• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Persona 5 Royal Straight Flush Edition

User Info: super_taco_ftw

super_taco_ftw
1 month ago#41
HA0U posted...
You mean EA charge you normal price for their games and god tier milked you with their <1% lootboxes and you remain fully satisfied. that's a pot calling kettle black analogy you have there.
I don't see any response on jp law or another link from you so you are just dismissing him offhandedly.

First off, that's not what the "pot/kettle" expression means, in this example I'd have to be like, EA, or otherwise pulling hugely anti-consumer policies? Second of all, you missed my point entirely. I was using EA as an example because everyone hates them and criticises them for their anti-consumer bulls***, whilst simultaneously giving Atlus a pass for their anti-consumer bulls***, and that if EA tried to pull what Atlus is pulling, they'd be f***ing crucified. It was about how the lines that determine what's "acceptable" differ based on peoples views on the companies doing them, and people let Atlus get away with awful practises because they love the games they produce enough to look by it.

And regarding Japans laws, I replied to a post that explained that thing saying that if they can't just give players the DLC they already payed for for free, then it should simply be included in the base game like almost every other expanded rerelease in existence rather than passing the buck on to the consumer.Kokiden posted...

Reality says otherwise.

FFXV exists.

Majority of the fanbase hated the DLC approach. They complained to high heaven and even made a petition. SE received massive backlash for it, yet the game’s problems still persists to this day.

As far as the company is concerned, FFXV was a huge success and how it was handled will probably serve as a canvas on how to approach DLC in the future.

This is the best example I have of a company not giving a crap about gamers opinions.

Companies being out of touch with its fanbase is shamefully prevalent these days. Complaining doesn’t help sadly. They still make their money and that’s all that matters.

Complaints regarding DLC go ignored, but ones pertaining to SJW issues are heeded interestingly enough.

And thats one example. There are other examples (most recently with the lootbox fiascos) of companies backing down under intense backlash. Had people boycott the FFXV DLC like they did Battlefront 2's loot boxes, we might've seen a different outcome.

Companies only care about your money. If you deny them that, they'll start listening quick. And besides whether or not you can effectively change a companies practises or not, it's still scummy as hell. The more we try to pretend it's not, the more companies will push it. Even if this DLC decision won't be reversed, it's worth making your voice heard if only to show Atlus there is a line they can't cross, same with any company.
"It is a mistake to believe you can solve all of life's problems with just potatoes." - Douglas Adams

User Info: Kokiden

Kokiden
1 month ago#42
The art book and soundtrack are the only noteworthy selling points for this edition.

Still on the fence. Most likely I’ll just go for standard down the line.

User Info: Dirrdevil

Dirrdevil
1 month ago#43
meteora88 posted...
I'd love to get all the costume DLC but they're so goddamn expensive.

It would seriously suck if people would need to repurchase costumes. It Atlus wanted to win fans over, let the DLC carry over.

Has anything like that ever been done in a game before? Just so I know if it's possible or not. Carry over DLC across editions I mean.

--

I'm most excited about the soundtrack more than anything. I want a definitive P5 soundtrack that has all the tracks for the original and P5R game, so I'm wondering if this will be worth it or not.

Yeah, especially since it's the exact same costume and music content. Anything new can be sold, but anything current should be sold again to customers with said content.
Nerds are the worst. - a lifelong nerd

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 month ago#44
Dirrdevil posted...
meteora88 posted...
I'd love to get all the costume DLC but they're so goddamn expensive.

It would seriously suck if people would need to repurchase costumes. It Atlus wanted to win fans over, let the DLC carry over.

Has anything like that ever been done in a game before? Just so I know if it's possible or not. Carry over DLC across editions I mean.

--

I'm most excited about the soundtrack more than anything. I want a definitive P5 soundtrack that has all the tracks for the original and P5R game, so I'm wondering if this will be worth it or not.

Yeah, especially since it's the exact same costume and music content. Anything new can be sold, but anything current should be sold again to customers with said content.

I don't know about the DLC, since I never bought any of the costumes, but as for the music, it's going to be new music.

Persona 5 The Royal Soundtrack
A soundtrack with 1 CD and booklet, featuring the complete collection of the newly produced songs for P5R.

Still... what if they release the complete soundtrack later on? So both the original P5 OST, and the Royal one?

Not completely sold on this. Lack of steelbook doesn't help either.

User Info: HA0U

HA0U
1 month ago#45
Since you are fully satisfied being milked by EA, you are a pot calling kettle black. Don't you know what the expression means? secondly, you are complaining over what? 10cents redownload? you mean EA sold you dlc for 10cents if you download it previously or in a previous game? lolno. you paid for <1% lootboxes over and over and over in full price and you still dance in joy. for years. oh right, this scummy practice you gave EA a complete pass and you'll crucify them to give you a 10cent redownload or reroll? lmao. more like burnt pot calling kettle black. and both pot and kettle are you yourself.

That is you demanding for things to suit you and your example shows why no one listens to you. Money. The literal reverse can also be true: they can charge you for full price again or only sell you new dlc so their parent company will be satisfied. atlus chose to give you a compromise and you choose to whine. the Japanese players will just pay the small cost and continue on, leaving you behind.
EA don't give a cent of your opinion. SE don't give a yen of your opinion. so why should an even smaller company give a yuan to your opinion to give everything free, you say? you nail the exact point, your opinion isn't worth a penny. the DLC decision won't be reversed because atlus need to find ways to please their parent company, offset costs for download while compromising with the fans but you don't get it.

super_taco_ftw posted...
HA0U posted...
You mean EA charge you normal price for their games and god tier milked you with their <1% lootboxes and you remain fully satisfied. that's a pot calling kettle black analogy you have there.
I don't see any response on jp law or another link from you so you are just dismissing him offhandedly.

First off, that's not what the "pot/kettle" expression means, in this example I'd have to be like, EA, or otherwise pulling hugely anti-consumer policies? Second of all, you missed my point entirely. I was using EA as an example because everyone hates them and criticises them for their anti-consumer bulls***, whilst simultaneously giving Atlus a pass for their anti-consumer bulls***, and that if EA tried to pull what Atlus is pulling, they'd be f***ing crucified. It was about how the lines that determine what's "acceptable" differ based on peoples views on the companies doing them, and people let Atlus get away with awful practises because they love the games they produce enough to look by it.

And regarding Japans laws, I replied to a post that explained that thing saying that if they can't just give players the DLC they already payed for for free, then it should simply be included in the base game like almost every other expanded rerelease in existence rather than passing the buck on to the consumer

And thats one example. There are other examples (most recently with the lootbox fiascos) of companies backing down under intense backlash. Had people boycott the FFXV DLC like they did Battlefront 2's loot boxes, we might've seen a different outcome.

Companies only care about your money. If you deny them that, they'll start listening quick. And besides whether or not you can effectively change a companies practises or not, it's still scummy as hell. The more we try to pretend it's not, the more companies will push it. Even if this DLC decision won't be reversed, it's worth making your voice heard if only to show Atlus there is a line they can't cross, same with any company.
Gott ist tot

User Info: super_taco_ftw

super_taco_ftw
1 month ago#46
Dude, I never said I support EA. Why do you think I support EA? I f***ing despise EA.
"It is a mistake to believe you can solve all of life's problems with just potatoes." - Douglas Adams
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Persona 5 Royal Straight Flush Edition
  • Topic Archived