• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. My first game of this style...

User Info: Thirty3_1Third

Thirty3_1Third
1 month ago#1
I've played quite a few Final Fantasy titles, and a handful of other random turn-based rpg's - but this is my first time playing Persona and jumping into something like this. I got the most vanilla version, I'm looking to platinum because it came highly recommended from a couple friends.

My question is - I'm using the trophy guide spreadsheet and I plan to finish up the main story of course - but for the platinum, are the twins and filling out the compendium really that tough? any advice?
PSN: Thirty3_1Third | Now: LEGO City Undercover | Next: Rise of the Tomb Raider

User Info: Khalfan

Khalfan
1 month ago#2
Filling out the compendium is a matter of time and in-game money more than anything else imo.

But the twins are a genuinely tough fight, yes. There are a lot of guides out there for different ways to approach the fight, and you can pick your own approach to it and so on, but if you want it to be as easy as possible - there's a very cheesy build for the Persona Yos***sune that is immune to or reflects almost every type of damage while also having colossal damage output. Find a guide for fusing that build, and make that Persona the core of your battle strategy.

But depending somewhat on luck and other factors - even like that, it's very much possible to still lose.

As a side-note, every guide I saw for the fight back when I was doing it the first time said there was a maximum number of turns before the twins would end the fight. I saw at least five different numbers given for what that number of turns actually was, and all of them were wrong. I'm not even entirely sure if there is a "maximum number of turns" or where that idea came from to be quite honest...

User Info: Thirty3_1Third

Thirty3_1Third
1 month ago#3
Thanks for the input! Sounds like I should go for it and just do what I can to level up in NG+ asap and work on the build.
PSN: Thirty3_1Third | Now: LEGO City Undercover | Next: Rise of the Tomb Raider

User Info: GerinTheFox

GerinTheFox
1 month ago#4
The number of turns thing is real... You have to inflict a certain amount of damage each stage within a set number of turns/rounds or they All Out Attack you. Check on here and Royal for specifics.
May all of the great RPGs get sequels still awaiting Vagrant Story II
PSN GerinKitsune

User Info: Khalfan

Khalfan
1 month ago#5
GerinTheFox posted...
The number of turns thing is real... You have to inflict a certain amount of damage each stage within a set number of turns/rounds or they All Out Attack you. Check on here and Royal for specifics.

I'm aware of the "inflict a certain amount of damage" thing, I'm talking about the "limited number of turns for the entire fight" thing. Like I've seen people variously say they will AAA you no matter what at 50 turns, 60, and 66, and I had a match with them that lasted 74, so those are clearly all wrong.

User Info: Chimeramanexe

Chimeramanexe
1 month ago#6
I personally just fought them late in a New Game+ run, with the entire party, instead of trying to fight them solo at low levels. It felt more like how the fight "should" be played, and I enjoyed it just fine. I knew it advance that I'd want to play through the game completely multiple times, though. For people that are turned off by multiple runs, I understand how they'd want to try and minimize time investment.

For filling out the compendium, it's just all about money as long as you do the following things:
*Recruit at least one demon/persona of each arcana.
*Get every Treasure Demon (as those can't be created with fusion, but are also key to easily-understood fusions to fill out your list).
*Max every Confidant.
*Get the real/good/true ending and get to the point in NG+ where you can make huge multi-persona fusions.

To get money, you may wish to look up the Mementos Money Trick. Some people say that it trivializes part of the game, but others say it's great for being able to skip through cash gates and get things rolling.
FC: 1263-6375-4172
IGN: Nate (in most games)

User Info: GerinTheFox

GerinTheFox
1 month ago#7
@Khalfan Guess those people missed the damage requirement then...Lol
May all of the great RPGs get sequels still awaiting Vagrant Story II
PSN GerinKitsune

User Info: tokko1234

tokko1234
1 month ago#8
Yea one way to make good money if you don't wanna do the mementos confusion gimmick takes longer but you can farm floors where you one shot shadows so you don't even have to fight then all you do is go around the whole floor collecting everything and if you have the Perma pick to lock pick everything then sell all that stuff to the weapon shop. I recommend the confusion trick as it's faster but if you don't wanna use something like that your next best is to just grind it in mementos. Could be wrong as I haven't played vanilla in awhile but I think fortune social link has a prayer to make money go up from battles and the like too to help.
Also to help with the twins look up the reaper flu mechanic to get a high level easily in NG+ to fuse all personas you're missing as well as kill the twins a tad easier
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Chimeramanexe

Chimeramanexe
1 month ago#9
tokko1234 posted...
Yea one way to make good money if you don't wanna do the mementos confusion gimmick takes longer but you can farm floors where you one shot shadows so you don't even have to fight then all you do is go around the whole floor collecting everything and if you have the Perma pick to lock pick everything then sell all that stuff to the weapon shop.

That's more of a Royal trick. In original P5, Insta-Kill only gives you personas, not money/XP/items. And since you can't pump up the item rates with Jose, you won't exactly be swimming in vendor trash. In original P5, the confusion trick is absolutely the way to go with money-making, especially since the confusion lasts longer.
FC: 1263-6375-4172
IGN: Nate (in most games)
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. My first game of this style...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A