• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Can we go back to Persona 2 style/gameplay/pacing

User Info: ryudo500

ryudo500
1 month ago#1
I loved and had tons of fun with the simming and everything.

but lets get back or one game of that dark gritty mooddy mature storyline and do away with he simming. would love ot see that on ps5.

p2 EP had one o the best atmospheres in an jrpg.
squaresoft NEVER FORGET
LAKERS & SPURS

User Info: boyaboy123

boyaboy123
1 month ago#2
Idk man,modern persona when they tried to be dark and serious ended up being meh, this is why imo persona 4 was the best out of 3-5, it didn't take itself too seriously and put more emphasis on the comedy aspect I had a s*** ton of blast especially when it's a scene involving Kanji,Yusuke andTeddie

ryudo500
1 month ago#3
have you played any p2s?

persona 4 was the WORSE out of 3-5 LOL
squaresoft NEVER FORGET
LAKERS & SPURS

User Info: Heartfang

Heartfang
1 month ago#4
The sim aspect is never going away now.

The internet was a mistake

User Info: GerinTheFox

GerinTheFox
1 month ago#5
Sad but true.... And although 4 got me into the Persona side of SMT I prefer ALL of the others over it....
May all of the great RPGs get sequels still awaiting Vagrant Story II
GerinKitsune
(message deleted)

ryudo500
1 month ago#7
persona 2 had murders and a group of elementary school students in a fire you had to rescure

@__Saint_Boot__ nothing in p5 was as 'dark" as in p3 or nowehere neart as close as p2.

p3 wasnt even dark but tried to get a grim mood over which did tings right
squaresoft NEVER FORGET
LAKERS & SPURS

User Info: Khalfan

Khalfan
1 month ago#8
I mean P5 opens with police brutality, then jumps to the least subtle reference to the Tokyo sarin gas attack ever written, and moves on from there to deal with themes like sexual assault, suicide, parental abuse, and complacency in the face of fascism. That's plenty dark.

Not to say there isn't plenty of flaws in how the game approached some of those themes, but if you want things to be dark there is absolutely plenty there for you, and it's not like those supposedly darker previous games weren't also flawed.

User Info: bladedvixen

bladedvixen
1 month ago#9
just play smt lol

User Info: Heartfang

Heartfang
1 month ago#10
bladedvixen posted...
just play smt lol

Yeah, not sure why that wasn't said yet. Not that Persona 5 wasn't a dark game at times, but is sounds like he doesn't like the more hopeful themes in modern persona to begin with.
The internet was a mistake
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Can we go back to Persona 2 style/gameplay/pacing
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A