New theory on Eldeen extinction: The Eldeen Lacrimosa (WARNING: SPOILERS!)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA
  3. New theory on Eldeen extinction: The Eldeen Lacrimosa (WARNING: SPOILERS!)

User Info: ShiroKusanagi

ShiroKusanagi
11 months ago#1
After beating the game and re-examining all that I know on the series and the Eldeen, I found myself coming up with a theory to explain the disappearance/extinction of the Eldeen: They were the victims of a Lacrimosa.

This theory may or may not hold water, but if you remember "Memories of Celceta", you would know that Eldeel is the LAST ELDEEN LIVING. And according to Ys VIII, ONE representative of the species to go extinct (i.e. the Eldeen in this case), is chosen to be a Protector of Evolution.

IF the Eldeen did indeed disappear as a result of a Lacrimosa, then it stands to reason that Eldeel is the sixth Protector of Evolution (i.e. the last one before Adol), but for some reason, declined to join them. Again this is just a theory to help explain the fall of the Eldeen civilization. Let me know what you think.
Have sword, will wander!

User Info: X-ikan

X-ikan
11 months ago#2
i hope you do more research or play all ys games as Eldeel is not the last Eldeen

Feena and Reah is also an Eldeen in ys 1 & 2 (they never died)
Alma in Ys 6 is an Eldeen and she reappears at the end of the game to stop ark naphistim. Adol even had time to speak to her spirit projection.
Olha stated that Alma and the others are watching....which means other Eldeen is together with her.

Eldeen gain immortality by transfering soul to white emelas body. Mother spirit artifact born-child gains white emelas body the moment of their birth. Its unsure if Alma is born from mother spirit artifact. Since they have immortal body, they are not affected by Lacrimosa. An Eldeen prior to soul transfer might be affected by lacrimosa.

Atlas destruction was not due to lacrimosa effect but rather the greed of darkling/dark clan
that stole Alamarion key and activate ark naphistim (which eldeen created). It is said they ascend to heaven after Atlas continent was destroyed.

Only Reah, Feena and Eldeel decided to stay.

Since ys 1 and 2, there are theories that the Eldeen actually went to second moon. The game never stated why there are 2 moon to begin with. Its not far fetch for Eldeen to make civilization on the moon. They have really advance tech and immortality. Which might explain Alma descend to earth during ark naphistim ending.

User Info: ZeroX91

ZeroX91
11 months ago#3
Honestly I think the Rehda are the Eldeen the Alma just went a little overboard with her new body compared to Edeel, Reah and Feena. The Rehda are the natural state of them bodywise.
Put your grasses on...

User Info: X-ikan

X-ikan
11 months ago#4
The Eldeen naturally, just like human do not have wings. The wings comes from the bodies they created from white Emelas. Henceforth they are called the wing ones.

Alma did live together with the Redhans and human during her time. Therefore the Redhan cannot be an Eldeen. They worship her during that time because of her white emelas ability.

They tried to replicate white/black emelas but could not achieve it. What they end up is Ash emelas which later modified to create Galbalan. They can only create basic emelas. Because of that, the darklings decided to steal the black key of Alamarion instead.

User Info: Tatsurugi

Tatsurugi
11 months ago#5
Well, another thing to consider is: The Lacrimosa targets the dominant species at the time. I don't think the Eldeen lasted "long enough" to really be considered dominant enough. Humans also existed sometime later or somewhere along the time so it was really iffy. They also destroyed themselves as hinted through the various games with their own creations. Humans lasted a long enough time and didn't have any other species with nearly the same population amount and power so they eventually became the dominant ones.
Between love and bread, choose bread. For without it, you will die.

User Info: Taichi556

Taichi556
11 months ago#6
Actually upon pondering more myself I realized that this game didn't have to link to the previous games in any capacity at all. Due to the nature of the ending, as far as we know the Eldeen may not have existed at all until the world was recreated.

All the journals found of Adol's adventures exist from the new world created at the end of Ys 8. We honestly can only make assumptions about the adventures the Adol of the old world may have had. The only thing we can really say for sure is he did have his Ys 5 adventure in some capacity.
Currently Playing: Tales of Xillia 2, Mind=0, Fate/Extra, Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment, Shin Megami Tensei IV
King of Voices: Tomokazu Sugita

User Info: Shui Gor

Shui Gor
11 months ago#7
ShiroKusanagi posted...
They were the victims of a Lacrimosa.

