• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. What do you actually like about this game?

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 month ago#41
Khalfan posted...
Oh for sure. There's so many songs we missed out on from Royal and Scramble. Hell, between that and additional characters like Sumi, Sofia, and Ichinose, there's enough possible material there for a P5D2. Could even have some focus on Lavenza this time around. Hard to imagine it actually happening, but I can dream.

We can dream.

I heard P5D didn't sell too well, so I don't think it's likely, which sucks. P5 music is banger and I hate missing out on that.

User Info: Cogito

Cogito
1 month ago#42
Khalfan posted...
Then there's more basic complications like needing to ensure those models have new poses and attack animations that don't clip horribly, for example. I know they slacked off a bit on worrying about clipping in the dancing games in general - for example in P3D if Mitsuru is wearing her P4U outfit, her hair clips through her coat with basically every movement - but they couldn't afford to be that slack about it with a mainline game where outfit changes are canonically occurring and are a pretty big deal.

If they cannot easily integrate p5d models into p5r, assuming p3d models can integrate into p3fes is an even bigger pipedream.

meteora88 posted...
heard P5D didn't sell too well, so I don't think it's likely, which sucks. P5 music is banger and I hate missing out on that

Atlus can sell the songs on a persona anniversary album. Some p4d songs are on 20th anniversary album.
Hito wa mikake ni yoranu mono
http://imgur.com/cFMo9gI

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 month ago#43
Cogito posted...
If they cannot easily integrate p5d models into p5r, assuming p3d models can integrate into p3fes is an even bigger pipedream.

Atlus can sell the songs on a persona anniversary album. Some p4d songs are on 20th anniversary album.

Those p4d songs were the ones already in the game? Or they remixed new ones for the 20th anniversary?

I'd be fine with no P5D new song DLC so long as there is some form of remix for the royal and strikers music down the line.

User Info: Khalfan

Khalfan
1 month ago#44
Cogito posted...

The problem isn't that it can't be done, it's that doing it while Royal was already in development would have slowed down said development significantly. But those assets now exist and refining them as part of the development of a hypothetical P3 remake that hasn't actually begun development yet is a very different story.

Not that I think you're wrong about it being a pipedream either, but it's a dream I choose to believe in, lol

meteora88 posted...
We can dream.

I heard P5D didn't sell too well, so I don't think it's likely, which sucks. P5 music is banger and I hate missing out on that.

You heard correctly. P3D and P5D are the worst-selling of the various spinoffs by a pretty huge margin. It's a shame, I genuinely think they're pretty good games. I think the problem is largely that people were expecting something very different from what they got. Unfortunately that means you're right about it not being likely. I know the Persona Dancing Team would love to do it though, they're super passionate about those games and several of them co-signed it when I was talking about this on Twitter a few months back.

User Info: YSB

YSB
2 weeks ago#45
There are several things I really like about P5.

The first is fusion. I loved being able to create my own versions of every demon in previous games. P5 took a good thing and made it even better by letting you choose the abilities your monsters inherit; no more grappling with a randomizer for half an hour to get the combination you're looking for. Royal added another layer of enjoyment with Fusion Alarms, which almost made it too easy.

I also enjoy the combat. There's more bells and whistles but it's still the same system I've come to know and love, with special abilities that have a tangible effect on the action. When you cast Rakunda on a boss, it makes a difference. When Ann gets hit with a Bufu spell or Ryuji misses an attack you were praying he would hit, it can dramatically affect the course of a battle. Fights in Persona aren't just mandatory, they're a lot of fun (except for the Okumura fight in Royal which is basically broken).

Finally, the sim aspects offer more benefits than ever before. They still aren't essential; you can spend all your free time level-grinding, making money, or building stats if you want to. There are a few too many side characters, and the fact that most of their problems are solved with a trip to Mementos makes them feel kind of shallow--but learning better Shadow negotiation from No-Good Tora and battle tactics from Hifumi are absolutely worth the investment.

Sure there are flaws; the story wears out its welcome halfway through, and only a few of the main characters really interested me. The good news is that, finally, P5 allows you to fast-forward through scenes; the bad news is that P5 needs this feature more than any other game in the series. xD

Bottom line, it's not for everyone, but overall there's a lot more good than bad here.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: GerinTheFox

GerinTheFox
2 weeks ago#46
Ha ha ha.... Probably why they included it... But seriously to Truly complete the game means Romancing each girl in a seperate playthrough and with that many to choose from you really wouldn't want to sit through all the scenes time and again....
May all of the great RPGs get sequels still awaiting Vagrant Story II
GerinKitsune

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
1 week ago#47
Story is perfect. Characters are all mostly good. Artstyle is fantastic. Music is incredible. The dungeons and combat are a blast. Sounds like you just don’t get it
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; Mii Name: Luigi
NNID: MARIOS_BRO123; Steam, PSN, and XBL: IceBlueLugia
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. What do you actually like about this game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A