You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. P5R girl probably not a FeMC

User Info: RayTheGamer

RayTheGamer
3 weeks ago#1
Rough translation:
"What do you think of the Phantom Thieves?"
"I think that helping people is a great thing. But, I don't like the Phantom Thieves. I don't think what they are doing actually helps people. In the end, people have to solve their problems on their own, I think."

Got this from a comment on the video posted on Atlustube. If this is correct, seems like this isn't a FeMC.... A sequel? So soon? I mean, the gap between P3 and P4 wasn't terribly long, so they can release a sequel in the same engine within the next two years I think.

Also, they ain't milking the games anymore. They milking the announcements too.

User Info: RenRen245

RenRen245
3 weeks ago#2
Also she is wearing a first year student uniform so she can't replace Ren story wise,P5R is probably just going to be like P4 golden.
''A baby isen't like a golem, i can't make it all by myself !'' - Elena

User Info: michelous456

michelous456
3 weeks ago#3
smash confirmed we are getting fem mc
3ds fc 1650 1974 2862

User Info: Edge_of_Ada

Edge_of_Ada
3 weeks ago#4
It'd be cool if she was our Nanashi and we form our own grou p and intersect with the phantom thieves as we pursue a new threat.
Heart removed neatly with a bowie knife
Pick up the blade and join the dots

User Info: sillyfudgemonke

sillyfudgemonke
3 weeks ago#5
RayTheGamer posted...
If this is correct, seems like this isn't a FeMC.... A sequel? So soon? I mean, the gap between P3 and P4 wasn't terribly long, so they can release a sequel in the same engine within the next two years I think.

Not sure about a sequel, considering.....the Metaverse doesn't exist at the end of P5 and Ren leaves. And the fact that it's Goro talking to a girl so it's probably taking place DURING P5

I'm thinking Poniko (JPN nickname) is a Marie type character (or in the same vein, assuming there might be another person to take the Aeon Arcana while Poniko is like the Jester or something). I mean it doesn't rule out that the girl shown might be the P5FeMC and the one talking is a different new character.

User Info: didierre

didierre
3 weeks ago#6
sillyfudgemonke posted...
RayTheGamer posted...
If this is correct, seems like this isn't a FeMC.... A sequel? So soon? I mean, the gap between P3 and P4 wasn't terribly long, so they can release a sequel in the same engine within the next two years I think.

Not sure about a sequel, considering.....the Metaverse doesn't exist at the end of P5 and Ren leaves. And the fact that it's Goro talking to a girl so it's probably taking place DURING P5

I'm thinking Poniko (JPN nickname) is a Marie type character (or in the same vein, assuming there might be another person to take the Aeon Arcana while Poniko is like the Jester or something). I mean it doesn't rule out that the girl shown might be the P5FeMC and the one talking is a different new character.

Plot Twist: The one talking is Female Akechi, if you go FemMC your "rival" is Female too.

User Info: vocedelmorte

vocedelmorte
3 weeks ago#7
Why would she speak in man voice then. Nvm, i thought you meant the one talking TO new character
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: didierre

didierre
3 weeks ago#8
vocedelmorte posted...
Why would she speak in man voice then

When Akechi was interviewed about the Phantom Thieves for the 1st time, he said similar stuff.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Heartfang

Heartfang
3 weeks ago#9
This new trailer doesn't confirm or deny anything.

All it's doing is serving it's purpose by getting everyone talking about it.
Common sense is just wisdom with its sleeves rolled up

User Info: vocedelmorte

vocedelmorte
3 weeks ago#10
Heartfang posted...
This new trailer doesn't confirm or deny anything.

All it's doing is serving it's purpose by getting everyone talking about it.

That's what we do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When Akechi was interviewed about the Phantom Thieves for the 1st time, he said similar stuff

People say it doesn't sound like Akechi
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. P5R girl probably not a FeMC