• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Who has the worst PT outfit?

User Info: McMorty

McMorty
3 months ago#11
TheOneAndOnly44 posted...
Futaba for sure. Yeesh, those goggles are so bad. Everyone else has at least a passable costume, with Haru and Joker's being among the best.

sillyfudgemonke posted...
I kinda wanna say Makoto, only cause it's just soooooo similar to Ryuji's (both biker theme, both have steel masks, similar colors)

Er, I don't have a problem if you dislike Makoto's, but Ryuji's outfit is pirate themed, ain't it? It's his whole shtick, what with a pirate being his persona and everything. His outfit is a bit too formal to be biker themed, isn't it?

Ryuji's is a cross between a pirate and what a biker gang member would wear. Makoto's is a motorcycle racing suit mixed with some Mad Max metal spikes and stuff. They're different kinds of biking outfits, but they are both partially based on biking outfits.

User Info: sillyfudgemonke

sillyfudgemonke
3 months ago#12
TheOneAndOnly44 posted...
Er, I don't have a problem if you dislike Makoto's, but Ryuji's outfit is pirate themed, ain't it? It's his whole shtick, what with a pirate being his persona and everything. His outfit is a bit too formal to be biker themed, isn't it?

Ehhhhhhh his Persona is def pirate themed, the only pirate part of his outfit is the skull (cause the skull and crossbones can be associated with pirates) and maaaaaaybe the ascot scarf (not so ironically both have some form of scarf), in all honesty Makoto has more of a knight theme going on that you can see than Ryuji has a pirate one. Actually, in all honesty, Ryuji has more of a skeleton theme going down than a pirate one per se....(skull and his "spine" on the back of the character).

That being said, both do have a biker esque going down, one is just "skeleton biker" the other is "spiky biker" (basically both bikers, but you gotta split hairs, which I don't like doing and would've liked it if Makoto's didn't feel like a repeat, this also doesn't couple well with the fact her Ult Persona is kinda the same goddess as Haru's and the MC's ult lovers persona Ishtar which is a different issue but hey repeats are repeats but when they add up the add up, but yeah us having to split hairs over something that is very freaking similar shouldn't be happening imo DX). Both have knee pads, both have the same kind of steel mask, both have black as a veeeeery big part of their outfit (and while I know Makoto has very dark navy blue, it can easily be mistaken for black in a certain light), both are one piece bodysuits (pretty sure with Ryu I don't see a line separating them). Hell both have thug like (and biker gang) weapons, Ryuji with a steel pipe and Makoto with spiked fists. Wait wait, hold the phone, Ryuji even has steel fists guards built into his outfit (while it's just a weapon for Makoto), so even that's similar!

Ryuji's outfit, iirc, can even be called "thuggish" early on in the game iirc, so no it's def not "too formal for a biker" it's def the kinda outfit if Kanji would where people would be like "oh yea he totally in a biker gang now!" (tbh Ryu feels like his character likes to make homages/references to Kanji, both delinquents with love for their mama, and both have some kinda primeape aesthetic going down, gorilla for Kanji and monkey for Ryuji, with Kanji being mistaken for a biker gang guy it wouldn't be surprising if that was inspiration for Ryuji and it was his own way as what a rebel should be)

Makoto just gets the "biker" title cause of her stupid Persona's shape, even tho Ryuji is channeling the same mojo with his outfit (his elbow and knee pads scream "kid riding a bike" at the very least).

User Info: faireya

faireya
3 months ago#13
They’re all good, but Ryuji’s is the most plain.
#BestBoyAkechi

User Info: UnlessJack

UnlessJack
3 months ago#14
Three way tie between Yusuke, Ann, and Futaba.
I feel Futurama was, is, and always will be underappreciated...

User Info: Heartfang

Heartfang
3 months ago#15
Yusuke
Common sense is just wisdom with its sleeves rolled up

User Info: BattleStarX

BattleStarX
3 months ago#16
I'd have to agree with Futaba's outfit being my least favorite. Though I don't find any of them as stylish as Joker, anyway.
Oh for the love of little green tomatoes...

User Info: Finis-XII

Finis-XII
3 months ago#17
Makoto, if I had to pick one. It makes basically no sense and the whole biker look doesn't fit with what her persona is supposed to be at all.
"This close, I can hear your heart beating. Thump, thump...that's how you sound... <3" - Chie
https://m.imgur.com/gfiAZKK
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Who has the worst PT outfit?
  • Topic Archived