• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive 5: Last Round
  3. How Does The DOA5LR Season Pass Compare To Other Season Passes Of Other Games

User Info: MaChaoJustice

MaChaoJustice
4 years ago#1
Link: http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/dlc.html

It basically consists of costume packs being bought in bulk with the excwption of a single exclusive costume. Keep in mind that 9 other packs are also excluded from this bundle, and the previously-released outfits are not included here either.

Meanwhile, a majority of other season passes (including Electronic Arts & Ubisoft ones) cost about half of what this one retails for, but they include new maps, game modes, and alternate storylines along with the new costumes and weapon skins.

In the end, the Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round season pass would've justified it's price if it included all past, current, and future DLC releases of costumes and extra characters/stages.

Side Note: This controversial practice from Team Ninja is too obscure for the gaming community to take notice as a whole and dwindles to the point where not even Angry Joe bothers to even react to it.

Feel Free To Voice Your Opinions!

What Justice Is That?
I Fight In The Name Of Justice
Oh Enemy Of Justice

User Info: Lylat_Cruiser

Lylat_Cruiser
4 years ago#2
It's more risky I would say. For an online first person shooter they usually are maps and weapons (stuff that can mix up gameplay). DOA5LR's Season Pass (which consists of mostly costumes) is more risky because you don't know what they will look like until they come out and they don't add anything to the gameplay other than aesthetics.
"I'm respecting your privacy by knocking but asserting my authority by coming in anyway!"
#NowThat'sStrategy!

User Info: DOAbayman

DOAbayman
4 years ago#3
It's for the compulsive buyers who absolutely have to have everything normal people shouldn't bother with it.

User Info: MaChaoJustice

MaChaoJustice
4 years ago#4
Lylat_Cruiser posted...
DOA5LR's Season Pass (which consists of mostly costumes) is more risky because you don't know what they will look like until they come out and they don't add anything to the gameplay other than aesthetics.

The fact that it costs more than twice the price of the actual game makes it harder to justify as a purchase.

DOAbayman posted...
It's for the compulsive buyers who absolutely have to have everything normal people shouldn't bother with it.

Most online players are in it for the gameplay alone, but these costumes do at least add more replay value to the single player experience.

Justice!
I Fight In The Name Of Justice
Oh Enemy Of Justice

User Info: 1111qq

1111qq
4 years ago#5
this season pass is a cheaper deal for those who want ALL costumes & i repeat ALL costumes
for all the rest that season pass is pointless & expensive

if it included EVERY DLC up until now + all the pre-order + all DLC coming until june then obviously it would be worth it for all

if it cost half of what it does & give either all old DLC or the packs it gives now, more people would have bought it

again the only people that buy it now are people looking to save money since they WANT all the DLC the game has to offer
Proud Designer of the Christie Red Devil DOA5U 2014 Halloween Costume

User Info: MrMikeMa

MrMikeMa
4 years ago#6
I think it's insane.

User Info: xOmniCloudx

xOmniCloudx
4 years ago#7
MrMikeMa posted...
I think it's insane.

Because it is.
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive 5: Last Round
  3. How Does The DOA5LR Season Pass Compare To Other Season Passes Of Other Games
  • Topic Archived