You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA
  3. Favorite Character? *SPOILERS*

User Info: plasmabeam

plasmabeam
1 month ago#1
Favorite character overall? (based on personality, character arc, gameplay, etc.)

Laxia for me.

Really enjoyed watching her grow from a snobby noblewoman to a team leader over the course of the story. Also she felt more driven compared to the others, always suggesting new plans and questioning others' decisions.

What about you guys?
~Jacksonville Jaguars~

User Info: Ladonia

Ladonia
1 month ago#2
Adol for playstyle, Hummel for everything else.

User Info: Leon481

Leon481
1 month ago#3
Dana. She gets the best story, some of the best gameplay segments, and she has a fun battle style.

I do love everyone else as well. Adol's fun to play. Sahad and Hummel and likeable and funny. Laxia growing out of being a tsundere instead of keeping it alive for comedy is rare and refreshing in anime based content.

Ricotta is pretty likeable as well, but I feel like she got the least story and development. I've kind of wondered if she didn't get some cut content. Unlike everyone else they never really went into her past and she looks so much like Olga that I couldn't help suspect a connection, but they never said a word either way.

plasmabeam
1 month ago#4
Leon481 posted...
Dana. She gets the best story, some of the best gameplay segments, and she has a fun battle style.

I do love everyone else as well. Adol's fun to play. Sahad and Hummel and likeable and funny. Laxia growing out of being a tsundere instead of keeping it alive for comedy is rare and refreshing in anime based content.

Ricotta is pretty likeable as well, but I feel like she got the least story and development. I've kind of wondered if she didn't get some cut content. Unlike everyone else they never really went into her past and she looks so much like Olga that I couldn't help suspect a connection, but they never said a word either way.

Agreed on mostly everything you said. I think Ricotta got less attention because she's a kid, but you could be right about there being cut content.
~Jacksonville Jaguars~

User Info: Ilikebulletz

Ilikebulletz
1 month ago#5
Dana. I mean, the games basically about her pretty much.

And for the thing that matters the most; playstyle, shes very fun to play.

I like Adol as well.

Hummel will always be remembered for being the one to land the finishing hit on True End Final Boss after I struggled with that dude for 5+ hours (The other 2 characters dead, he was at 1HP) I was like OMFG THANKS HUMMEL YOUR THE MVP. Besides, he has the privilege of being the designated Ranged character, and these tend to be unique for said utility.

Riccotta is forgettable, honestly.

Laxia is good early game and then shes kinda... So-so. Dana takes over.

Sahad is a good example of a character I dont dislike personality-wise but absolutely DETEST gameplay-wise.
Always up for a challenging game!
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9HlYcfmVuW8yMVmgSrA8LQ
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: WakuWakuSeven

WakuWakuSeven
1 month ago#6
Dana. Loved her, loved her story, loved controlling her. Wish you could use her forms in the present.

Didn't really give a damn about the party member characters at all.
http://youtu.be/U753NYo32Ww

plasmabeam
4 weeks ago#7
WakuWakuSeven posted...
Dana. Loved her, loved her story, loved controlling her. Wish you could use her forms in the present.

Didn't really give a damn about the party member characters at all.

This. So much this.
~Jacksonville Jaguars~
  1. Boards
  2. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA
  3. Favorite Character? *SPOILERS*