• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. *Spoiler* Worst god villain in the series.

User Info: Heartfang

Heartfang
2 months ago#11
Kuuko posted...
Depends on everyone's personal criteria for ranking them I guess but I can't see how Erebus wins any criteria. He first appears in the cutscene before the battle and the battle itself is extremely easy, especially after all of the other crazy mid-bosses/bosses that The Answer throws at you. He does look kinda cool though and his music is cool if that's part of your reason for ranking.

Erebus is a physical manifestation of the despair and apathy you were fighting the entire game in The Journey. The fact that it doesn't appear as a shadow until the Answer doesn't bother me because of that.

The internet was a mistake

User Info: JLazarillo

JLazarillo
2 months ago#12
matteste posted...
And then there is of course the fact that Izanami is also ranked third on the best god villain list. She seems to be quite divisive.

Golden helps a lot with Izzie, that might have something to do with it. Some of her more unique/interesting qualities are made far more explicit in the update.
Formerly a panda, formerly a carnivore. Now just a guy without a catch phrase.
https://imgtc.com/i/uVS7l1o.jpg

User Info: KariyaLollipop

KariyaLollipop
1 month ago#13
Card carrying member of the only played P5 club. Hard to see how anyone beats Yaldabaoth but I'll take your word for it. Being Fake Igor came out of left field and had no real bearing on anything, and they were more interesting as a giant cup. With enough multi target spells you don't even have to worry about their appendages and past that they were just a big punching bag. Also they weren't even that hateable so the big slam at the end -cool as the visual was- hardly felt impactful.
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Heartfang
1 month ago#14
The fact that you only played P5 probably has a lot to do with it. Not that it comes out of left field even then.

Yaldy has more to do what he did the rest of the game than his final boss battle.

User Info: azure556

azure556
1 month ago#15
none of the final bosses came out of left field.

p5 had the voice actor problem but the devs utilized it to their advantage.
p4 had the lore, if you had any idea about the ties of izanagi/izanami, that should immediately be a red flag for something.
p3 didnt for obvious reasons.

Heartfang
1 month ago#16
Bringing up the story if Izanagi/izanami in the middle of the game is practically the only hint the game gives you. P4 could have foreshadowed it's final boss far more than it did. It's a pretty legit criticism.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. *Spoiler* Worst god villain in the series.
  • Topic Archived