You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Why are some people so obsessed with having a female MC?

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
3 weeks ago#21
I'm assuming to look at their butt.

What, you're all telling me the reason YOU guys played Metal Gear Solid WASN'T to look at Snake's butt? You liars.
https://society6.com/redpawdesigns
I draw some stuff, stuff you can stay comfy with.

User Info: gamingdevotee

gamingdevotee
3 weeks ago#22
ShadowSilver13 posted...
I think its because the Female Route in Persona 3 fixed a lot of issues and greatly improved the game, according to me and many others

Nah I disagree if anything it made it a mess

The biggest flaw is only in p3 femc because

*spoilers*

Shinjiro's death was an integral part of the story and theme. The main theme being facing death and allowing shinjiro the character who was meant to push them from fighting it into accepting it is the biggest issue the story could face.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Hauteclere

Hauteclere
3 weeks ago#23
Because I just prefer to play as a girl in games, especially ones where the protagonist is "you."

User Info: ArmedDragoon

ArmedDragoon
3 weeks ago#24
gamingdevotee posted...
Shinjiro's death was an integral part of the story and theme. The main theme being facing death and allowing shinjiro the character who was meant to push them from fighting it into accepting it is the biggest issue the story could face.

Meanwhile FES had already added the ability to prevent Chidori's death and it's even canon, making this a problem not exclusive to P3P's FeMC.
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board
Lucina Defense Force, Shield of Princess Gunnthra

User Info: CmPope

CmPope
3 weeks ago#25
Godly_Goof posted...
Heartfang posted...
I'll turn that on it's head.

Why are people obsessed with not having a female MC?

Because it's obvious that the writers prefer male MCs and it's better they write to their strengths?

Answer the question correctly. You're not the writers of the game

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
3 weeks ago#26
ArmedDragoon posted...
gamingdevotee posted...

Meanwhile FES had already added the ability to prevent Chidori's death and it's even canon, making this a problem not exclusive to P3P's FeMC.

You're sure? Even Ultimax is inconsistent on saying if she revived or is dead.
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde / Linne main team in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle.

User Info: End2011

End2011
3 weeks ago#27
Heartfang posted...

They don't have a good enough reason. Anything excuse they give can be turned around for a male MC

But lets not forget how toxic the persona fanbase is

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
3 weeks ago#28
End2011 posted...
Heartfang posted...

They don't have a good enough reason. Anything excuse they give can be turned around for a male MC

Ah yeah? Don't expect the Valentine's Day thing to still happen with a female MC.
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde / Linne main team in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle.
ShadowSilver13 posted...
I think its because the Female Route in Persona 3 fixed a lot of issues and greatly improved the game, according to me and many others

It really didn't that's grossly exaggerated
assassingriskel mach-12

User Info: Titans23

Titans23
3 weeks ago#30
Blayshy posted...
End2011 posted...
Heartfang posted...

Ah yeah? Don't expect the Valentine's Day thing to still happen with a female MC.

Wait so you give(gamefaqs in general)Japan credit for not pulling punches and doing whatever they want despite what others think yet you claim they won't do that with a Female MC? Interesting
Please Avert Thine Eyes- Lady Elfriede
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Why are some people so obsessed with having a female MC?