• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Persona 5 Royal Straight Flush Edition

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 month ago#1
https://personacentral.com/persona-5-royal-straight-flush-limited-edition/

Releasing with the standard version of the game on October 31, the “Straight Flush” edition of Persona 5 Royal—costing 13,800 yen (excluding tax)—will consist of the following:

Illustrated Luxury Special BOX
A box featuring a luxurious design by the Persona team, featuring characters illustrated by Shigenori Soejima.

Persona 5 The Royal Setting Reference Materials Collection
A B5 format, hardcover art book with 48 pages. It will feature a large number of illustrations drawn for P5R, including concept art, unreleased illustrations, and more.

Persona 5 The Royal Soundtrack
A soundtrack with 1 CD and booklet, featuring the complete collection of the newly produced songs for P5R.
T-Shirt Designed by P-Studio
A size L premium piece with a gorgeous foil print, using a Persona team design created based on the world view of P5.

Phantom Thieves Costume DLC Set
Velvet Room Costume & BGM Special Set
P5D Featherman Costume & BGM Special Set
Like the DLC costumes for Persona 5, a collection of themed costumes for the playable characters with a special battle theme.

All of the downloadable content will be sold separately at a later date.
Persona 5 Royal will be released on The PS4 in Japan on October 31, 2019. It will be released in the West and Asia in 2020.

User Info: Kokiden

Kokiden
1 month ago#2

Wait... does that mean people will need to repurchase the costume DLC they’ve already purchased for the original game or not?

I wish we had more clarity for that.

User Info: super_taco_ftw

super_taco_ftw
1 month ago#3
Kokiden posted...

Wait... does that mean people will need to repurchase the costume DLC they’ve already purchased for the original game or not?

I wish we had more clarity for that.

I think it's specifically referring to the DLC included in the special edition (aka that it's not gonna be exclusive). Gotta say though, the fact they're locking off more costumes for DLC isn't a good sign for what should be the definitive version of the game. If we don't have to buy all the original's DLC costumes, we'll definitely have even more outfits for Atlus to overprice.
"It is a mistake to believe you can solve all of life's problems with just potatoes." - Douglas Adams

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 month ago#4
I'd love to get all the costume DLC but they're so goddamn expensive.

It would seriously suck if people would need to repurchase costumes. It Atlus wanted to win fans over, let the DLC carry over.

Has anything like that ever been done in a game before? Just so I know if it's possible or not. Carry over DLC across editions I mean.

--

I'm most excited about the soundtrack more than anything. I want a definitive P5 soundtrack that has all the tracks for the original and P5R game, so I'm wondering if this will be worth it or not.

User Info: Jiyuu Falcon

Jiyuu Falcon
1 month ago#5
What if the old DLC doesn’t carry over... because it’s now included in the game/free?

User Info: zoderos

zoderos
1 month ago#6
Even if all the previous DLC are included, this pretty much confirms there will be new DLC outfits incoming aside from these two. Maybe more DLC personas too. Overall, I am not very happy about this. This is supposed to be the definitive complete edition.

User Info: omegafire18

omegafire18
1 month ago#7
zoderos posted...
This is supposed to be the definitive complete edition.

This may just be me, but 'limited edition' doesn't necessarily equate to 'complete edition' in my brain. If it were, it would explicitly include all previous DLC, but it doesn't

^Maybe there won't be a complete edition that bundles literally everything together; maybe there'll just be the regular Royal, and this limited edition, and that's it. (Btw, I know I'm as likely to be wrong as right about that)
If I post about something, it's because I ultimately like it - flaws tend not to personally matter after initial acceptance, if still acknowledged in general.

User Info: super_taco_ftw

super_taco_ftw
1 month ago#8
omegafire18 posted...
zoderos posted...

This may just be me, but 'limited edition' doesn't necessarily equate to 'complete edition' in my brain. If it were, it would explicitly include all previous DLC, but it doesn't

^Maybe there won't be a complete edition that bundles literally everything together; maybe there'll just be the regular Royal, and this limited edition, and that's it. (And yes, I know I'm as likely to be wrong as right)

I think he meant Royal as a game should've been the "definitive edition" of P5, like how Golden was to 4. Instead, we're being charged full price and still not getting the full package. There's almost certainly going to be a "Definitive" of "GOTY" edition in a year or so as well.
"It is a mistake to believe you can solve all of life's problems with just potatoes." - Douglas Adams

User Info: rpglover1243

rpglover1243
1 month ago#9
Was there a take your heart edition in japan like the one we got? Did we both get the exact same items? I hope they give us something else in our limited edition besides the soundtrack, cause a shirt and some dlc is kinda lame
Shenmue 3

User Info: zoderos

zoderos
1 month ago#10
omegafire18 posted...
zoderos posted...

^Maybe there won't be a complete edition that bundles literally everything together; maybe there'll just be the regular Royal, and this limited edition, and that's it. (And yes, I know I'm as likely to be wrong as right)

I was not talking about the limited edition. I was refering to the Royal edition in general. It is supposed to be the definitive edition that includes everything. I guess Atlus thought differently.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Persona 5 Royal Straight Flush Edition
  • Topic Archived