You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. New to P5 - Overall Early Game Strategy

User Info: mjodotcom

mjodotcom
3 weeks ago#11
JLazarillo posted...
mjodotcom posted...
So is it best to just have one Persona with Joker but as high a level as possible? I thought you wanted multiple - especially for aligning type with confidants to build bonds faster and keep a greater elemental diversity?

You definitely want several, and yes, especially in the sense of having them match the Confidants you're working on. The point I was trying to get at is that you don't want to hang on to them for very long. Sorry if that was confusing. Use the stuff you recruit, and the stuff you've already been using that's been getting outpaced, to make new stuff on a regular basis.

Got it - thanks. I was originally planning to catch them once but not again, but will plan to grab a few extra for fusing afterwards to keep the personas levels up.

mjodotcom
3 weeks ago#12
JLazarillo posted...
mjodotcom posted...

Are there any particular skills I should work on early game that have the biggest payoff? I am seeing how precious time is :)

Buffs and debuffs work wonders on bosses in Persona games, and often end up overlooked, so make sure you've got -kaja and -nda spells to go around, and in order to help with Hold-ups (as discussed above), make sure Joker can at least cover any magic elements that your active party members cannot.

What do you mean by -kaja and -nda spells? I was more talking about things like upping my knowledge, kindness, etc in any particularly useful order (or at least to a certain level to enable x, y benefit)

User Info: JLazarillo

JLazarillo
3 weeks ago#13
It's part of the language of the spells in the game, so to speak. Spells that have "-kaja" at the end are buffs, and if they have "-nda" at the end, they weaken enemies (exceptions being Dekaja, which removes buffs, and Dekunda, which removes debuffs).

As for the social attributes, all of them are going to be important. Low ranks in Charm and Guts will be needed for some of the early Confidants. Proficiency you will probably not need to have very high until near the end of the game, and Guts, while you want it to rank 3 fairly early (that is, by the beginning of June), rank 4 and 5 are both needed for one of the game's least useful Confidant, so I'd wait on those after rank 3, as well.
Formerly a panda, formerly a carnivore. Now just a guy without a catch phrase.
https://imgtc.com/i/uVS7l1o.jpg

mjodotcom
3 weeks ago#14
JLazarillo posted...
It's part of the language of the spells in the game, so to speak. Spells that have "-kaja" at the end are buffs, and if they have "-nda" at the end, they weaken enemies (exceptions being Dekaja, which removes buffs, and Dekunda, which removes debuffs).

As for the social attributes, all of them are going to be important. Low ranks in Charm and Guts will be needed for some of the early Confidants. Proficiency you will probably not need to have very high until near the end of the game, and Guts, while you want it to rank 3 fairly early (that is, by the beginning of June), rank 4 and 5 are both needed for one of the game's least useful Confidant, so I'd wait on those after rank 3, as well.

Ah ok, as I said new to the Persona series but I like it so far - thanks for the tips!
when you get to late palace 2 around level 17-19, fuse matador and orobas

level up matador until he gets swift strike, and orobas until it learns marakunda

after that, fuse these two together and you will create Shiki-Ouji. carry over both Swift Strike and Marakunda.

this Persona will last you the entire game if need be, just keep leveling him up using Gallows

also fuse a Suzaku (Feng Huang? i forget its name in this game, red rainbow-y bird) and try to level it up until it learns Auto-Sukukaja

save the game and then sacrifice it with gallows to Shiki-Ouji. re-load until you get Auto-Sukukaja inherited.

congrats, now you have a powerhouse who has insane defenses, good accuracy, and game-breaking damage.
the most popular and widely-liked user on the Persona 5 board

mjodotcom
3 weeks ago#16
Is there a way to check a personas type again after starting a dialog? Numerous times now I found myself not looking immediately then not knowing what the type is to get the questions right. A search online doesn’t seem to indicate type either (is it random?).

JLazarillo
3 weeks ago#17
mjodotcom posted...
Is there a way to check a personas type again after starting a dialog?

Not if you're already at the Q&A part, no.

A search online doesn’t seem to indicate type either (is it random?).

Any given Shadow will always have the same Personality. For example Jack o'Lantern/Crypt-Dwelling Pyromaniac is always Gloomy. You can find a list of every enemy at the link I've put below, and clicking on their name will take you to a page where their stats as an enemy are listed, including their personality types. Since P5 is one of the most recent entries to the series, it'll usually be near the bottom. Be warned there are a few incidental spoilers on that page (particularly naming certain characters as Palace masters) so I'd not look anything up unless you really need to, and even then, try not to let your eyes stray too much.

https://megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Persona_5_Shadows

mjodotcom
3 weeks ago#18
mjodotcom posted...
JLazarillo posted...
mjodotcom posted...
So is it best to just have one Persona with Joker but as high a level as possible? I thought you wanted multiple - especially for aligning type with confidants to build bonds faster and keep a greater elemental diversity?

You definitely want several, and yes, especially in the sense of having them match the Confidants you're working on. The point I was trying to get at is that you don't want to hang on to them for very long. Sorry if that was confusing. Use the stuff you recruit, and the stuff you've already been using that's been getting outpaced, to make new stuff on a regular basis.

Got it - thanks. I was originally planning to catch them once but not again, but will plan to grab a few extra for fusing afterwards to keep the personas levels up.

So it seems like you can’t actually re-catch a Persona while in the same dungeon? I tried a few times tonight and was given an item instead...guess you can’t stock up for fusing later, just have to work with the uniques you collect? Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying?
(edited 3 weeks ago)

JLazarillo
3 weeks ago#19
mjodotcom posted...
So it seems like you can’t actually re-catch a Persona while in the same dungeon?

You can re-catch them, but Personas are unique, so they can't be currently in your stock. If you, say, catch a Silky, and then try to catch a second Silky, you'll get the item instead. However, if you Fuse the first Silky, you can then go and catch another one.

mjodotcom
3 weeks ago#20
JLazarillo posted...
mjodotcom posted...
So it seems like you can’t actually re-catch a Persona while in the same dungeon?

You can re-catch them, but Personas are unique, so they can't be currently in your stock. If you, say, catch a Silky, and then try to catch a second Silky, you'll get the item instead. However, if you Fuse the first Silky, you can then go and catch another one.

Ah I see, so I would have to leave the palace to do that and give up a day - right? Not even sure how I get back to the jail lol
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. New to P5 - Overall Early Game Strategy