• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Never played a Persona Game. Quick question(s)

User Info: memphis12

memphis12
2 months ago#1
Hey guys. I’ve just finished Ghost Of Tshushima after getting platinum. I’m a sucker for RPGs, JRPGs, and love true turn based games. I was itching for a good RPG after playing GOS.

Im playing on PS5. But, I’m using the ps plus hits collection version.
My questions are;
  1. Are there any kind of upgrade to visuals etc on this version? As I’ve read only “ultimate edition” has the PS5 upgrade
  2. I love a challenge. Is there a good “highest difficultly” from the start or, again does this only come with the upgraded version?
Thank you. ☺
Scubas Gaming Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO72ZpgjW_revuiqhoF-FIQ

User Info: DylanYoshi

DylanYoshi
2 months ago#2
I assume you're on Persona 5, rather than Persona 5 Royal, judging by your question about the "upgraded version".

Answer to Question 2:
In both P5 and P5R, the two hardest difficulties are Hard and Merciless, but in the original version Merciless is free DLC rather than coming packed in. With that said, Hard is actually harder than Merciless in a lot of situations. Merciless massively increases weakness and critical damage for both enemies and you, so it means that while some parts of the game become harder, other parts become easier thanks to the higher damage you can deal. Overall I'd probably recommend playing on Hard over Merciless for this reason.

With that said, you can switch your difficulty setting at any time, so it's not a huge deal if you don't pick the one you'd prefer at the beginning.

User Info: memphis12

memphis12
2 months ago#3
DylanYoshi posted...
I assume you're on Persona 5, rather than Persona 5 Royal, judging by your question about the "upgraded version".

Answer to Question 2:
In both P5 and P5R, the two hardest difficulties are Hard and Merciless, but in the original version Merciless is free DLC rather than coming packed in. With that said, Hard is actually harder than Merciless in a lot of situations. Merciless massively increases weakness and critical damage for both enemies and you, so it means that while some parts of the game become harder, other parts become easier thanks to the higher damage you can deal. Overall I'd probably recommend playing on Hard over Merciless for this reason.

With that said, you can switch your difficulty setting at any time, so it's not a huge deal if you don't pick the one you'd prefer at the beginning.

Thanks. Yeah I’m on the original game. It said on my tv it’s 60fps 👀
Scubas Gaming Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO72ZpgjW_revuiqhoF-FIQ

User Info: dantrr

dantrr
1 month ago#4
memphis12 posted...
Hey guys. I’ve just finished Ghost Of Tshushima after getting platinum. I’m a sucker for RPGs, JRPGs, and love true turn based games. I was itching for a good RPG after playing GOS.

Im playing on PS5. But, I’m using the ps plus hits collection version.
My questions are;
1. Are there any kind of upgrade to visuals etc on this version? As I’ve read only “ultimate edition” has the PS5 upgrade
2. I love a challenge. Is there a good “highest difficultly” from the start or, again does this only come with the upgraded version?
Thank you. ☺
My understanding is that there isn't a PS5 version, PS+ collection is the PS4 copy. There are no visual upgrades, as this game didn't add anything for PS4 Pro, however P5R has an additional chapter and character, as well as some fusions IIRC.
Proud member of Vita island.
PSN/Steam/XBOX: dantrr / Switch FC: SW-6260-5547-8320 / dantrr#0830 on Discord
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Never played a Persona Game. Quick question(s)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A