You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Hifumi was supposed to be PT too

User Info: SazukeEX

SazukeEX
3 weeks ago#1
Instead of fixing that in Royal they are making a new Confidant/potential party member.

Watch them still do nothing about Haru.

Only characters that matter will still be Joker, Makoto, Mr. Sojiro Sakura, Futaba, Sae, Morgana, and Akechi.
FE:Fates - MyCastle: Birthright ~ Rare Skills
~ 12514-29694-66068-57372

User Info: Bored_Moogle

Bored_Moogle
3 weeks ago#2
Honestly, it was probably easier to just write in a new character probably tied to a new dungeon or scenario like Marie from Golden than changing Hifumi around to make her a party member. That ship has sailed. Maybe Hifumi Would have worked as a new party member if we got like...a sequel or something, but I doubt that's what this is. Likely just an expanded version of the game following the Atlus trope of inserting a new girl tied to new content, a la Marie, Miyako and Alex.

Haru needs more screen time urgently though. And at least that much should be easy to fix.
I'm sharpening my knife, kupo...

User Info: JLazarillo

JLazarillo
3 weeks ago#3
Sing it with me everyone!

Hifumi~~~
Was never going to be~~~
A~~~ Phan~~~tom~~~ Thi~~~ef!
Formerly a panda, formerly a carnivore. Now just a guy without a catch phrase.
https://imgtc.com/i/uVS7l1o.jpg

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
3 weeks ago#4
Let it goooooooooooooo, let it gooooooooooooooo.
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde / Linne main team in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle.

User Info: Cogito

Cogito
3 weeks ago#5
atlus already decided to sail without her.
Hito wa mikake ni yoranu mono
http://imgur.com/cFMo9gI

User Info: Sentinel07

Sentinel07
3 weeks ago#6
From what I've been hearing, that narrative is incorrect.

The story that I was told was Atlus had ideas for 2 "logical" characters and eventually ended up combining them to make Makoto's character. The leftovers became Hifumi's character.

User Info: JLazarillo

JLazarillo
3 weeks ago#7
Sentinel07 posted...
The leftovers became Hifumi's character.

Not even that. The leftover design became Hifumi's design. The developers have described Hifumi as "a completely different character" from the one the design was originally meant for.
Formerly a panda, formerly a carnivore. Now just a guy without a catch phrase.
https://imgtc.com/i/uVS7l1o.jpg

User Info: UltimaXOmega

UltimaXOmega
3 weeks ago#8
Hifumi would have been a better character than Haru.
YangGang2020

SazukeEX
3 weeks ago#9
UltimaXOmega posted...
Hifumi would have been a better character than Haru.

True.

Haru was only there cuz she had money.

SazukeEX
3 weeks ago#10
Sentinel07 posted...
From what I've been hearing, that narrative is incorrect.

The story that I was told was Atlus had ideas for 2 "logical" characters and eventually ended up combining them to make Makoto's character. The leftovers became Hifumi's character.

Guess that explains why Makoto dominated screen time even before she joined and remained that way. Not to mention she forms an older sister role for Futaba and Sae, her sister, is very important to the story too. Sojiro counts too via Futaba whom Makoto is very close with.

Then there is Akechi whom Makoto already knew.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Hifumi was supposed to be PT too