You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Why are some people so obsessed with having a female MC?

User Info: Cogito

Cogito
4 weeks ago#91
MagicalRanger posted...
Cogito posted...
p3p is dumbed down in various ways as well.

Translation: Graphics sucks so the game sucks.

you didnt play fes. it's not about graphics.
you get a 0 / 100
Hito wa mikake ni yoranu mono
http://imgur.com/cFMo9gI

User Info: chingi1

chingi1
4 weeks ago#92
I hope her story is separate so she doesn’t get paid dust like p3 femc

User Info: Starsailor

Starsailor
4 weeks ago#93
Because this is most people's first Persona game and they're used to Pokemon letting them do it.

User Info: muur

muur
4 weeks ago#94
Starsailor posted...
Because this is most people's first Persona game and they're used to Pokemon letting them do it.

which is funny when you realise the first 6 pokemon games didnt give you gender choice

User Info: Cogito

Cogito
4 weeks ago#95
they can imagine red or ash is a transgender girl octopus in their dreams.
Hito wa mikake ni yoranu mono
http://imgur.com/cFMo9gI
Kageyama posted...
not everyone is a straight white male

Neither is the current MC.

Ridleyclone7296 posted...
Heartfang posted...
I'll turn that on it's head.

Why are people obsessed with not having a female MC?

From what I've seen it's typically because they prefer they use their resources on something else. Personally I would love having a FeMC, but I can definitely see the argument against it. This only applies to having a FeMC on top of the already male MC though. When it comes to for example having P6 crafted around having a FeMC from the get go there is no contrary argument I can think of, and I very rarely see people object to that.

This.

There are far more important aspects to put your resources into. Give me dungeons, story events, optional bosses, new equipment, new Personas, areas etc. You know, stuff that actually matters far more than a gender swap ever will.
"Hey, lady, I put the kiddies to sleep. Permanently." - Yuri Hyuga - Shadow Hearts
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: CmPope

CmPope
4 weeks ago#97
BrightShield786 posted...
Kageyama posted...
not everyone is a straight white male

Neither is the current MC.

Ridleyclone7296 posted...
Heartfang posted...
I'll turn that on it's head.

Why are people obsessed with not having a female MC?

From what I've seen it's typically because they prefer they use their resources on something else. Personally I would love having a FeMC, but I can definitely see the argument against it. This only applies to having a FeMC on top of the already male MC though. When it comes to for example having P6 crafted around having a FeMC from the get go there is no contrary argument I can think of, and I very rarely see people object to that.

This.

There are far more important aspects to put your resources into. Give me dungeons, story events, optional bosses, new equipment, new Personas, areas etc. You know, stuff that actually matters far more than a gender swap ever will.

Troll smarter not harder

reported

User Info: Crevens

Crevens
4 weeks ago#98
I wonder if this would still be a thing that comes up as often if P3P never did it.

There are many other RPGs with mute mains, but having an option added to gender swap them never really comes up. This game does have a life sim aspect to it though I guess, maybe its because of both?

User Info: Hohoemu

Hohoemu
4 weeks ago#99
I dislike the resource point when arguing why there shouldn't be a Fem MC. Mostly because I feel like Atlus spends a copious amount of time on spin offs in an effort to milk the series.

In my opinion Persona Arena and Persona Dancing all night etc. (Especially the latter) weren't really necessary. If they have money and time for that, they have money and time for a Fem MC at game launch.

Finally I really have trouble believing a blank slate female MC only at launch(let's say Persona 6) would be acceptable to the majority male base. I believe some would play a Fem MC just fine. But play a Fem MC where the game heavily caters to (for lack of better word) female fan service? Not without heavy caveats including a ton of yuri routes.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Crevens

Crevens
4 weeks ago#100
Hohoemu posted...
I dislike the resource point when arguing why there shouldn't be a Fem MC. Mostly because I feel like Atlus spends a copious amount of time on spin offs in an effort to milk the series.

In my opinion Persona Arena and Persona Dancing all night etc. (Especially the latter) weren't really necessary. If they have money and time for that, they have money and time for a Fem MC at game launch.

Finally I really have trouble believing a blank slate female MC only at launch(let's say Persona 6) would be acceptable to the majority male base. I believe some would play a Fem MC just fine. But play a Fem MC where the game heavily caters to (for lack of better word) female fan service? Not without heavy caveats including a ton of yuri routes.

Yeah there'd probably be quite a few yuri routes. Going female MC only in Persona 6 alone could be a risky move. It'd be interesting to see how well it would do saleswise if they went full otome on it though, there'd always be the option to not pursue romances too of course.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Why are some people so obsessed with having a female MC?