You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. PERSONA 5 THE ROYAL!!q!!

User Info: Stefan1277

Stefan1277
4 weeks ago#111
I was going to buy Persona 5 a few months ago but decided to "wait a bit". It was a good call.
Gamefaqs users in one article:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-behaviors-modern-world-only-making-worse/

User Info: muur

muur
4 weeks ago#112
Stefan1277 posted...
I was going to buy Persona 5 a few months ago but decided to "wait a bit". It was a good call.

youll be waiting 12-18 months

User Info: PdzJoe

PdzJoe
4 weeks ago#113
So If they go with femc route then it looks like a few things have to change. I could see them still sending ren to the school but never getting his persona making him an npc or something while making her the focus.

I wouldn't want to play through it twice and would prefer a dual protagonist setting somehow letting us switch main characters while controlling two wild card characters.

If they go battle arcade setting then she'll be like sho minazuki from p4 ultimax.

The confidant makes more sense to me. I really only see it as a way to save akechi though.

I only have knowledge of the anime so I don't know if the anime made any drastic changes.

User Info: muur

muur
4 weeks ago#114
PdzJoe posted...
So If they go with femc route then it looks like a few things have to change. I could see them still sending ren to the school but never getting his persona making him an npc or something while making her the focus.

I wouldn't want to play through it twice and would prefer a dual protagonist setting somehow letting us switch main characters while controlling two wild card characters.

If they go battle arcade setting then she'll be like sho minazuki from p4 ultimax.

The confidant makes more sense to me. I really only see it as a way to save akechi though.

I only have knowledge of the anime so I don't know if the anime made any drastic changes.

only seen the anime?

oh god, i feel sorry for you

User Info: AltOmega

AltOmega
4 weeks ago#115
muur posted...
only seen the anime?

Hypothetically speaking, if you don't care about the gameplay and only care about the "canon" story, why not just watch the anime?
-Steam in-home streaming > everything
-I'm a liberal but not the clinically insane kind.

User Info: Snorlax_exlax

Snorlax_exlax
4 weeks ago#116
AltOmega posted...
muur posted...
only seen the anime?

Hypothetically speaking, if you don't care about the gameplay and only care about the "canon" story, why not just watch the anime?

yeah it’s not a big deal

obviously the game has more dialogue and content going on, but the anime was a fine adaptation
[JP] Dissidia OO ID - https://i.imgtc.com/3LwsuG2.png
Dissidia OO ID - https://i.imgtc.com/C7A4RoV.png

User Info: CrimsonX4

CrimsonX4
4 weeks ago#117
TheKingOf-Kings posted...
RaflebXgre posted...
once again released on PS3

Like I said, Dreamcast port. But seriously that isn't going to happen.

CrimsonX4 posted...
Lol there isn’t going to be any FeMC. It’s a new character and I’m glad. She’s cute but can’t compete with best girl Anne. I don’t mind P5 going to switch if we can get SMTV for ps4.

If she is the best girl (She is) spell her damn name right.

I thought I did? I haven’t played the game since beating it during release.
I eat wizards.

User Info: JLazarillo

JLazarillo
4 weeks ago#118
CrimsonX4 posted...
I thought I did? I haven’t played the game since beating it during release.

Her name is kind of a mess. In Japanese, it's written with the kanji, 杏, which typically gets the normalized romanization of "An". However, when her name is printed in the Western alphabet in (typically in promo materials) in Japan, they go with the much more Western spelling of "Anne", presumably to help denote that she's of foreign descent and doesn't just have crazy anime hair. The US version kinda compromised between the two and just uses "Ann" in every case.

None of the three are technically wrong, I'd say.
Formerly a panda, formerly a carnivore. Now just a guy without a catch phrase.
https://imgtc.com/i/uVS7l1o.jpg

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
4 weeks ago#119
PdzJoe posted...

ew. dual protagonist setting is immersion breaking and so unlike Persona.

Persona 2 EP has a full party of wild card characters but still have a dedicated lead protagonist that is the player (Maya), the P2IS protagonist is there too, but there is no switching gimmicks with them.

fighting game/arcade game would be underwhelming. most core Persona fans prefer an RPG like the core games. fighting games really cheapen the experience. even if they went the Xenoverse design with it, it wouldn't substitute a solid Persona RPG experience.
the fighting genre is pointless and hollow compared to the RPG genre.

so better to make P5R more like Persona 2 EP (direct sequel with female lead, except with a new self insert FeMC instead of making an established character from the previous game the lead.),

or P3P (alternate reality where female MC is the lead and it is the same story but circumstances, social interactions, and relationship options altered and adapted to Female MC), except not watered down. unlike PSP, PS4 hardware can do FeMC right without cutting gameplay aspects nor turning the game into a oversimpified point and confirm format. they've had like 4 years to develop this new game using P5 engine and assets as a foundation. P2EP reused assets from P2IS as well and provided a new epic 60+ hours RPG experience.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: mada7

mada7
4 weeks ago#120
ArmedDragoon posted...
Exo_Icarus posted...
She's probably gonna be a Marie-type character. A new girl added in an expanded port that's a whole new confidant that adds another dungeon/palace to the game and a series of new cutscenes and stuff but ultimately changes nothing in the overall story of the game.

Marie was justified by addressing the lack of foreshadowing and transition to the final boss in the original, a big hole in the story. I can't think of anything in P5's story that needs patchwork with another character, other than maybe another resolution to Akechi.

How did that play out in P4 originally? Was there just the fight with Adachi then ameno-sagiri and the game ended? Did you still fight Izanami if you go to junes instead of going home on the last day? If so do you just get an abbreviated version of that speech from the gas station attendant leaving out the stuff about Marie?
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. PERSONA 5 THE ROYAL!!q!!