Questions about Persona 2

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Questions about Persona 2

User Info: Cogito

Cogito
1 month ago#31
it doesnt really change. for most part, even if you walk in with weakness, you can still walk out with the boss dead.
Hito wa mikake ni yoranu mono
http://imgur.com/cFMo9gI

User Info: Chaosmark101

Chaosmark101
1 month ago#32
sillyfudgemonke posted...
It was actually confirmed in an fanbook....that I think is only in Japanese....only within the past few years that it's been fan translated. It's ok if you didn't know, it's obscure info.

I don't have the screenshot anymore since I deleted the image from imgur not long ago. But if you speak to Akihiko in the dorm right after Ryoji's Appraiser explanation. Akihiko himself says in the English Localization. "Nyx brought Death to this Planet"

I don't 100% think the artbook is completely needed to infer that she was an alien but yeah ofc it is word of god so it did confirm the suspicion.
"Why the hell can't I get that girl out of my mind!?" ~ "Heat", Digital Devil Saga

User Info: sillyfudgemonke

sillyfudgemonke
1 month ago#33
Chaosmark101 posted...
I don't have the screenshot anymore since I deleted the image from imgur not long ago. But if you speak to Akihiko in the dorm right after Ryoji's Appraiser explanation. Akihiko himself says in the English Localization.

Huh neat, I'll screen cap it when I get to it (since it's around the Ryoji/Aigis fight right? I'll keep an eye out for it).

Tbh it feels like a very.....hidden line....very easy to miss (not a fan of them hiding very key info in easily missed stuff), I don't blame people for not seeing it. Same with the artbook. But yeah it's nice word of god mentioned that.

Chaosmark101
1 month ago#34
Huh neat, I'll screen cap it when I get to it (since it's around the Ryoji/Aigis fight right? I'll keep an eye out for it).

Tbh it feels like a very.....hidden line....very easy to miss (not a fan of them hiding very key info in easily missed stuff), I don't blame people for not seeing it. Same with the artbook. But yeah it's nice word of god mentioned that.

Yeah immediately after that fight on either 12/3 or 12/4 since everyone in the dorm still has what he said on their minds.

And yeah I'd say so, considering I think you just witnessed I think three or so cutscenes back to back at that point. It makes sense most people may not care to initiate more dialogue with the S.E.E.S team just after all that when they're likely still attempting to finish social links or do Tartarus stuff etc etc.
"Why the hell can't I get that girl out of my mind!?" ~ "Heat", Digital Devil Saga

User Info: sillyfudgemonke

sillyfudgemonke
1 month ago#35
@Chaosmark101 posted...

Yeah immediately after that fight on either 12/3 or 12/4 since everyone in the dorm still has what he said on their minds.

And yeah I'd say so, considering I think you just witnessed I think three or so cutscenes back to back at that point. It makes sense most people may not care to initiate more dialogue with the S.E.E.S team just after all that when they're likely still attempting to finish social links or do Tartarus stuff etc etc.

Just got there, actually what he says is just a repeat of what Ryoji said earlier in the cutscene. It was "Nyx brought death to this planet" which.....at least in english.....doesn't really indicate she came from outer space (I did take screenshots tho if you wanna see them but yeah....). Tbh when I first heard it I probably thought "ah she's some god who created death" or something. Only the artbook goes into more detail where it's like "Nyx came from outer space, boogied on down to earth, created complex life aka just the physical embodiment of the cycle of life and death, and then effed off to the moon I guess" and like......that makes more sense.....esp with how she's the Moon or whatever. XD I mean she is named after the goddess of night, so like....the moon wasn't totally outta left field (plus it was a plot device), so like....alien still wasn't the first thing that popped into my head. XD

But yeah I don't like it when the game (not just this one but any game) leaves very important details out for you to have to find in an optional convo. ;w;

User Info: HA0U

HA0U
1 month ago#36
Nyarlathotep
Nyarlathotep from the lovecraft lore is an outer god who came to earth and can assume many forms.
in P2, it calls itself the shadow of all humans and it is a father's nature to be the ultimate obstacle to his child.
Nyx
Nyx in mythology is a Primordial God born in Gaia, not earth. Calling her an alien wouldn't be surprising to begin with.
In p3, it is revealed Nyx is the mother of all shadows. when her real body is on the moon and her psyche is on earth, it implies to players she isn't native, not with the moronic erebus on earth
Seid ihr das Essen? Nein, wir sind die Jager

Chaosmark101
1 month ago#37
Just got there, actually what he says is just a repeat of what Ryoji said earlier in the cutscene. It was "Nyx brought death to this planet" which.....at least in english.....doesn't really indicate she came from outer space (I did take screenshots tho if you wanna see them but yeah....). Tbh when I first heard it I probably thought "ah she's some god who created death" or something. Only the artbook goes into more detail where it's like "Nyx came from outer space, boogied on down to earth, created complex life aka just the physical embodiment of the cycle of life and death, and then effed off to the moon I guess" and like......that makes more sense.....esp with how she's the Moon or whatever. XD I mean she is named after the goddess of night, so like....the moon wasn't totally outta left field (plus it was a plot device), so like....alien still wasn't the first thing that popped into my head. XD

But yeah I don't like it when the game (not just this one but any game) leaves very important details out for you to have to find in an optional convo. ;w;

I mean you could see it as Akihiko just repeating what Ryoji said considering he says "As stated by Ryoji..." right after but my reasoning for them being different is just the very slight change in wording. On 12/3 when Ryoji explains he says "...In the ancient times, Nyx brought "Death" to this world."

Yet, not even 7-10 minutes later or likely just 2 page turns on a script they choose to make Akihiko say "Planet" instead of "World". I believe they choose to use "Planet" because it has that extra connotation with celestial bodies, space etc to portray Nyx as a distant being. Maybe Akihiko would have said "World" if Nyx was actually from their world you get what I'm saying?

Then ofc later on 12/31st Ryoji's second explanation. "Ascend Tartarus on that the final day."
"Nyx will descend", "Nyx's coming.", "I usher Nyx into this world" etc etc

Atleast ofc thats just how I interpreted all that. Though I will say I was sorta aware of what Nyx was because the Persona channel that I was following before I played P3 spoiling it sorta lol. Maybe I attached the two but I still feel like the dialogue and scenes are presented in a way that you could interpret Nyx as such still.

User Info: SpartanAlice253

SpartanAlice253
1 month ago#38
Fam!!! I've heard there's a skill that reduces random encounters!! How do I get this?!?!? It's a must!!!!!!
Last Raven is the worst video game in existence. Fact

User Info: Jiyuu Falcon

Jiyuu Falcon
1 month ago#39
SpartanAlice253 posted...
Fam!!! I've heard there's a skill that reduces random encounters!! How do I get this?!?!? It's a must!!!!!!

Estoma. It doesn’t reduce random encounters, but removes them entirely, as long as the enemies are lower level than you. Earliest persona that comes with it is... Hotei? Get a Pixie and keep mutating it until it can evolve to it.

Clean Salt also has the same effect, but uh, I don’t remember where to get them.

User Info: SpartanAlice253

SpartanAlice253
1 month ago#40
Jiyuu Falcon posted...
SpartanAlice253 posted...

Estoma. It doesn’t reduce random encounters, but removes them entirely, as long as the enemies are lower level than you. Earliest persona that comes with it is... Hotei? Get a Pixie and keep mutating it until it can evolve to it.

Clean Salt also has the same effect, but uh, I don’t remember where to get them.

mutate? Like level up?
Last Raven is the worst video game in existence. Fact
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Questions about Persona 2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived