You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. PERSONA 5 THE ROYAL!!q!!

User Info: pschambers6

pschambers6
4 weeks ago#101
Blayshy posted...
JLazarillo posted...
Blayshy posted...
Makoto and Kotone have the same age, yeah.

If you're gonna use Kotone, shouldn't you be using Sakuya for P3's original hero?

Makoto Yuki is confirmed to be the canon name for the P3MC so I use that, just like Yu.

I use Kotone for the P3P F!MC's first name because I dislike the other names people have given to her (they're too similar to Makoto's manga name or not even sensical) and it sounds nice. I however don't use "Shiomi" as her last name.

Since Makoto Yuki is like the definition of gender neutral and she is just Makoto in a different timeline I'm pretty sure her name would be, ya'know, Makoto Yuki.
After 6 years of lurking I finally decided to dive into this hell.
Got blocked by endgame after a single post. Am I cool yet?

User Info: Exo_Icarus

Exo_Icarus
4 weeks ago#102
She's probably gonna be a Marie-type character. A new girl added in an expanded port that's a whole new confidant that adds another dungeon/palace to the game and a series of new cutscenes and stuff but ultimately changes nothing in the overall story of the game.
" Imagination is the essence of discovery. "

User Info: JLazarillo

JLazarillo
4 weeks ago#103
pschambers6 posted...
Blayshy posted...
JLazarillo posted...
Blayshy posted...
Makoto and Kotone have the same age, yeah.

If you're gonna use Kotone, shouldn't you be using Sakuya for P3's original hero?

Makoto Yuki is confirmed to be the canon name for the P3MC so I use that, just like Yu.

I use Kotone for the P3P F!MC's first name because I dislike the other names people have given to her (they're too similar to Makoto's manga name or not even sensical) and it sounds nice. I however don't use "Shiomi" as her last name.

Since Makoto Yuki is like the definition of gender neutral and she is just Makoto in a different timeline I'm pretty sure her name would be, ya'know, Makoto Yuki.

That's certainly how I handle the name for the most part, though PQ2 contradicts that possibility by having all the dialogue treat them as having different names.

I've taken to calling her Satori Arihata in my games since that, as such can be alternately read "Makoto Yuki" and sorta references the manga name (even if she's not the one in the manga).
Formerly a panda, formerly a carnivore. Now just a guy without a catch phrase.
https://imgtc.com/i/uVS7l1o.jpg

User Info: Snorlax_exlax

Snorlax_exlax
4 weeks ago#104
ninkendo posted...
I wouldn't take it as PS4 only. Nintendo wouldn't allow their version to be shown outside of a Direct. Datamines of Smash Ultimate already showed male and female versions of Joker so this all seems to be coming together quite nicely.

Interesting
[JP] Dissidia OO ID - https://i.imgtc.com/3LwsuG2.png
Dissidia OO ID - https://i.imgtc.com/C7A4RoV.png
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Oh man, I'm beyond excited for this!

The odds of her being a FeMC seem pretty low considering her spiel about the PT being in the wrong and the fact that she's a 1st year, but I'm still gonna hold out a bit of hope. Assuming it's Akechi asking the question (I didn't fully recognize that it was his voice, but it's been a while since I've played), it'd make sense for her to lie . Probably just grasping at straws here though.

Also hope that this isn't a P5 Arena. The fact that they were using 3D models lowers that chance imo, but it's still there. I've nothing against a P5 Arena, but considering how they're drip feeding this info, I'd be disappointed if that's what it was instead of a remake.

At the very least, I like her design! And her view ("In the end, I think people should solve their problems on their own.") makes her seem like she'd be a great foil for Joker if she isn't a FeMC-- it's an opposing view to the PT, but not inherently evil. It'd be tough for either side to win a moral argument in this case. I just hope she isn't a confidant who gets her mind changed once we hit rank 9 or 10 :/ If she has all this mystery around her, I hope she's someone who makes it worth it.

But still I'd be the happiest if she turned out to be a FeMC! Totally wouldn't mind some of the story being rewritten for that.
"Your fate is in the cards." -Elizabeth
"Dont think, feel." -Chie Satonaka, totally not Bruce Lee or anything

User Info: ArmedDragoon

ArmedDragoon
4 weeks ago#106
Exo_Icarus posted...
She's probably gonna be a Marie-type character. A new girl added in an expanded port that's a whole new confidant that adds another dungeon/palace to the game and a series of new cutscenes and stuff but ultimately changes nothing in the overall story of the game.

Marie was justified by addressing the lack of foreshadowing and transition to the final boss in the original, a big hole in the story. I can't think of anything in P5's story that needs patchwork with another character, other than maybe another resolution to Akechi.
Official Thoth of the SMT IV board
Lucina Defense Force, Shield of Princess Gunnthra

User Info: hyjinx17

hyjinx17
4 weeks ago#107
Need to see more of what's added. Female MC is a useless addition for me.
Thanks for saving fighting games Goku!

User Info: mightysunlord

mightysunlord
4 weeks ago#108
ok, I don't know what it is, but I'm super excited. really hope it's a Battle Royale
praise it

User Info: Hardgainer08

Hardgainer08
4 weeks ago#109
If its like Marie I might just watch the new content on YouTube instead of buying it.

I already played the hell out of it.

I'll get a P5 Arena game day 1 though.
WII U:H.G-0814 PSN: HG-10 3DS:4699 9242 3676
Gamefaqs Official Mario and Dr. Mario CH (Wii U)

User Info: AltOmega

AltOmega
4 weeks ago#110
ArmedDragoon posted...
Exo_Icarus posted...

Marie was justified by addressing the lack of foreshadowing and transition to the final boss in the original, a big hole in the story. I can't think of anything in P5's story that needs patchwork with another character, other than maybe another resolution to Akechi.

Atlus has shown that there doesn't necessarily need to be a gap to fill when inserting a new character into an old story.
Look no further than Strange Journey Redux with its Space-Yukiko.
-Steam in-home streaming > everything
-I'm a liberal but not the clinically insane kind.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. PERSONA 5 THE ROYAL!!q!!