• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Why no Persona 5 Royal for Switch?

User Info: CrimsonKingIX

CrimsonKingIX
2 months ago#31
The switch is not weaker than the PS4 at all, it easily outsells PS4 and Xbox combined these days, and it could easily handle P5R in terms of the hardware.

If they did port it P5R would easily outsell P5S, but I am sure Atlus already know that. I myself won't be adding to the sale numbers for P5S as it does not really interest me.

All in all I am a little disappointed, but ill hold out hope they will eventually release P5R and everything that follows to Switch, they would be silly not to as they would miss out on a whole system full of customers. That and i think persona is best played hand held.

User Info: CLupula

CLupula
2 months ago#32
Rabenovich posted...
People need to stop begging, and just play it on PS4.

Seriously. Put on your big girl panties and get a PS4 or just forget about the game. Period. Point blank. The end.

User Info: Duallton

Duallton
2 months ago#33
@CrimsonKingIX posted...
The switch is not weaker than the PS4 at all, it easily outsells PS4 and Xbox combined these days, and it could easily handle P5R in terms of the hardware.

And? This doesn't have anything to do with Switch hardware power or it sales, P5 was in development for PS3 and then they just ported it to PS4. SMT V is right now being developed for Switch and i'm certainly sure that chances of PS4/PC/XBOX ONE ports are very unlikely.

CrimsonKingIX posted...
If they did port it P5R would easily outsell P5S, but I am sure Atlus already know this.

Source for this "information", because i'm 100% sure that the vast majority of Persona fans already bought the game on PS4 or PS3. How do you know it will sell more on Nintendo? A platform that literally never had a Persona game outside of 2 spin offs?

CrimsonKingIX posted...

but ill hold out hope they will eventually release P5R and everything that follows to Switch, they would be silly not to as they would miss out on a whole system full of customers.

Xbox One/PC are full of customers too, it doesn't mean it will be released on those systems, just like the Switch.

Atlus never promised nothing to you guys, they even said right before the launch of P5 back in 2017 that they were not planning to release the game on other platforms. Nintendo was the one who approached them and that's why Joker is Smash, if you want to blame someone, blame Nintendo, that leaker from Persona Central or yourselves for being too delusional to believe in anything some random person on internet says. But don't blame Atlus, they never said that Persona 5 was going to be released on Switch.

You can wait for a Switch version, but oh boy, the wait will for sure be big. If P5R really be released on Switch, it will be at least more than a year after the release of the western PS4 version, because it's really unlikely that P-Studio is working in both a definitive edition for PS4 and a port to another system they never had worked on at the same time.

So just think for a second, it's really worth it wait at least 2 whole years for something that maybe will never came?
Not changing this signature until Atlus announce a P3/P4 HD Collection for PS4

User Info: Hazama_91

Hazama_91
2 months ago#34
https://i.imgtc.com/bd859Bd.jpg

User Info: Ramlethal_V

Ramlethal_V
2 months ago#35
blee7442 posted...
Ramlethal_V posted...
blee7442 posted...
Duallton posted...
P5R is basically a complete remake just like Catherine Full Body. I don't think they will port it to Switch.

I personally think a port will happen, but it would most likely be sometime later like maybe 2021 at most.

I think it will be rather soon, before P5S, so the spoilers in there don't kill the plot for the main game.

As much as I hate to say it, I don't think it'll happen that soon. P5R is coming out in October in japan. They need some time for a game like this to work on the switch and i honestly think P5S will already be put by the time they announce the port. Graphics aren't the same as ps3 version so that's why i think it'll be longer.

We don't know how long they might be developing this already.
Do not give me pride nor influence, no money or love
Do give me understanding and perspectives, so I may one day see the world as it is.

User Info: DetectiveZ

DetectiveZ
2 months ago#36
i hope it doesn't come

User Info: DetectiveZ

DetectiveZ
2 months ago#37
gamerofNS posted...
Rabenovich posted...

I have both a Switch and a PS4 Pro, as well as P5. However, nothing kills my hype for a game faster than "PS4 Exclusive", with the Switch being my preferred console, and my PS4 an extremally distant secondary. That, and the fact that my Switch is within reach, whereas my PS4 is at my brother's place.

I WANT P5R on Switch, so no, I'm not going to stop begging.

bruh stop being a port beggar and either just buy it for ps4 or trade your switch for one

User Info: Hazama_91

Hazama_91
2 months ago#38
gamerofNS posted...
Rabenovich posted...

I have both a Switch and a PS4 Pro, as well as P5. However, nothing kills my hype for a game faster than "PS4 Exclusive", with the Switch being my preferred console, and my PS4 an extremally distant secondary. That, and the fact that my Switch is within reach, whereas my PS4 is at my brother's place.

I WANT P5R on Switch, so no, I'm not going to stop begging.

Hazama_91 posted...
https://i.imgtc.com/bd859Bd.jpg

User Info: Finis-XII

Finis-XII
2 months ago#39
What is it with people and this meme that just because a character shows up in Smash that that MUST mean a main game from said character's series is going to be a thing on a Nintendo console? Stop assuming s*** and perhaps you won't get your hopes up.
"This close, I can hear your heart beating. Thump, thump...that's how you sound... <3" - Chie
https://m.imgur.com/gfiAZKK

User Info: JesseH21

JesseH21
2 months ago#40
Though to be fair, the style probably will make the game within the switches capabilities, and the fact that it's actually small enough, at 20.2 gb, means technically the switch probably could run it.... Should p-studios actually decide to Port it.

But it would likely not happen until after smt-v comes out and p5r has been out a while. So theoretically it is possible, likely? Probably not. But hey, I could win a million bucks tommorow. Anything is possible.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Why no Persona 5 Royal for Switch?
  • Topic Archived