You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Why are some people so obsessed with having a female MC?

User Info: End2011

End2011
4 weeks ago#31
Flashinapan1988 posted...
ShadowSilver13 posted...
I think its because the Female Route in Persona 3 fixed a lot of issues and greatly improved the game, according to me and many others

It really didn't that's grossly exaggerated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3hTwsvJV_A
They are intent on goading the developers into wasting time on a feature the minority care about instead of worthwhile new content or new spinoffs/Persona 6
assassingriskel mach-12
End2011 posted...
ShadowSilver13 posted...
I think its because the Female Route in Persona 3 fixed a lot of issues and greatly improved the game, according to me and many others

It really didn't that's grossly exaggerated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3hTwsvJV_A

Great comeback that didn't dispute what I said at all
assassingriskel mach-12

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
4 weeks ago#34
Titans23 posted...
Blayshy posted...
End2011 posted...
Heartfang posted...
I'll turn that on it's head.

Why are people obsessed with not having a female MC?

They don't have a good enough reason. Anything excuse they give can be turned around for a male MC

But lets not forget how toxic the persona fanbase is

Ah yeah? Don't expect the Valentine's Day thing to still happen with a female MC.

Wait so you give(gamefaqs in general)Japan credit for not pulling punches and doing whatever they want despite what others think yet you claim they won't do that with a Female MC? Interesting

You do know society has double standards on that.

Don't expect the guys punching and kicking F!Joker unless you want the guys to look like a******s. And that's not the effect you want to have for that scene. YOU (Ren) are supposed to be the bad guy here, as you tried to cheat.
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde / Linne main team in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle.

User Info: CmPope

CmPope
4 weeks ago#35
Blayshy posted...
Titans23 posted...
Blayshy posted...
End2011 posted...
Heartfang posted...
I'll turn that on it's head.

Why are people obsessed with not having a female MC?

They don't have a good enough reason. Anything excuse they give can be turned around for a male MC

But lets not forget how toxic the persona fanbase is

Ah yeah? Don't expect the Valentine's Day thing to still happen with a female MC.

Wait so you give(gamefaqs in general)Japan credit for not pulling punches and doing whatever they want despite what others think yet you claim they won't do that with a Female MC? Interesting

You do know society has double standards on that.

Don't expect the guys punching and kicking F!Joker unless you want the guys to look like a******s. And that's not the effect you want to have for that scene. YOU (Ren) are supposed to be the bad guy here, as you tried to cheat.

The same country that did this? And you're worried about that when the female has every capability to being the bad guy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CMh4wZRtoU

User Info: vocedelmorte

vocedelmorte
4 weeks ago#36
They are intent on goading the developers into wasting time on a feature the minority care about instead of worthwhile new content or new spinoffs/Persona 6

Can you post statistics about 'minority' thing or it's just what you assume? Gaming demographics constantly changing

User Info: Jacien

Jacien
4 weeks ago#37
For the hentai.
"Just because it appeals to children doesn't exclude me from enjoying it."
vocedelmorte posted...

Can you post statistics about 'minority' thing or it's just what you assume? Gaming demographics constantly changing

Girls playing Candy Crush counting in the demographics makes them worthless
assassingriskel mach-12

User Info: undeadfilth

undeadfilth
4 weeks ago#39
because representation is more important than to them than quality writing. It's a Japanese game. You are not playing yourself, you are bearing witness to an individuals' story. A female protagonist would only make sense to me if the narrative was crafted around it:)

User Info: vocedelmorte

vocedelmorte
4 weeks ago#40
vocedelmorte posted...

Girls playing Candy Crush counting in the demographics makes them worthless

Again, your assumptions doesn't make it true. I posted various polls and statistics from official Japanese sources regarding Persona fanbase. You just expressing your thoughts
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Why are some people so obsessed with having a female MC?