Who's your least favorite character from each game? (Party members only)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Who's your least favorite character from each game? (Party members only)

User Info: Major_Zato

Major_Zato
2 months ago#11
KataKata posted...
Major_Zato posted...
Persona 3: Aigis. (Interesting character in theory, but not worth the shilling she's gotten since FES came out.)
Persona 4: TEDDIE. Holy freaking fright, Teddie. The only worse "friendly" character I've ever seen in an RPG is Xenoblade X's Tatsu.
Persona 5: Akechi if going by a loose definition of "party member"; if not, definitely Ryuji. I don't care how loyal he is, if it weren't for authorial fiat he'd have gotten them all killed early on from his inability to keep his bloody mouth shut.
People keep saying this but killed by who?

The conspiracy, of course. Do remember what happens in the bad endings--and they have to fake in the good ending--when the conspiracy does work out who the Phantom Thieves are. Ryuji's loud mouth by all rights should've caused that much earlier.
And this above all: To thine own self be true...
Old genres never die, they just grow more refined with age.

User Info: KataKata

KataKata
2 months ago#12
Major_Zato posted...
KataKata posted...
Major_Zato posted...
Persona 3: Aigis. (Interesting character in theory, but not worth the shilling she's gotten since FES came out.)
Persona 4: TEDDIE. Holy freaking fright, Teddie. The only worse "friendly" character I've ever seen in an RPG is Xenoblade X's Tatsu.
Persona 5: Akechi if going by a loose definition of "party member"; if not, definitely Ryuji. I don't care how loyal he is, if it weren't for authorial fiat he'd have gotten them all killed early on from his inability to keep his bloody mouth shut.

The conspiracy, of course. Do remember what happens in the bad endings--and they have to fake in the good ending--when the conspiracy does work out who the Phantom Thieves are. Ryuji's loud mouth by all rights should've caused that much earlier.

OOOH. Ok now I remember . I agree even though he's my 2nd favorite character in P5(well in my series rankings he's in the middle)

User Info: sillyfudgemonke

sillyfudgemonke
2 months ago#13
KataKata posted...
Persona 2 IS: Jun (Indifferent)
Persona 2 EP: Katsuya(Funny tho)

Huh same, first person I've met who actually doesn't really care for those two either. XD

P1: Mark (crush annoys me I guess, I dunno I blame P1's lack of different portraits it's hard to really understand how they feel I guess, but his crush annoyed me a lot in the manga tbh, same with Elly, esp since it doesn't go anywhere)
P3: Yukari/Junpei (not a fan of them, esp on the male route, they are better on the female route, but their attitudes made me had to quit P3 around the 2nd full moon cause I couldn't take them, came back to P3 after a break tho)
P3P: Akihiko (unless you do a friend route for his SL, he feels OOC if you romance him and it makes me uncomfortable for some reason).
P4: Kanji (he's good unless he's crushing on Naoto, then it squicks me out from past experiences)
P5: Makoto (same as Yukari/Junpei, I had to stop playing P5 cause of her, I took less of a break tho, but unlike P3, P5 did not get better for me), Futaba, Goro, and Yusuke are right behind her tho in that order.

KataKata
2 months ago#14
sillyfudgemonke posted...
KataKata posted...
Persona 2 IS: Jun (Indifferent)
Persona 2 EP: Katsuya(Funny tho)

Huh same, first person I've met who actually doesn't really care for those two either. XD

P1: Mark (crush annoys me I guess, I dunno I blame P1's lack of different portraits it's hard to really understand how they feel I guess, but his crush annoyed me a lot in the manga tbh, same with Elly, esp since it doesn't go anywhere)
P3: Yukari/Junpei (not a fan of them, esp on the male route, they are better on the female route, but their attitudes made me had to quit P3 around the 2nd full moon cause I couldn't take them, came back to P3 after a break tho)
P3P: Akihiko (unless you do a friend route for his SL, he feels OOC if you romance him and it makes me uncomfortable for some reason).
P4: Kanji (he's good unless he's crushing on Naoto, then it squicks me out from past experiences)
P5: Makoto (same as Yukari/Junpei, I had to stop playing P5 cause of her, I took less of a break tho, but unlike P3, P5 did not get better for me), Futaba, Goro, and Yusuke are right behind her tho in that order.

Damn you dislike almost all the P5 characters too?!? I don't blame you though.

Regarding Jun - He gets less interesting because he's not the villian . He just becomes so mild.... . I also feel likehe's there to make poor Lisa look bad (She starts to act erratic around Xibalba, similar to Makoto & Ryuji around palace 3.)

Katsuya, didn't stand out but he is respectable as a character. He just got overshadowed by the rest of the characters.

User Info: LagoonTheCursed

LagoonTheCursed
2 months ago#15
I actually don't really care for any P5 characters except Futaba

Yusuke and Ryuji are who I'd call my second favorites but the former isn't really all that great and Ryuji is my least favorite of the bro party members

In P3 and P4 I can make parties with only characters I like and even swap out a couple, but I can't do that in P5 lmao.
Mistranslation, plot hole, or bad writing?

User Info: faireya

faireya
2 months ago#16
P3: Yukari or Junpei
P4: Naoto
P5: Makoto or Ann
#BestBoyAkechi

User Info: sillyfudgemonke

sillyfudgemonke
2 months ago#17
KataKata posted...
Damn you dislike almost all the P5 characters too?!? I don't blame you though. Snip

Woot! :D Kindred spirits I guess. XD Tho I actually do like Anne/Haru, tho I'm upset with how their potential was squandered. ;w; orz (esp since those two could've been great foils.....tho that would've taken some character rewrites for Haru XD)

Yeah Jun....ngl I hate how the fandom just paints him as a soft boy and ignore his flaws.... and that might also be where my iffy-ness comes from with him too (on top of what you've said)

Yeah same with Katsuya, he's ok, but his biggest characteristic that stands out was his crush on Maya rather than like......the rest of his character. Which is a shame.... ;w;

User Info: Gangryong

Gangryong
2 months ago#18
Major_Zato posted...
KataKata posted...
Major_Zato posted...

This.

Ryuji lack of secrecy + he always trying to go for bigger target and "fame" was the downfall of the character, at least to me. Yes, this is was "solved" later, but still...
Heed my call, Valimar, The Ashen Knight!

KataKata
2 months ago#19
sillyfudgemonke posted...

Ann - She had such a strong intro imo. Coupled with her SL which made her OOC. I understand why they did what they did but it's just a mess in the end. I felt like there needed to be balance with the Mika v Ann conflict. It just felt like Mika was s***ting on her the whole time and there was nothing the MC could do except agree. Her rank 9 romance is terrible. The Shiho side is good

Haru - her character was boned since the moment she appeared on screen because she instantly gets overshadowed by morgana(f*** morgana). I don't think it's the lack of screentime (because naoto had even less but yet she's of the best characters period) . It's just lack of character building from the writers part.
Makoto - I've already explained my reasons, she's just overbearing to me. I felt like her arc made way too many people OOC to accomodate her character(Sae, Ryuji, Ann) coupled with the fact I don't think that she and Haru fit the PT's.
Yusuke - My favorite P5 character but I feel like he gets too much pass because he's aloof and a cloudcoolander. Like he can be just as arrogant and selfish as other characters. And he's a dumbass for not accepting the art deal.
Ryuji - I liked him because he was consistent. He can get annoying
Jun gets a pass because fujos same with Goro.

User Info: elpapitochulo

elpapitochulo
2 months ago#20
Ken
Chie
Haru/Pancake Boy (both equally useless in my opinion)
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Who's your least favorite character from each game? (Party members only)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived