Mitsuru, Naoto, and Makoto in a Mêlée à Trois

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Mitsuru, Naoto, and Makoto in a Mêlée à Trois

User Info: SpartanAlice253

SpartanAlice253
1 month ago#1
Who wins?!?!???? - Results (48 votes)
Makoto
37.5% (18 votes)
Naoto!!!!
25% (12 votes)
Mitsuru!!!!!
37.5% (18 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Topic!!! :D
Will I regret this on the way down...

User Info: vocedelmorte

vocedelmorte
1 month ago#2
Best girl Mitsuru 🎉

User Info: sillyfudgemonke

sillyfudgemonke
1 month ago#3
Naoto shoots them both and then kicks them in the crotch for good measure note: this is a ref to her critical attack 8U

half joking aside, Naoto and Mitsuru would probably team up against Makoto (assuming this is post-arena, or if PQ2 they have their memories of PQ1) and then fight each other after Makoto is knocked down, still think Naoto would win if she is able to get a shot off of Mitsuru, but Mitsuru is probably in....not really "better shape" but she's more "athletic" than Naoto....or at least cause Naoto binds her chest she can't move as freely if that one optional costume conv is anything to go by. Then again....Naoto is the only one with a type advantage, tho it's only against Mitsuru, and only if it's P4G!Naoto....then again neither Mitsuru nor Makoto have block to light/dark right (Anat does resist curse/dark but that's it)? It's looking good for Naoto tbh

Of course, if this is just physical/no persona, then Mitsuru/Makoto are at a better advantage (assuming Naoto can't shoot a gun for some reason). Makoto can throw a punch, but Mitsuru is no slouch when it comes to fencing so if she has her sword (which she probably does) she would put up a big fight. I would think Mitsuru has been training since at least 8 (when she awakened to her Persona) if not younger, and has had the best coaches money can buy.....so skill wise she is probably better at fencing than Makoto (not sure when Makoto started akido tho, if it was around the same time as Mitsuru then the better chances for Makoto), but Mitsuru also has more experience under her belt (both age-wise, and just....combat wise)......And lord knows she probably has spared with Akihiko/Shinji/Aigis (this is just assumptions tho)....So it's very possible weapon/no Persona wise Mitsuru could beat Makoto

So....with all this in mind, Naoto is most likely, then Mitsuru, then Makoto (nothing against Makoto, just looking at all the scenarios and pros and cons of each character and yeah)

User Info: Ickeryy

Ickeryy
1 month ago#4
If akihiko can dodge aigis machine gun, Makoto can dodge Naoto's peashooter.
Won't change sig until Hamtaro gets rebooted - October 8, 2015

sillyfudgemonke
1 month ago#5
Ickeryy posted...
If akihiko can dodge aigis machine gun, Makoto can dodge Naoto's peashooter.

If Shinji can get KOed from a gun, then same can happen to Makoto and Mitsuru (just cause you might be able to dodge one doesn't mean you can dodge them all and yeah if they get hit....). Mitsuru is more likely to be able to (since she's probably trained with Aigis, and has actually fought Aigis). Makoto would be at a mobile advantage due to her Persona's bike ability, but 1) that will probably make her use up a lot of SP and wear her out, 2) Mitsuru and Naoto would view her as the biggest or most annoying threat and thus focus on taking her out first (I can see Mitsuru, or Naoto if she has it equipped, using her ice abilities to her advantage and making the floor slippery so that Makoto can't cheese that)

ln a battle of the elements, Naoto and Makoto have an advantage, Naoto cause she just has no weaknesses, Makoto cause no one on the field has her weakness. (Mitsuru is screwed by Naoto, but not Makoto tho). That being said Naoto can probably 1-hit KO Mitsuru or Makoto due to them not being 100% immune to light/dark skills.

