• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. I'm new to persona 5, and I have some questions.

User Info: v0idStrike

v0idStrike
1 month ago#1
Hello, I'm yet another person who gained a lot of interest in this game due to a certain crossover fighting game series that Joker will be making an appearance in. I'm hoping the game will come to Nintendo switch, as I do not have any PlayStation consoles, and if it comes to switch I'll definitely play it. Some things about the game confuse me though....

1) in certain events, such as when you walk around the school getting dirt on kamoshida, are you timed or does it let you go around freely until you finally get info you need? Like can the day force itself to end?

2) how do you increase stats like "kindness?"

3) how hard is the game overall? While I haven't played many RPGs to completion, I have beaten some namely EarthBound, Mother 1, Fire Emblem Awakening, Undertale, and several Pokémon games. Does the time management aspect of these games impact it a lot, to the point where the time management can make the game too difficult?

4) how do confidants work?

Anyways thanks. The game looks really fun and I've been watching some gameplay of it trying to figure out how everything works and if it's a game that would fit my tastes. Thanks in advance
~Joker of the Smash Ultimate Board~
Octolings, Alucard and Quote 4 smash

User Info: jwh6913

jwh6913
1 month ago#2
There’s generally 2 active periods of time tounuse to study, and make friendships -social links there’s also the evening where you do the same thing. Typically you only can do one activity per time block
Psn- Gallaudetjeff, dragon's dogma dark arisen pawn is Dunir

User Info: vocedelmorte

vocedelmorte
1 month ago#3
Game is not hard. My first playthrough was on normal and i had no issues. You can change difficulty any time (except safest difficulty).
Easiest way to raise kindness is to feed your plant the best nutrients, and working in flower shop.
Time doesn't advance until you go home and go to bed

User Info: PhantasticPhool

PhantasticPhool
1 month ago#4
1) You will have as much time as you need to get the info. The game will not force itself to end that day after a certain amount of time has passed.

2) There are several methods (you could read a book, or work at a certain job, etc.), but as posted above the easiest is feeding your plant in your room.

3) It's not that hard once you understand the basics of combat and utilize confidants.

4) Confidants are kind of like a perk system to help you throughout the game in several aspects. Spend time with whoever you want, when you can hang out with them, to strengthen your bond with them. As a result, they will help you out in some manner.
I'd rather be a passionate fool, then an uncaring mensch. Games may not be real but they are works of art that evoke much emotion for myself. Games are awesome!

v0idStrike
1 month ago#5
@jwh6913
@vocedelmorte
@PhantasticPhool
thanks so much for the help!

User Info: vocedelmorte

vocedelmorte
1 month ago#6
You're welcome, enjoy the game !

User Info: Heartfang

Heartfang
1 month ago#7
There is only one story even in the game that has any sort of time limit, and there's a big ticking clock.

Any other time, time only advances when you choose to do something that advances it.
Common sense is just wisdom with its sleeves rolled up

v0idStrike
1 month ago#8
Heartfang posted...
There is only one story even in the game that has any sort of time limit, and there's a big ticking clock.

Any other time, time only advances when you choose to do something that advances it.

Got it. Thanks!

User Info: Chimeramanexe

Chimeramanexe
1 month ago#9
You can also raise kindness by hanging out with some of your confidants, like Sojiro. In fact, many of the confidants that are unlockable in mid and late game will increase your social stats. Plus, if you make absolutely sure to unlock the fortune teller confidant after the third dungeon (make sure to complete it with over 100,000 yen in cash), she can give you lots of benefits, including boosting your social stat gains or boosting your bond with confidants without having to spend blocks of time with them (as much).

The series as a whole is definitely harder than Pokemon or Earthbound, and while it doesn't have the brutal unfair difficulty of Mother 1, it can still be pretty punishing, especially in the early game of the various games. Persona 5 is still probably the easiest of the series overall, though. You'll probably need to take several trips to complete the first dungeon (even beyond those mandated by the story) just because of low resources, though things slowly ease up from there (especially if you take advantage of a nearly-infinite money trick after the first dungeon). Overall, though, take opponents seriously, be ready to swap around characters, personas, and gear as needed for tricky fights, and you should be able to prevail even without a walkthrough.
FC: 1263-6375-4172
IGN: Nate (in most games)

v0idStrike
1 month ago#10
@Chimeramanexe posted...
You can also raise kindness by hanging out with some of your confidants, like Sojiro. In fact, many of the confidants that are unlockable in mid and late game will increase your social stats. Plus, if you make absolutely sure to unlock the fortune teller confidant after the third dungeon (make sure to complete it with over 100,000 yen in cash), she can give you lots of benefits, including boosting your social stat gains or boosting your bond with confidants without having to spend blocks of time with them (as much).

The series as a whole is definitely harder than Pokemon or Earthbound, and while it doesn't have the brutal unfair difficulty of Mother 1, it can still be pretty punishing, especially in the early game of the various games. Persona 5 is still probably the easiest of the series overall, though. You'll probably need to take several trips to complete the first dungeon (even beyond those mandated by the story) just because of low resources, though things slowly ease up from there (especially if you take advantage of a nearly-infinite money trick after the first dungeon). Overall, though, take opponents seriously, be ready to swap around characters, personas, and gear as needed for tricky fights, and you should be able to prevail even without a walkthrough.

Thanks! do you have any tips for how often/when i might need to do persona fusion/holding up a shadow to get it on my team?
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. I'm new to persona 5, and I have some questions.
  • Topic Archived