You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
bodyjam_3 5 months ago#1
Excited to resume this game again, coming from 4
Kouriozan 5 months ago#2
Kinda same, but I already played 4 on Vita/PS3 before.
Actually I played and defeated Rakshasa Baal in Disgaea 6, gameplay is fine but content is SUPER lacking, so I replayed 4 with Complete+ until Baal and then I’m replaying 5 Complete after getting the Platinum, I’ve been enjoying this a lot.
Just to switch things up, I’ve played the Complete versions on Switch, and will do the same with 1 Complete when I’ll be done with this.
bodyjam_3 5 months ago#3
Kouriozan posted...
Kinda same, but I already played 4 on Vita/PS3 before.
Actually I played and defeated Rakshasa Baal in Disgaea 6, gameplay is fine but content is SUPER lacking, so I replayed 4 with Complete+ until Baal and then I’m replaying 5 Complete after getting the Platinum, I’ve been enjoying this a lot.
Just to switch things up, I’ve played the Complete versions on Switch, and will do the same with 1 Complete when I’ll be done with this.
Really enjoyed 4 complete
Drac_Mazoku 5 months ago#4
Hey, I just did the same too, went from 6, then 1 Complete, then 4 Complete+ and finally went back to 5 Complete (all on Switch too). I've been on such a Disgaea rabbit hole lately. Now I want Complete Edition of 2, 3 and D2 so I can continue my marathon. At the very least, we're getting Phantom Brave & Soul Nomad at the end of the month. But they're basic port :(. Imagine playing Phantom Brave, but with an HD make-over like I've just seen in 4:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/0/9/6/AAA9jKAACO2I.jpg
My Switch collection and progress (Google Sheet): https://t.co/iWzZb4gRSp?amp=1
Switch general talk on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Drac_Mazoku
bodyjam_3 5 months ago#5
Yes please give me 3 complete next to one is my favorite
NeoRyujinZ 2 months ago#6
bodyjam_3 posted...
Yes please give me 3 complete next to one is my favorite
D3 is my 2nd favorite after D5
Makai Kingdom coming to Switch and PC soon. Why hasn't NIS considered making a sequel to this badass SRPG?
(edited 2 months ago)
bodyjam_3 2 months ago#7
NeoRyujinZ posted...
D3 is my 2nd favorite after D5
D2 my least favorite
NeoRyujinZ 2 months ago#8
D2 is one of my least favorite Disgaeas, mostly since it aged poorly like D1 due to its outdated gameplay.

It did start the trend for how the Item World would work in later games, and it introduced the blue monster weapons.
Makai Kingdom coming to Switch and PC soon. Why hasn't NIS considered making a sequel to this badass SRPG?
RossalThor 1 month ago#9
D2 is the worst. I'd rather max HP on 5 characters in D6 than max 1 single character in D2. Even to this day I vividly remember realizing what it takes to max level an item in D2, and I immediately turned the game off and went back to playing D1.

GameFAQs Q&A