Naoto has reflect skills and immunity skills, buuuuut Mitsuru and Makoto have healing. So if the fight goes on for too long Naoto is probs gonna be at a big disadvantage and her likeliness to win will go down, Mitsuru and Makoto have a long term advantage tho. I guess it depends on the rules

-If the match can be finished quickly/or the rules ban healing (and immunity) skills: Naoto will probs win
-If the match goes on for a long time and/or can use healing: Mitsuru or Makoto could win
-If the match is non-persona, and any weapons: Naoto will probs win (esp since Makoto can't use her mobility, and they aren't using their Personas at all which means they probs aren't getting any of the supernatural enhancing benefits they normally would, tho Naoto will probs end up killing them in this case since they'd also wouldn't have the protection)
-If the match is non persona and hand to hand/melee weapons: Misuru if not Makoto
-If it's not an arena (which I'm assuming the above scenarios are) and it has terrain (that no one has the advantage of knowing) and thus it could result in an ambush type fight: free for all, but my money is on Naoto or Makoto in this case (they are more likely to come up with a better strategy than Mitsuru, I mean all of them are smart but Mitsuru isn't the field leader of SEES the MCs are, and Makoto is the team's strategist and Naoto can analyze a situation and think on her feet pretty well even under pressure/duress)

Before anyone says "Makoto has a gun too" 1) I would think Naoto is more of a pro with a gun (this only means that she'd probably miss more than Naoto, so if they were both aiming at each other I feel like Naoto would have a slightly better advantage), 2) it's a toy gun that only works in the metaverse, if this isn't the metaverse then she's probs not gonna use it. But if for some reason she can use it, then depending on the scenario her chances of winning increase a lot. Again depends on the rules. XP

User Info: NextGenCowboy

NextGenCowboy
1 month ago#6
Seen both Naoto and Mitsuru in Arena. Mitsuru was top tier for a long while, but Naoto caught up as skill improved.

At this point, or last I checked, it cannot be worse than a 6:4. At that point we go off personality, looks, design, etc.

In that department there is no contest. Naoto always wins.
"Revy, have you forgotten? I'm already dead. I think I died the day I met you." -- Rock.

User Info: TheOneAndOnly44

TheOneAndOnly44
1 month ago#7
Disregarding Arena for a bit (it's kinda unfair to use that as the criteria when a P5 Arena isn't out yet...), I'm gonna answer from the perspective of a real-life (i.e. no Persona game mechanics) fight with no personas.

Makoto's the only one who's explicitly been stated to have actual martial arts training, isn't she? We can assume that Mitsuru got lots of training in during her time between the end of P3 and Arena, plus her fencing training is bound to come in handy even bare-handed (movement/reading your opponents), so I'd say it's between those two. Of them, I'd go with Mitsuru if and only if it's during/post-Arena Mitsuru.

But I can easily argue that that's unfair, as P3 has had an actual multi-year time-skip that allowed its characters to improve. No one in P5 has had that opportunity yet; it'd be like making childhood Naruto fight against post timeskip Luffy. If, instead we plucked these three out of their first games and made 'em fight, I'd say Naoto would only win if weapons were allowed. If not, Naoto would be at a huge disadvantage because her only wep is her gun. In that case I'd say it's a win for Makoto. If weapons are allowed then Makoto would be the most disadvantaged simply because her fists are her weapons. Knuckles don't add any worthwhile reach. In that case, it'd be Naoto's win because there ain't no dodging guns irl. If for some reason we allow weapons but don't allow a gun, then of course it'd be Mitsuru's win.

Yikes, I just thought of scenarios for all three of them to win, so Idunno who to vote for. Inherently, Makoto's at the biggest disadvantage because her only game is P5, but in a purely physical fight I can see her holding out for the win. If weapons are allowed, then Naoto wins. It'd be unfair to allow Mitsuru's saber and not Naoto's gun. In the end it's between Makoto and Naoto for me, but there are ways to argue for any one of these three's victory considering there are no specified rules for the fight. Just gonna go ahead and vote for Naoto simply because she doesn't have too many votes lol.
"Your fate is in the cards." -Elizabeth
"Dont think, feel." -Chie Satonaka, totally not Bruce Lee or anything

sillyfudgemonke
1 month ago#8
TheOneAndOnly44 posted...
We can assume that Mitsuru got lots of training in during her time between the end of P3 and Arena, plus her fencing training is bound to come in handy even bare-handed (movement/reading your opponents), so I'd say it's between those two.

To be fair, Mitsuru has had her Persona since the age of like 8, and has been training since then (and you just know she's been training cause her family can afford it and not just afford it, afford the best, and if it's to protect her father she'd def do it), including fencing, so even without Arena she's still the most experience between the 3 within their base game. If you just want to compare base games only that is. XD

(of course that's just physical and possibly Persona wise.....and that's not even getting into Mitsuru's possible element disadvantage against P4G!Naoto but now I'm getting off topic).

User Info: TheOneAndOnly44

TheOneAndOnly44
1 month ago#9
sillyfudgemonke posted...
We can assume that Mitsuru got lots of training in during her time between the end of P3 and Arena, plus her fencing training is bound to come in handy even bare-handed (movement/reading your opponents), so I'd say it's between those two.

To be fair, Mitsuru has had her Persona since the age of like 8, and has been training since then (and you just know she's been training cause her family can afford it and not just afford it, afford the best, and if it's to protect her father she'd def do it), including fencing, so even without Arena she's still the most experience between the 3 within their base game. If you just want to compare base games only that is. XD

(of course that's just physical and possibly Persona wise.....and that's not even getting into Mitsuru's possible element disadvantage against P4G!Naoto but now I'm getting off topic).

Ehh, but it's safe to say that Makoto had also been training in Aikido for a long time. She grew up with a policeman dad; safety via self defense was probably important for her. Even if she started training after her father's death, I doubt she loses much to Mitsuru in terms of years of experience.

Not to mention, Aikido is Makoto's specialty in the game. Mitsuru's specialty in P3 is fencing, not a bare-handed martial arts. I won't deny the assumption that Mitsuru had martial arts training as a child, but I wouldn't go so far as to confidently say she had enough to put her over Makoto's level, especially since P3 doesn't really bring it up at all in a meaningful way. An assumption shouldn't take precedence over established skill, I think o:

And yes, my scenario is a regular fight in the real world with no personas, either with or without weapons.
"Your fate is in the cards." -Elizabeth
"Dont think, feel." -Chie Satonaka, totally not Bruce Lee or anything

sillyfudgemonke
1 month ago#10
Ehh, but it's safe to say that Makoto had also been training in Aikido for a long time. She grew up with a policeman dad; safety via self defense was probably important for her. Even if she started training after her father's death, I doubt she loses much to Mitsuru in terms of years of experience.

Not to mention, Aikido is Makoto's specialty in the game. Mitsuru's specialty in P3 is fencing, not a bare-handed martial arts. I won't deny the assumption that Mitsuru had martial arts training as a child, but I wouldn't go so far as to confidently say she had enough to put her over Makoto's level, especially since P3 doesn't really bring it up at all in a meaningful way. An assumption shouldn't take precedence over established skill, I think o:

And yes, my scenario is a regular fight in the real world with no personas, either with or without weapons.

True, I just found it odd you thought Arena/Ultimax Mitsuru was better/had additional experience (besides "hey I got older and wiser" exp) than base Mitsuru.

I would throw out there Mitsuru might have trained with Akihiko (boxer) and Shinji (street brawler) once they joined, but that's def more speculation territory (unless someone digs up a throwaway line of course). XD But yeah I agree Makoto would win the hand to hand combat, unless Mitsuru has skirmished with Aki/Shinji, then she might be able to hold her own against Makoto. Of course if Mitsuru gets a weapon then Makoto might have issues.

Tho....actually......do we know what Makoto's belt level in Akido tho? Is she high ranking or mid level? Legit curious....maybe this could tip the scales depending on where she falls. Of course I dunno where Mitsuru would fall with fencing ranking either a;kldsfja;dfjkadjf I do feel like she might've said something in P3....I'll keep a look out for that line if it exists.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Mitsuru, Naoto, and Makoto in a Mêlée à Trois

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived