• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Holy s***. Makoto is badass!

User Info: MakotoYuri

MakotoYuri
4 weeks ago#31
1Tekkaman posted...
MakotoYuri posted...
1Tekkaman posted...
MakotoYuri posted...
1Tekkaman posted...
MakotoYuri posted...
@1Tekkaman no it´s not
@jonas66
if she is so badass in her everyday life why didn´t she beat the s*** out of Kaneshiro and Eiko´s Pimp?
also don´t say cause they are gangsters, Kanji beat a whole gang single handidly so why coudn´t Makoto?

Yes, in fact, it is. Your example is an apples-and-oranges comparison due to rather different circumstances.

how exactly? also that doesn´t answer my question,and even if you can make up something there is still Eiko´s Hostess which she could have beaten up, that was a single guy.

There is a time and place for such things. That was not the time.

so you don not have any actual rebuttal and normal Makoto indeed is weak sauce.

So you're twisting my words, which makes this entire discussion a waste of time. Good day.

and how exactly am i twisting your words? you just don´t bring any actual points to this discussion.
how about trying to actually mention points in the game where Makoto is badass without being Queen?
you know like other badass characters in the series have shown such feat, like Kanji i mentioned or Shinjiro.
or how about trying to counter my points why a single person could overpower her or why she didn´t fight the Hostess directly.
If you obey Lucifer and are 100% proud of it, copy this and make it your signature! RPGs Beaten: 666

User Info: BlueAnnihilator

BlueAnnihilator
4 weeks ago#32
She's alright. Her PT alter ego comes off as really try-hard though. Her Persona being a motorcycle is eye roll-inducing.
I agree with you, Blue. - FinalRockerdude, Vgmasta, ZeldaFan42, ObservanTeMK, Magoo111, E121Phi, re4master543, PJiddy, bloodmage3 (cont. in quote)

User Info: Shadow_Luffy

Shadow_Luffy
4 weeks ago#33
Yuri is correct in that outside of the Metaverse, Makoto is not a badass. However, that makes sense because A) real world =/= Metaverse and B) it seems to be a common theme with Priestess Arcana

Outside of the Metaverse, she acts like how someone in the Priestess Arcana should act. She's quiet, reserved, smart, and hardworking. She doesn't beat up the sleazeball because it would be counter-productive and out of character, that's all I can say because TC is still playing the game. You could argue that her handling things without resorting to violence is badass in and of itself though. Tbh, she acts no different than Yukiko. Inside the TV World she's downright scary, but in the real world she's the total opposite unless you tick her off. You can't compare Yukiko to Kanji because they fill two entirely different roles and have entirely different personalities. Same with Makoto and say Ryuji.

I say this as someone who literally just said Makoto is boring (to me,. I found Yukiko even more dull) so no bias here. It's just that her being badass 100% of the time wouldn't make a lot of sense, given what Arcana she is under and her personality. Is she a badass, that's up to the player obviously.
Gamertag: xKyuubix64 PSN: Skull_Revolver64 WiiU: James.V/Venom~Lad
The only thing better than a chainsaw. TWO CHAINSAWS!

User Info: TheOneAndOnly44

TheOneAndOnly44
4 weeks ago#34
Yeesh, there's no reason to make this another drawn-out and ultimately fruitless argument, y'all. TC's just expressing their like for Makoto's awakening! It doesn't matter whether or not Makoto is "badass" or "weaksauce" outside of the Metaverse, those who like her are gonna like her and those who dislike her are gonna dislike her.

TC, you plan on romancing Kawakami? Or are you still testing the waters with your romance options?
"Your fate is in the cards." -Elizabeth
"Dont think, feel." -Chie Satonaka, totally not Bruce Lee or anything
Werewolf by Night 4 weeks ago#35
she's maybe my favorite as a combatant but her b plot is a bore.
the sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

User Info: Shadow_Luffy

Shadow_Luffy
4 weeks ago#36
TheOneAndOnly44 posted...
Yeesh, there's no reason to make this another drawn-out and ultimately fruitless argument, y'all. TC's just expressing their like for Makoto's awakening! It doesn't matter whether or not Makoto is "badass" or "weaksauce" outside of the Metaverse, those who like her are gonna like her and those who dislike her are gonna dislike her.

TC, you plan on romancing Kawakami? Or are you still testing the waters with your romance options?

What did you expect? Any time someone mentions any of the team members, specially the waifus, it'll devolve into a bickering contest between her detractors and defenders because that's what happens when you post on an open forum that involves a dating sim.

That does remind me though. TC make sure to take advantage of Fortune when you unlock it, it'll save you A LOT of time.
Gamertag: xKyuubix64 PSN: Skull_Revolver64 WiiU: James.V/Venom~Lad
The only thing better than a chainsaw. TWO CHAINSAWS!

User Info: shawn10000000

shawn10000000
4 weeks ago#37
AliceRed130 posted...
Makoto is pathetic!!!! Worst character in the game and most overrated character in jrpg history!!!!!

Lemme have some of that salt, my fries are pretty bland

User Info: Starsailor

Starsailor
4 weeks ago#38
AliceRed130 posted...
Makoto is pathetic!!!! Worst character in the game and most overrated character in jrpg history!!!!!

What are you, 6?

User Info: AliceRed130

AliceRed130
4 weeks ago#39
Starsailor posted...
AliceRed130 posted...

What are you, 6?

I'm 20!!!!
It's a Gundam!

User Info: UltimaXOmega

UltimaXOmega
4 weeks ago#40
Makoto is my favorite character in the game.
YangGang2020
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Holy s***. Makoto is badass!
  • Topic Archived