why weren't the Persona 3 movies English dubbed?!?!??!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. why weren't the Persona 3 movies English dubbed?!?!??!

User Info: sillyfudgemonke

sillyfudgemonke
1 month ago#11
Heartfang posted...
It would have been nice if they'd have at least released them subbed.

Like I know a lot of people hate them, but even f***ing Trinity Soul got licensed.

They did get subbed tho? Or have I been imagining the subtitles on my screen. XD

SpartanAlice253 posted...
NextGenCowboy posted...
Indeed. In the entire history of SMT, Trinity Soul is the only thing officially kicked out of canon.

But I thought you said everything was canon fam!

I was the one that argued a possibility of it technically being canon. It's a weird state of canon/non-canon. It's NOT canon to the games, but Atlus officially stated it's in a SEPARATE/ALTERNATE UNIVERSE to the games. It has its own "canon" I guess.

User Info: NextGenCowboy

NextGenCowboy
1 month ago#12
NextGenCowboy posted...
Indeed. In the entire history of SMT, Trinity Soul is the only thing officially kicked out of canon.

Most everything is. Trinity may be too, as silly just said. But Trinity Soul was at one point completely kicked out. Now it may just reside in a completely alternate universe.

But "everything is canon" is easier to say than, "everything is canon, except that really bad anime, Trinity" :p
"Revy, have you forgotten? I'm already dead. I think I died the day I met you." -- Rock.

User Info: HA0U

HA0U
1 month ago#13
HA0U posted...
who is going to do that in the us?

I don't know!!!! Whoever voices Japanese stuffs!!!!!!!!

voices don't pay for themselves
Seid ihr das Essen? Nein, wir sind die Jager

User Info: SpartanAlice253

SpartanAlice253
1 month ago#14
HA0U posted...
HA0U posted...
who is going to do that in the us?

I don't know!!!! Whoever voices Japanese stuffs!!!!!!!!

voices don't pay for themselves

When did I say otherwise?!?!?
Last Raven is the worst video game in existence. Fact

User Info: SubZero201

SubZero201
1 month ago#15
Because Persona 3 isn't nearly as beloved or popular as Persona 4. Before Persona 4, and specifically Persona 4 Golden, the Persona series was mostly a niche series that only die hard SMT fans really knew about. Persona 4 brought the series into the mainstream spotlight and its popularity is why we got so many spinoffs such as the P4 anime series and games like Arena and Q. The P3 movies were mostly an afterthought, reminding people of the game that came before P4 in the hopes that people would then give it a try, and as such they were never going to get a dub.

User Info: Kingdom080500

Kingdom080500
1 month ago#16
SubZero201 posted...
Because Persona 3 isn't nearly as beloved or popular as Persona 4. Before Persona 4, and specifically Persona 4 Golden, the Persona series was mostly a niche series that only die hard SMT fans really knew about. Persona 4 brought the series into the mainstream spotlight and its popularity is why we got so many spinoffs such as the P4 anime series and games like Arena and Q. The P3 movies were mostly an afterthought, reminding people of the game that came before P4 in the hopes that people would then give it a try, and as such they were never going to get a dub.

Yet they dubbed the actual game so that makes no sense? Let's dub the 80 hour long video game in this niche series, but when the movies come out while the series isn't as niche, no dubs. Uh ok. They even dubbed Q.
Not changing this sig until Gravity Rush 3 gets announced. Don't throw away an IP with so much potential, Sony!
WOOT! Kingdom Hearts III 2019 hype!

User Info: Heartfang

Heartfang
1 month ago#17
NextGenCowboy posted...

That's because no one in the Persona or SMT fandoms speaks of Trinity soul
Common sense is just wisdom with its sleeves rolled up

User Info: SubZero201

SubZero201
1 month ago#18
Kingdom080500 posted...
SubZero201 posted...

Yet they dubbed the actual game so that makes no sense? Let's dub the 80 hour long video game in this niche series, but when the movies come out while the series isn't as niche, no dubs. Uh ok. They even dubbed Q.

The 80 hour video game had the majority of its dialogue unvoiced so its not exactly what one would call a full dub, and besides they had to include English voiceover otherwise the game would never sell. Very few people will buy a game that is only voiced in Japanese. Fully dubbing an anime series, or in this case a series of movies, is a big investment and they're not going to invest in a series that has shown to be not highly popular in the west as Persona 3 has shown to be. As for Q that is a combo of both P3 and P4 so it's not really the same thing.

User Info: Cogito

Cogito
1 month ago#19
trinity? it's only your imagination running wild.
Hito wa mikake ni yoranu mono
http://imgur.com/cFMo9gI

User Info: SpartanAlice253

SpartanAlice253
1 month ago#20
Why do people hate trinity soul???
Let's positive thinking!
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. why weren't the Persona 3 movies English dubbed?!?!??!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived