• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Persona 5 can be a real drag.

User Info: RedAlert

RedAlert
1 month ago#1
I hate having to sit through the cutsceens where nothing really progresses and the characters spout out exposition to seem smart. It's especially annoying when you're forced to leave a dungeon to watch more cutsceens. Personas 1, 2, and 3 never did that, so what's Persona 5's excuse?

User Info: kollie89

kollie89
1 month ago#2
https://i.imgtc.ws/tfNVxTQ.gif
https://m.imgur.com/a/kF9tE
https://m.imgur.com/a/VmlFu

User Info: Heartfang

Heartfang
1 month ago#3
0/10

get a role model
Common sense is just wisdom with its sleeves rolled up

User Info: JesseH21

JesseH21
1 month ago#4
Also note he doesn't mention p4 .... Weird.

User Info: 031Exuberant

031Exuberant
1 month ago#5
Yeah it's really annoying. Most of the time they're just standing around repeating things they've already covered earlier. Wasn't that big a deal in my first playthrough but ever since then I've been dreading each of these annoying stand around and talk moments. Really wish there was a way to skip them entirely, but I guess that would make too much sense.
I'm not waiting centuries for people to get woke!

User Info: JesseH21

JesseH21
1 month ago#6
031Exuberant posted...
Yeah it's really annoying. Most of the time they're just standing around repeating things they've already covered earlier. Wasn't that big a deal in my first playthrough but ever since then I've been dreading each of these annoying stand around and talk moments. Really wish there was a way to skip them entirely, but I guess that would make too much sense.

You can fast forward though.... Skips them pretty quickly.

User Info: super_taco_ftw

super_taco_ftw
1 month ago#7
JesseH21 posted...
031Exuberant posted...

You can fast forward though.... Skips them pretty quickly.

Not really a good counterpoint. Being able to skip through dull dialogue doesn't negate the fact the games full of dull dialogue. And you can't just skip through poor pacing. Morgana's Tantrum arc is awful no matter how fast you skip text.
"It is a mistake to believe you can solve all of life's problems with just potatoes." - Douglas Adams

User Info: McMorty

McMorty
1 month ago#8
JesseH21 posted...
Also note he doesn't mention p4 .... Weird.

Tbh I found P4 worse in this regard.

User Info: deathtouch1809

deathtouch1809
1 month ago#9
I love the banter, fleshes out the characters, their personalities, relationships and makes the world more grounded. On a second playthrough you can just FF, and it's actually extremely fast.

User Info: DreamingCakeCat

DreamingCakeCat
1 month ago#10
hoo boy, you just opened a new can of worms for a lot of people lmao
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Persona 5 can be a real drag.
  • Topic Archived