Just kinda thinking about it..(spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Just kinda thinking about it..(spoilers)

User Info: RikashiX

RikashiX
3 weeks ago#1
I kinda feel Jokers and Crow's names kinda reflect off each other or shouldve been switched..Joker looks more of a crow while Crow is looks more like a "Joker" that dumb mask lmao ..Unless that was the intention. Anyone else pick up on other small things throughout the story?
"Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito" - GT NihonjinRikugun
3DS FC: 3067-8390-9586

User Info: Chimeramanexe

Chimeramanexe
3 weeks ago#2
The reason Akechi only had his core persona and one other (Justice: Robin Hood) despite being a Wild Card and having the same potential was because Joker was the closest thing he had to a meaningful connection with someone. He wasn't just Joker's Justice Social Link, Joker was HIS Justice Social Link as well!
FC: 1263-6375-4172
IGN: Nate (in most games)

User Info: Heartfang

Heartfang
3 weeks ago#3
Joker is wearing a jesters mask and Crow's mask has a beak
Common sense is just wisdom with its sleeves rolled up

RikashiX
3 weeks ago#4
Heartfang posted...

I understand, just Akechi's mask imo looks like a long nose, like a liar, a trickster.

User Info: Jiyuu Falcon

Jiyuu Falcon
3 weeks ago#5
RikashiX posted...
Heartfang posted...

I understand, just Akechi's mask imo looks like a long nose, like a liar, a trickster.

Which fits “Crow” perfectly.

Anyway, the devs didn’t want to give away the “twist” (or so they say) so naming him after someone who was previously a villain in the series would have been too much of a giveaway.

User Info: HA0U

HA0U
3 weeks ago#6
クロウ Kurou = Crow.
The first two letter クロ Kuro which means black, fitting a dark nature

red face with long nose is usually associated with tengu, which represent arrogance and pride
one lore linked a tengu with vengeance where one was forced to abandon his throne, his rebellion failed, died in torment and became a vengeful tengu
Seid ihr das Essen? Nein, wir sind die Jager

User Info: CatMuto

CatMuto
3 weeks ago#7
RikashiX posted...
..Unless that was the intention.

Y'mean like how Ryuji asked Akechi why he picked Crow as a codename, despite crows being black and Akechi's outfit being all white? And Akechi mentioned it was to mislead his enemies? Y'know, like how it was mentioned in the game.

And Joker was given the name not in terms of a jester, but in terms of the playing card Joker.
Which... again, was pretty much mentioned by Morgana in Kamoshida's castle.

Anyway, the devs didn’t want to give away the “twist” (or so they say)

There is the idea that they made the twist on who the traitor was so obvious to make people not realize that Igor was an imposter all along, and was ALSO a traitor to Joker, and to the player.
My 3DS FC: 2724-0768-4793

User Info: Brother Maynard

Brother Maynard
3 weeks ago#8
CatMuto posted...

There is the idea that they made the twist on who the traitor was so obvious to make people not realize that Igor was an imposter all along, and was ALSO a traitor to Joker, and to the player.

Boom. Mind blown. Good catch.

RikashiX
3 weeks ago#9
Brother Maynard posted...
CatMuto posted...

Boom. Mind blown. Good catch.

Damn thanks ,makes me love the game more

User Info: MvUyDk1e8s9

MvUyDk1e8s9
3 weeks ago#10
I unfortunately read the "twist", of Akechi being the traitor before getting to it. And then read something about the Twins, but didn't fully explain it, so was kinda surprised. Although some of their confident talk hinted at it. The Igor part tho, had no clue at all til it happened. There was pretty much no clues or foreshadowing to it.
I'm triggered by you being triggered by everything. Suck it up cupcake.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Just kinda thinking about it..(spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived