Rank Your "Caretaker" Preference: Dojima / Sojiro

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Rank Your "Caretaker" Preference: Dojima / Sojiro

User Info: HOTJaVaLaVa

HOTJaVaLaVa
2 months ago#1
How would you rank your preference for the "caretaker" between P4 and P5? - Results (240 votes)
Ryotaro Dojima > Sojiro Sakura
35.42% (85 votes)
Sojiro Sakura > Ryotaro Dojima
64.58% (155 votes)
This poll is now closed.
No one from P3 this time around since the team stayed in a dorm. Unless I should have included Ikutsuki as their representative?
"The eyes are the groin of the head."
-Dwight Schrute, from the TV show The Office

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
2 months ago#2
Ryotaro Dojima, and it isn't even close. Lots easier to get along with, a certain late-game event notwithstanding, and doesn't treat the MC like dirt.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: sillyfudgemonke

sillyfudgemonke
2 months ago#3
I mean, at least Dojima makes sure his MC is getting food, Sojiro could care less until like halfway through the game (hey if the game is going to make me sit through people telling me my MC is not eating well enough, then I'm assuming Sojiro is a pretty crappy guardian unless your name is Futaba).

That being said, yes Dojima does something really freaking dumb when it comes to the warning letter, but the rest of the time I feel bad for the guy.

User Info: kraidy117

kraidy117
2 months ago#4
Sojiro doesn't forget his development and act like a complete dumb ass simply for he sake of moving the plot. Better character development too.

sillyfudgemonke posted...
I mean, at least Dojima makes sure his MC is getting food, Sojiro could care less until like halfway through the game (hey if the game is going to make me sit through people telling me my MC is not eating well enough, then I'm assuming Sojiro is a pretty crappy guardian unless your name is Futaba).

That being said, yes Dojima does something really freaking dumb when it comes to the warning letter, but the rest of the time I feel bad for the guy.

Sojiro makes sure Joker is fed every morning and scolds him when he's late for school, acts out or puts his probation in jeopardy. That's doing his job, no matter how firm he is on the matter at that point in the story.

User Info: mada7

mada7
2 months ago#5
I vote Sojiro because of how much more room he has to grow over the course of the story. Both are excellent characters though and if I thought about this again tomorrow I might've voted the other way.
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448

sillyfudgemonke
2 months ago#6
kraidy117 posted...
Sojiro makes sure Joker is fed every morning and scolds him when he's late for school, acts out or puts his probation in jeopardy. That's doing his job, no matter how firm he is on the matter at that point in the story.

That's what I thought, but no Mona states "He doesn't eat well." It's very annoying cause I thought he was feeding him, but apparently he's not doing a good enough job.

kraidy117 posted...
Sojiro doesn't forget his development and act like a complete dumb ass simply for he sake of moving the plot. Better character development too.

In all honesty, his family is threatened, I'm not surprised he was acting dumb at that point cause he was probably freaking out. The only dumb thing is him leaving Nanako there and not bringing her with him or dropping her off at a friend's place, but then again the whole game we are shown how independent she is and how much he feels she can take care of herself. Not really throwing away his character as much as, he still had room to grow and the cards fell at the right times.

User Info: BattleStarX

BattleStarX
2 months ago#7
Dojima may've owned the pace, but let's be honest, our "caretaker" in p4 is Nanako.

I think I have Sojiro out-doing Dojima by a bit in my rankings, and I can't really explain why, since I'm not too sure myself.
Oh for the love of little green tomatoes...

User Info: Kingdom080500

Kingdom080500
2 months ago#8
sillyfudgemonke posted...
kraidy117 posted...

That's what I thought, but no Mona states "He doesn't eat well." It's very annoying cause I thought he was feeding him, but apparently he's not doing a good enough job.

Joker isn't a five year old kid, though. Sojiro is treating him like an adult, which is what he should be doing.
Not changing this sig until Gravity Rush 3 gets announced. Don't throw away an IP with so much potential, Sony!
WOOT! Kingdom Hearts III 2019 hype!

User Info: vocedelmorte

vocedelmorte
2 months ago#9
Joker makes his own money and he can make curry (eventually), so he can feed himself 😎
I didn't liked Sojiro in the beginning, i liked him enough later on to vote Sojiro > Dojima

sillyfudgemonke
2 months ago#10
Kingdom080500 posted...
Joker isn't a five year old kid, though. Sojiro is treating him like an adult, which is what he should be doing.

The dude is getting paid by MC's parents to take care of him, aka feed him. We never see MC get an allowance, so obvie the food money is going to Sojiro. It's not about him being 5 or 15 or 25, he's still relient on an adult because he's a kid.

vocedelmorte posted...
Joker makes his own money and he can make curry (eventually), so he can feed himself 😎
I didn't liked Sojiro in the beginning, i liked him enough later on to vote Sojiro > Dojima

First dungeon he can't actually leave to get a part time job (and Sojiro knows this), and apparently the MC is still skinny enough by the end of dungeon 2 that the teammates comment on it. Plus depending on how you play it might take awhile before you rank Sojiro up far enough to make curry yourself.

As much as I'm giving Sojiro crap on this, I'm more annoyed with Atlus trying to garner sympathy points for the MC when it really makes absolutely no sense for the MC to be that skinny/unhealthy if Sojiro is feeding him. But if it's true and he's not feeding the MC, or at least well enough (aka a balanced meal aka more than just curry), and we know he can make more than curry, then I guess he's gotta be docked points even tho it's so freaking OOC imo but whatever Atlus. >.>
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Rank Your "Caretaker" Preference: Dojima / Sojiro

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived