• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Romance Question (spoilers)

User Info: DrButcherMD

DrButcherMD
4 weeks ago#1
I went into this game without much prior knowledge so just looking to clarify.

If you max out a female character to 10 without triggering a romance, you have no further opportunity to romance them by spending further time with them - so you've basically missed your chance by saying the wrong thing? Is that correct?

I think I missed out on romance with Ann and the doctor in this way. So does anyone know what to say to guarantee a romance with Kawakami? Also if I've got her to 8 and have just entered Shido's palace for the first time, is there still time?

I fear Joker may end this adventure with blue balls otherwise.
"OMG FFS this is literally the 500th time this has been asked" - Not everyone reads this as avidly as you. So hush Darling, the grown-ups are talking.

User Info: Centurionzo

Centurionzo
4 weeks ago#2
"So you've basically missed your chance by saying the wrong thing? Is that correct?"

Yes.

"So does anyone know what to say to guarantee a romance with Kawakami?"

I want to keep seeing you, I mean what I say, I'm a man; you're a woman

"Also if I've got her to 8 and have just entered Shido's palace for the first time, is there still time? "

You need to complete a side quest to finish her social link, so probably not
I still have no idea of what's happening

User Info: DrButcherMD

DrButcherMD
4 weeks ago#3
Centurionzo posted...
"So you've basically missed your chance by saying the wrong thing? Is that correct?"

Yes.

"So does anyone know what to say to guarantee a romance with Kawakami?"

I want to keep seeing you, I mean what I say, I'm a man; you're a woman

"Also if I've got her to 8 and have just entered Shido's palace for the first time, is there still time? "

You need to complete a side quest to finish her social link, so probably not

Thank you for this devastating news. Guess I'll have to save that for NG+.

I have already triggered the aforementioned side quest for Kawakami and assumed it's just targeting the individual in mementos. Will do my best to get into mementos asap, hoping there's still time.
"OMG FFS this is literally the 500th time this has been asked" - Not everyone reads this as avidly as you. So hush Darling, the grown-ups are talking.

User Info: Jiyuu Falcon

Jiyuu Falcon
4 weeks ago#4
DrButcherMD posted...
I have already triggered the aforementioned side quest for Kawakami and assumed it's just targeting the individual in mementos. Will do my best to get into mementos asap, hoping there's still time.

The step after that has to be done prior to completion of Sae’s palace, so no.

Edit: I appear to be mistaken. The next step doesn’t require school, and you’ll be able to romance her. You still won’t be able to get her to rank 10, though. Rank 10 requires you to be able to go to school.

User Info: Curse

Curse
4 weeks ago#5
You do go back to school for a short while after Shido's deadline is over, right? It might be possible to get her to rank 10. You'd still have missed out on a couple of dates and might not have much time to do others. Although at least you'd be right on time for Christmas and Valentine's Day. It's worth a shot.

Edit: Checking the calendar in one of the FAQs, there's a couple of free nights after the whole Shido business is over. Just try calling her then and see if it works. For the rank 10 event, it can be any day of the week.

User Info: Chimeramanexe

Chimeramanexe
4 weeks ago#6
For all of the romanceable options under age 20, it simply comes down to a choice at rank 9 where the game straight-up has Joker explicitly say to the player "This is a delicate moment, I should consider my words carefully." That choice determines if they become your girlfriend or not. For the women over 20, you have to give certain responses earlier in the social link to make that rank 9 option land-- if you didn't hit those trigger points, then even if you say the thing that would turn it romantic, the woman will laugh it off or let you down gently. There's a guide for this here on Gamefaqs that would probably be very useful.
FC: 1263-6375-4172
IGN: Nate (in most games)

User Info: MvUyDk1e8s9

MvUyDk1e8s9
4 weeks ago#7
There are guides that are just for confident answers, try using them, but atleast for the younger ones, most answers are pretty obvious.
I'm triggered by you being triggered by everything. Suck it up cupcake.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Romance Question (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived