• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. This franchise has become stagnant!!!!!! I think.... :(

User Info: Ridleyclone7296

Ridleyclone7296
1 month ago#51
Exiled53 posted...
Heartfang posted...
That's why no one plays mario games anymore. Platforming and jumping on enemies just got super stale.

Oddessy sold over 11 million. It hasn't even been a year. Please stop spouting false information when you have ZERO idea what you're talking about.

I know sarcasm is hard to detect over text, but come on...
STOP CLONING ME!
3DS FC: 2105 - 8728 - 6264

User Info: vocedelmorte

vocedelmorte
1 month ago#52
It wasn't even hard to detect, but it seems it was for some people

User Info: BartelX

BartelX
1 month ago#53
Sundercles posted...
This. We really don’t need a boyband road trip to a semi open world with a s***ty action combat system and tons of fetch quests. I’ll take “stale” over garbage like the FF series has been.

Obviously this is my personal opinion, but the combat in XV is 1,000 times better than in P5. This game is about as basic as can be. At least that game had some creative ideas and the combat felt way more intuitive. I also think the FF open world, while definitely sparse, was far superior to the unbelievably limited and linear approach of P5.

I don't like innovation for innovation's sake, and FFXV was definitely a shell of the game it should have been, but it was at least something fun and different.

The social school sim has been done, repeatedly, by this same franchise. It is beyond stale at this point.

I'm actually a bit shocked at how overwhelmingly positive the consensus is for this game. I think it's enjoyable, but nowhere even CLOSE to the "game of the year" hype it got from pretty much everyone I talked to about it. It does virtually nothing new, and even what it does well is recycled.

And holy crap is it slow to get going. Basically 10 hours of tutorial and exposition to get through the first 2 weeks of the story. Ugh.
Top RPGS (limit 1 per series): 1-Lufia II 2-FF6 3-BoF II 4-Chrono Trigger 5-SO III 6-Shadow Hearts 7-Dark Cloud II 8-Legend of Dragoon 9-Lost Odyssey 10-DQ8

User Info: SpartanAlice253

SpartanAlice253
1 month ago#54
15s combat was TERRIBLE and BORING!!! All you have to do to win is hold dodge until you see an opening to attack!! And as long as you had healing items you were effectively invincible!!!!! Lame famalam!!!! Lame!!!!!
Makoto is an overrated trash tier failed Mitsuru knock off!!!!

User Info: TidalDream

TidalDream
1 month ago#55
Ridleyclone7296 posted...
Exiled53 posted...
Heartfang posted...
That's why no one plays mario games anymore. Platforming and jumping on enemies just got super stale.

Oddessy sold over 11 million. It hasn't even been a year. Please stop spouting false information when you have ZERO idea what you're talking about.

I know sarcasm is hard to detect over text, but come on...

lmoa
So you're going all out. You're betting everything in one strike.
What courage. What a bold decision. I like that, but it is a foolish mistake against me.

User Info: AuraFalchion

AuraFalchion
4 weeks ago#56
Exiled53 posted...
Heartfang posted...

Exiled53 posted...
MvUyDk1e8s9 posted...
Make it open world and change battle style to FF15 style. Then the P6 board will never die. Between Waifu wars and battle styles wars, it will never end.

f***. No. keep your god awful ideas to yourself. Not every game has to become open world. Jesus christ.

Wow.

User Info: lolesports1979

lolesports1979
4 weeks ago#57
Having just completed persona 3 having never really played anything other than nocturne for a bit I don’t know if I can even bothered to sit through 4 now

I wanted to play 3 to see what all the fuss was about, I know this much there’s no way I’m making it to persona 5
blood is thick but syrup is thicker, think about it

User Info: vocedelmorte

vocedelmorte
4 weeks ago#58
😨

User Info: TidalDream

TidalDream
4 weeks ago#59
luh moa
So you're going all out. You're betting everything in one strike.
What courage. What a bold decision. I like that, but it is a foolish mistake against me.

User Info: TiamatNM

TiamatNM
4 weeks ago#60
They did innovate the dungeons. They aren't just flat hallways anymore. You can climb things and such. Lots more gimmicks.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. This franchise has become stagnant!!!!!! I think.... :(
  • Topic Archived