• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Eremyndil

Eremyndil
6 years ago#1
After completing mission 4: The Creator, do not save the game inside the supplies room of the Hideout and close the game or replay another mission. If you do, when you return to the Hideout you will be locked without a prompt to continue the campaign. To avoid this you should do the following. Simply start the next mission and save there, then you may continue or close the game. To be safe, leave a save right before finishing the mission (doing this on a repaly does not work).
(S.W./BioWare) "we, BioWare, don't owe you a patch"
(M./WBros) "working hard on...DLC and there currently are no plans for...another patch"

User Info: spartangoat1

spartangoat1
6 years ago#2
Damn that sucks. I've been doing a mission and getting all coins and undetected insignia in the first run, then replaying it in the hideout for the no kills and swiftness insignia. Guess that's not going to happen for that level. They need to patch this game again. Fix the pop in when turning the camera, fix the bodies sometimes bouncing inside the wall or floor and making a loud noise after a muffled kill, fix the loading times, fix these bugs. There's no excuse really. They made Of Orcs and Men. While it wasn't all that great they have some experience from it. Styx is good and it sucks that it's crippled with these issues they did not bother to do anything about. There are other games with better graphics that still have shorter loading times and no pop in as you look around. If more demanding games can handle it then surely this one could as well.
Riki can win by himself.

User Info: Taishi Ci CCR

Taishi Ci CCR
6 years ago#3
spartangoat1 posted...
Damn that sucks. I've been doing a mission and getting all coins and undetected insignia in the first run, then replaying it in the hideout for the no kills and swiftness insignia. Guess that's not going to happen for that level. They need to patch this game again. Fix the pop in when turning the camera, fix the bodies sometimes bouncing inside the wall or floor and making a loud noise after a muffled kill, fix the loading times, fix these bugs. There's no excuse really. They made Of Orcs and Men. While it wasn't all that great they have some experience from it. Styx is good and it sucks that it's crippled with these issues...

To the topic, I never experienced this "game breaking bug" and you're most certainly in the minority if what you say is true. It's more likely your system and/or connection that is the problem; not the game.

To Spartan: It's easier if you do Shadow, Mercy and Swiftness all in one run. Then your second run all you do is coins. Secondly, stop crying. The game is fine as is. Making a loud noise after a kill is probably you knocking something over during the grab/kill. What load times? Why is everyone complaining about load times? Again, your system and/or connection... I have basic Internet and the loads are nothing. As for these perceived issues "crippling" the game, take the blue pill...
Which dystopia do you want to live in? Huxley or Orwell? - AtmosOmega
You guys on this board can be a little biased...

User Info: Eremyndil

Eremyndil
6 years ago#4
Taishi Ci CCR posted...
To the topic, I never experienced this "game breaking bug" and you're most certainly in the minority if what you say is true. It's more likely your system and/or connection that is the problem; not the game.

My connection! Are you trying to insult me?

Read post #39 (post #40 has a theory as to how it happens)
http://steamcommunity.com/app/242640/discussions/0/613938575180403102/?l=french

Read post #9:
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/styx-master-of-shadows/258649-gamebreaking-replay-mission-bug.html

Watch this video:
http://youtu.be/CXjhZKp-dz4
(S.W./BioWare) "we, BioWare, don't owe you a patch"
(M./WBros) "working hard on...DLC and there currently are no plans for...another patch"

User Info: spartangoat1

spartangoat1
6 years ago#5
Taishi Ci CCR posted...
spartangoat1 posted...
Damn that sucks. I've been doing a mission and getting all coins and undetected insignia in the first run, then replaying it in the hideout for the no kills and swiftness insignia. Guess that's not going to happen for that level. They need to patch this game again. Fix the pop in when turning the camera, fix the bodies sometimes bouncing inside the wall or floor and making a loud noise after a muffled kill, fix the loading times, fix these bugs. There's no excuse really. They made Of Orcs and Men. While it wasn't all that great they have some experience from it. Styx is good and it sucks that it's crippled with these issues...

To Spartan: It's easier if you do Shadow, Mercy and Swiftness all in one run. Then your second run all you do is coins. Secondly, stop crying. The game is fine as is. Making a loud noise after a kill is probably you knocking something over during the grab/kill. What load times? Why is everyone complaining about load times? Again, your system and/or connection... I have basic Internet and the loads are nothing. As for these perceived issues "crippling" the game, take the blue pill...

Connection issues on a downloaded game that I can play offline? What moronic garbage. I don't even need to explain what's wrong with that statement. Read what you've typed again and feel ashamed as you should. Everyone is complaining about load times because they are very long. If they weren't then no one would be complaining, you see how that works? Also, bodies getting caught in the walls and floors and making noise after a muffled kill is a known issue. If you haven't experienced it yet then I have to assume you've not yet even found your dagger. Take the blue pill, yet more moronic garbage. It is exactly that attitude that has brought us games broken on release day that require a 1 gig+ day one patch to even work half decently, with more patches to follow. No one cares anymore. If I did not like the game I would not bother coming to a barely living board to complain about these things. It is not crying to complain about issues with a product you have paid for. You gain that right with every purchase you make.
Riki can win by himself.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A