• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. I wonder if The Royal might be a sequel/AU Gaiden game like SMT IV Apocalypse.

User Info: AliceRed130

AliceRed130
2 months ago#21
MakotoYuri posted...
Bored_Moogle posted...
Characters aren't the problem. Annoying characters, dumb anime tropes, no moral ambiguity and the power of friendship sure are though. It felt like any generic JRPG. It was basically Persona done badly, not mainline SMT.

your problem for not picking Anarchy route
Never put your trust in anyone, you'll be let down each and every time.

User Info: Bored_Moogle

Bored_Moogle
2 months ago#22
Eh, Anarchy wasn't that much better. Sure it was darker, but it didn't have that much substance either. The ending choices were basically friendship is magic and Edgelord. I get they wanted to Switch things up from law and chaos, but it could have been done way better.

Also I really derailed this topic. Jesus. I threw a jab at Apocalypse in there, but the point of the post was that Persona had already done the sequel thing with P2 EP. <_<
I'm sharpening my knife, kupo...

User Info: uberking422

uberking422
2 months ago#23
Bored_Moogle posted...
Eh, Anarchy wasn't that much better. Sure it was darker, but it didn't have that much substance either. The ending choices were basically friendship is magic and Edgelord. I get they wanted to Switch things up from law and chaos, but it could have been done way better.

Also I really derailed this topic. Jesus. I threw a jab at Apocalypse in there, but the point of the post was that Persona had already done the sequel thing with P2 EP. <_<

Well, I shouldn't have pushed to start an argument either, so, you know, my bad too.

Anyway, point being there is some precedent in both past and present for this game potentially being a pseudo-sequel rather than just a definitive edition.

User Info: SazukeEX

SazukeEX
2 months ago#24
Eh.

Wasn't getting it anyway as P5 already gave us best and canon girl - Makoto Niijima.
FE:Fates - MyCastle: Birthright ~ Rare Skills
~ 12514-29694-66068-57372

User Info: SazukeEX

SazukeEX
2 months ago#25
AliceRed130 posted...
That would be pretty awesome, but I highly doubt that is the case! I'm positive she's just some new confidant, at best maybe a party member!!

Hifumi fans should be raging over this.
FE:Fates - MyCastle: Birthright ~ Rare Skills
~ 12514-29694-66068-57372
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. I wonder if The Royal might be a sequel/AU Gaiden game like SMT IV Apocalypse.
  • Topic Archived