• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Negotiation needs to be dropped entirely

User Info: AliceRed130

AliceRed130
4 weeks ago#1
I've just returned to this game and my God the negotiation system is so awful!!!! There's no consistency!!! The same answer at times doesn't even satisfy the same shadow I just negotiated with the fight before!!! They get angry at EVERYTHING!!!! And CONSTANTLY attack me just for saying something wrong and wiping my out!!!!! So stupid!!!! This crap sucks in SMT and it sucked in the first 3 persona games!!!!!! This trash belongs in the garbage bin Atlus!!!! Go back to shuffle time!!!!!
Never put your trust in anyone, you'll be let down each and every time.

User Info: Sw0rd_27

Sw0rd_27
4 weeks ago#2
AliceRed has her red days.
FC 4682-8917-7789

AliceRed130
4 weeks ago#3
Sw0rd_27 posted...

I don't know what those are but I'm practically seeing red right now because I'm sick of having to put up with this frustrating mechanic that only works when it feels like it!!!! I wouldnt be surprised if this system was entirely luck based!!!!

User Info: rrojas_1926

rrojas_1926
4 weeks ago#4
Its a staple of shin megami tensei games, i am glad that this feature is in a persona game....don t know if p1 or 2 had it.

User Info: omegafire18

omegafire18
4 weeks ago#5
Well, of course different answers can get different responses from the same type of Shadow; sometimes they do have different personalities, which you can see on the screen.

^And each personality likes/dislikes different answers; that was explicitly stated in the tutorial on the subject, which you can see on your menu. After you get down which likes what, while there is still a little luck involved, your success rate is much higher lol... but only if you pay attention to this stuff :P
If I post about something, it's because I ultimately like it - flaws tend not to personally matter after initial acceptance, if still acknowledged in general.

User Info: Ramlethal_V

Ramlethal_V
4 weeks ago#6
AliceRed130 posted...
Sw0rd_27 posted...

I don't know what those are but I'm practically seeing red right now because I'm sick of having to put up with this frustrating mechanic that only works when it feels like it!!!! I wouldnt be surprised if this system was entirely luck based!!!!

Alice... When will you say one GOOD thing about something?

AliceRed130
4 weeks ago#7
Ramlethal_V posted...
AliceRed130 posted...
Sw0rd_27 posted...

Heyy I'm always saying positive things about stuff!!! Like best boy Akechi!!!!

User Info: Ramlethal_V

Ramlethal_V
4 weeks ago#8
AliceRed130 posted...
Ramlethal_V posted...
AliceRed130 posted...
Sw0rd_27 posted...

Heyy I'm always saying positive things about stuff!!! Like best boy Akechi!!!!

Awesome, thanks! XD

User Info: muur

muur
4 weeks ago#9
AliceRed130 posted...
Sw0rd_27 posted...

I don't know what those are

period joke

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
4 weeks ago#10
At last, we agree on something. I loathed the negotiation mechanic when I tried Persona 2 some years ago, and no amount of tweaking can convince me it's a good idea.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Negotiation needs to be dropped entirely
  • Topic Archived