customers anyway)

User Info: mrsquarepants

mrsquarepants
6 years ago#1
Tried to pre-order this from Nintendo UK website. Only allowed UK addresses to be used. Okay. So I sign up for a UK shipping forwarding service. I had to pay 8$ to sign up. Oh well. As long as I can use this to pay for my game right? Got my address instantly. Used it to pay. Paypal didn't go through because I had US addresses on it and it would not complete the payment. ARGH. All right fine. I'll use my debit card. Would not allow me to put a US billing address despite me using a UK shipping address. So I just put it as "billing is the same as shipping". Transaction goes through.

A day later my order is cancelled. I e-mailed to inquire why. Was it because I didn't have a matching billing address or because I didn't have a real UK address. They didn't answer so I tried to log in and contact them there. My login information didn't work. I reset my password because I figured I forgot despite me being sure I used the right password. The e-mail comes back, saying my account doesn't exist.

THEY DELETED MY ACCOUNT.

WTF.

No response from them as of now and it's been 4 days. They either hate American customers or they think I'm some kind of cyber terrorist because of my many addresses.

User Info: Hylian-Hero

Hylian-Hero
6 years ago#2
I think its because, y'know, the fact you ordered from a UK Nintendo store that only ships to the UK.
Link Main here. Time to cut some bushes and smash some pots! Chrom for SuperSmashBros.4 - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and Final Fantasy XV.

User Info: 12ehsteve

12ehsteve
6 years ago#3
That's why I used GAME; they ship internationally...
http://s1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee424/ehsteve12/
My Legend of Zelda Collection - Last updated Nov. 26/14

User Info: mrsquarepants

mrsquarepants
6 years ago#4
But I provided a UK address so it shouldn't have been an issue! Most of the time they don't ship outside their country is to avoid dealing with the hassle of international shipping. However I don't see the problem since I gave a UK address. And they never answered my e-mail, if it was really an issue with international shipping a simple Sorry we unfortunately do not ship to that country." would have suffice. But nope it was a "your order has been cancelled due to security issues" And they deleted my account and ignored my e-mail. So it's something more than not shipping internationally. I think so anyway... Whatever... Nintendo is always making these special edition things so ridiculously stressful or expensive to get...
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
  3. Nintendo UK Hates America!! (at least American customers anyway)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A