• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. If Persona 5 was set in America, what would change???

User Info: platinumkiwi

platinumkiwi
3 months ago#41
A lot more racism and bigotry.
"Pizza aside, let's talk Scientology."
http://garrycs.tumblr.com/

User Info: FelurFalas

FelurFalas
3 months ago#42
westpark posted...
you'd go to popeyes

Nah. It would probably be sponsored by McDonalds, and they would go to a burger joint with an up-side-down M.
Yorokobi No Ito Wa Canon Tsumugidasu
The Thread of Happiness is Weaved by a Canon

User Info: CAB1997

CAB1997
3 months ago#43
SpartanAlice253 posted...
FelurFalas posted...
Where in America is the key.

Uhhhhhhhhh... Detroit

But Detroit schools are a joke.

User Info: Biochemic

Biochemic
3 months ago#44
platinumkiwi posted...

Well, can't have much racism and bigotry if you don't force people of different races and cultures to live and work together now, do ya? In Japan they understand this. In the U.S. they don't. Don't answer, you're an idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBA35A19DXM

User Info: sillyfudgemonke

sillyfudgemonke
3 months ago#45
Biochemic posted...
platinumkiwi posted...

Well, can't have much racism and bigotry if you don't force people of different races and cultures to live and work together now, do ya? In Japan they understand this. In the U.S. they don't. Don't answer, you're an idiot.

I mean Japan has racism and bigotry but they ignored that in P5 soooooo (the closest we got to it was Anne's mixed heritage but they def didn't dive into it beyond barely surface level)..... 8U P5 ignores how they treat burakumin, hafus, non-japanese people pretty much (even tho this totally would've been the best time to address it and use it in its narrative)....the only thing they used discrimination to a certain extent was how bastard children are treated....and that's only kinda.

So maybe race/bigotry would play more a part in a US centric one, maybe it'd ignore it just like Japan ignores there's. It'd probs be best if the US did play with it since it works with "the oppressed being oppressed" narrative easily.

User Info: JamesBR27

JamesBR27
3 months ago#46
Well.... School shootings and all those leftists would not want to date your character, so no waifu possible.
PSN: Same as Above. 32 Years of Gaming Life.
I dont troll ANY board, if I have nothing to say on a board, I just don't post on it.

User Info: justdontask

justdontask
3 months ago#47
well, the guns would be real instead of being fake props, obviously. who knows if anybody would actually use em.
somebody shoot me.

User Info: MarquetteKing

MarquetteKing
3 months ago#48
No more waifus

Just thots
#LauraIsMyWaifu

User Info: sillyfudgemonke

sillyfudgemonke
3 months ago#49
The music would just be Childish Gambino "This is America" on loop (or maybe the OST is just made up of songs with "America" in it like "Kids in America" or "Born in the USA" or "American Pie" )

already a step up from P5's OST 8U

User Info: k4r6000

k4r6000
3 months ago#50
Nothing. It would take place in "America," but would basically just be Japan in all but name because it would still be a game made in Japan, by Japanese people, for Japanese people.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. If Persona 5 was set in America, what would change???
  • Topic Archived