no, they weren't, especially when the prior games explicitly said their civilization was destroyed by overambitious humans wanting more power from what the eldeen taught them (emelas crafting). furthermore, Ys VI made it clear these same humans stole the master key almarion from the ark of napishtim to gain eldeen knowledge without their approval. unfortunately, they triggered the ark to go haywire, skyrocketing the sea level so high it sunk the eldeen's home continent of atlas. with their home destroyed, the surviving eldeen "ascended to heaven", while only a handful stayed behind (reah, feena and eldeel)
"I just wanted to let you see the world as I see it: giggling in a corner and bleeding." - Emperor Joker

User Info: GenocideHeart

GenocideHeart
11 months ago#8
I should also probably note that the Eldeen, all things said, were tremendously powerful. If ANY species could flat out stop a Lacrimosa, it'd be them - White Emelas could flat out perform miracles, on a scale even the Great Tree can only dream of (and in fact, misuse of it caused a far worse disaster than what any Lacrimosa could possibly do). So no, I don't think a Lacrimosa would even have worked on them. They created a device that could flat out completely destroy the world rather than merely reset it... that's pretty damn badass. And at least three of them straight up became gods, to boot.

If anything, what I am curious about is how the Great Tree even survived the demonic rampage that basically reduced the world's surface to a blasted wasteland and forced Ys to be elevated in the sky in Origin. Theos de Endogram must have had his hands full just keeping his tree in one piece given how the demons were ripping to shreds everything they saw on the surface... Ys Origin does mention demons were EVERYWHERE due to the gross abuse of black magic, and not a part of the land was spared. Hell, the human race itself barely survived that mess, if memory serves, and some parts of the world are STILL recovering from it.
**MAIN ID: VR-Jaguarandi (PS4/3/Vita) - SECONDARY ID: GenocideHeart (PS4/3)**
"You forgot to buy Warp Wire, didn't you?" --Nevius

User Info: SlaveBlade

SlaveBlade
11 months ago#9
GenocideHeart posted...
I should also probably note that the Eldeen, all things said, were tremendously powerful. If ANY species could flat out stop a Lacrimosa, it'd be them - White Emelas could flat out perform miracles, on a scale even the Great Tree can only dream of (and in fact, misuse of it caused a far worse disaster than what any Lacrimosa could possibly do). So no, I don't think a Lacrimosa would even have worked on them. They created a device that could flat out completely destroy the world rather than merely reset it... that's pretty damn badass. And at least three of them straight up became gods, to boot.

If anything, what I am curious about is how the Great Tree even survived the demonic rampage that basically reduced the world's surface to a blasted wasteland and forced Ys to be elevated in the sky in Origin. Theos de Endogram must have had his hands full just keeping his tree in one piece given how the demons were ripping to shreds everything they saw on the surface... Ys Origin does mention demons were EVERYWHERE due to the gross abuse of black magic, and not a part of the land was spared. Hell, the human race itself barely survived that mess, if memory serves, and some parts of the world are STILL recovering from it.

Those dino- sorry, "Varient/Ancient/Dragon Species" were really f***ing strong, not to mention easily replaced.
Adol Christin roughly translates to Stable Christ. I'm just saying, guys...

User Info: helldew

helldew
11 months ago#10
(open series wide spoilers here)

Actually upon pondering more myself I realized that this game didn't have to link to the previous games in any capacity at all. Due to the nature of the ending, as far as we know the Eldeen may not have existed at all until the world was recreated.

Dogi was in the first world tho and unless adol happened to run into dogi in entirely different events as well as go through various crazy adventures (considering his adventures up to that point were pretty much all something to do with the eldeen society in some form. ys1/2 being feena/reah/Dark 3 being gabalan a product of ash emlas IIRC and celcelta is directly referenced i think its safe to say that eldeen could brutally out tech the lamcrimosia and not really give a damn about its effects. hell they could already control the weather with the ark had stupidly powerful magic and moronically strong artifacts.

and yeah the demons likely couldnt touch the island to easily anyways. they couldnt even take out the roda tree the great tree is far more powerful then the talking tree lets be real.

also we dont really know that much about the demons on the surface. was it only estaria during the events of ys rising? or were they all over entire world/just big pieces of the world. i seriously doubt the tree of beginnings gave a damn especially when random demons are likely to get slapped pretty hard by that things crazy dinosaur army. like they did say in a story someone tried harming the tree and like was auto killed by it lol.

the other thing that i was wondering about the ending is wtf is maia. she seams to be an actual god that isnt from eldeen soceity at all. and that really makes me more curious about the other gods and if they will have a game revolving around them. we know with the water one that he more or less stole the altagos water dragon`s believers to.
Competitive smash Player , random gaming news, + game dev stuff. Follow me on twitter @helldew93 #shamelessselfpromotion
  1. Boards
  2. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA
  3. New theory on Eldeen extinction: The Eldeen Lacrimosa (WARNING: SPOILERS!)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived