• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Why no Persona 5 Royal for Switch?

User Info: gamerofNS

gamerofNS
3 months ago#21
Rabenovich posted...
People need to stop begging, and just play it on PS4.

I have both a Switch and a PS4 Pro, as well as P5. However, nothing kills my hype for a game faster than "PS4 Exclusive", with the Switch being my preferred console, and my PS4 an extremally distant secondary. That, and the fact that my Switch is within reach, whereas my PS4 is at my brother's place.

I WANT P5R on Switch, so no, I'm not going to stop begging.

User Info: GalvatronScurge

GalvatronScurge
3 months ago#22
gamerofNS posted...
Rabenovich posted...
People need to stop begging, and just play it on PS4.

I have both a Switch and a PS4 Pro, as well as P5. However, nothing kills my hype for a game faster than "PS4 Exclusive", with the Switch being my preferred console, and my PS4 an extremally distant secondary. That, and the fact that my Switch is within reach, whereas my PS4 is at my brother's place.

I WANT P5R on Switch, so no, I'm not going to stop begging.

the only way P5R comes out on switch if it comes out of left field as a surprise in the next direct or like the FFVII situation where it'll be ported a few years later. Otherwise in order to play it you gotta get your PS4 back, wait, or its your loss

User Info: Exo_Icarus

Exo_Icarus
3 months ago#23
The Switch still heavily lacks the horsepower the PS4 has. Switch ports of really fat spec-intensive games have some noticeable corners cut in order to make them work.
" Imagination is the essence of discovery. "

User Info: Duallton

Duallton
3 months ago#24
zelos736 posted...
I'm 100% certain either P5 or P5R will come to switch. There is supposed to be more details coming on like May 9th or something, so maybe there. Or Nintendo could just be saving it for an upcoming Nintendo Direct or E3 presentation. Who knows? But with Scramble coming to Switch it would be pretty dumb of them to not bring the main game over eventually.

Persona 4 Arena was released on PS3/360 and both consoles still did not get P4G (Ps Vita exclusive). Spin Offs be released in other platforms mean nothing and everyone should already know this.
Not changing this signature until Atlus announce a P3/P4 HD Collection for PS4

User Info: re-memoryman3

re-memoryman3
3 months ago#25
Exo_Icarus posted...
The Switch still heavily lacks the horsepower the PS4 has. Switch ports of really fat spec-intensive games have some noticeable corners cut in order to make them work.

The game was on the PS3.
Official Daisy of the Smash Ultimate Boards

User Info: blee7442

blee7442
3 months ago#26
re-memoryman3 posted...
Exo_Icarus posted...

The game was on the PS3.

Yeah, but there's a good chance the graphics were updated for the PS4 standards. At least, that's what i heard.
And You're only going to get better.(Sonic generations.)

User Info: BurningVigor

BurningVigor
3 months ago#27
blee7442 posted...
re-memoryman3 posted...
Exo_Icarus posted...

The game was on the PS3.

Yeah, but there's a good chance the graphics were updated for the PS4 standards. At least, that's what i heard.

It was increased for the ps4 and Persona 5 Royal increases even further.

User Info: game_wiz101

game_wiz101
3 months ago#28
Are we really going to pretend that a Switch can't run P5R when more graphically-intense games have Switch ports?
3DS FC: 1375-7722-0434
GT: SmokyJoMama, PSN: SmokyJoMama-sama

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
3 months ago#29
I think it’s cuz Sony is helping develop the game? So they get exclusive dibs on the game.

That’s what I heard. Not sure if it’s true though.

User Info: Duallton

Duallton
3 months ago#30
meteora88 posted...
I think it’s cuz Sony is helping develop the game? So they get exclusive dibs on the game.

That’s what I heard. Not sure if it’s true though.

Despite being owned by Sega, Atlus development teams still are small, they can only develop a game for only one platform at time.

P-STUDIO choosed the PS3 for Persona 5 because P1-4 were ps exclusives, later they decided to port the game to the PS4 and that's why it took so long for the game to be released.

SMT team choosed the Switch for STM V (problably because SMT 4 was a 3DS exclusive)

Studio Zero choosed the PS4 for Catherine Full Body, and because of this, their next game Project Re Fantasy will problably be a PS4 exclusive as well.

game_wiz101 posted...
Are we really going to pretend that a Switch can't run P5R when more graphically-intense games have Switch ports?

The PS4 can run SMT V too. It doesn't mean it will get it.
Not changing this signature until Atlus announce a P3/P4 HD Collection for PS4
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Why no Persona 5 Royal for Switch?
  • Topic Archived