You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. NEVER Played Persona 5 (or any)

User Info: JessaHeart

JessaHeart
3 weeks ago#1
So I pick up a copy, cause, why not. Then I read they’re having an R edition. Should I just wait to play that. Or dive on in now?

User Info: JLazarillo

JLazarillo
3 weeks ago#2
Eh, kinda depends. The regular game is pretty cheap now since the enhanced edition is coming out. But it's a long game. If you to consume and move on, so to speak, you're probably better off waiting for Royal, since it'll like be the "definitive" version of the game. If you like to really immerse yourself into the games you play, and/or you want a cheap way to "preview" what the Royal version will improve upon then I say give it a go.
Formerly a panda, formerly a carnivore. Now just a guy without a catch phrase.
https://imgtc.com/i/uVS7l1o.jpg

User Info: kriswolfe

kriswolfe
3 weeks ago#3
well I mean, you already have it, why not check it out? That way you'll have some idea of whether or not you'd even WANT the fancy edition. I mean, it took me almost a year to play it (I'm very busy) and I had no idea there would be another edition and I'm glad I played it even though I also plan to buy that and play it again.
ka [gamer girls unite!]
"Zombies! How dare you kill my butler!" -- nate, persona 1

User Info: Heartfang

Heartfang
3 weeks ago#4
It'll be almost a year before the enhanced edition comes out.

If you tear through games it's probably fine to play this version.
Common sense is just wisdom with its sleeves rolled up

User Info: DylanYoshi

DylanYoshi
3 weeks ago#5
Just go ahead and play this version, the only Persona remake that's considered unanimously better than its original version is Persona 3 FES anyways.

User Info: super_taco_ftw

super_taco_ftw
3 weeks ago#6
If you've already got the game, might as well go for it. Maybe hold off on NG+ unless you really like trophies though, or you'll probably be burnt out.
"It is a mistake to believe you can solve all of life's problems with just potatoes." - Douglas Adams

User Info: Chimeramanexe

Chimeramanexe
3 weeks ago#7
They may change the story (including what order you get the characters) and other details for the Royal edition, based on previews. This would give you a chance to see the "default" story before they added in extra characters and plot points.
FC: 1263-6375-4172
IGN: Nate (in most games)

User Info: 17chris

17chris
3 weeks ago#8
I say go ahead and play the standard edition now.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: sexyemoboy32

sexyemoboy32
3 weeks ago#9
No. Just wait it out. The amount of extra content is worth the wait based on pass rerelease(fes,Golden).
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. NEVER Played Persona 5 (or any)