Persona 5 vs Persona 4

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Persona 5 vs Persona 4

User Info: KataKata

KataKata
1 month ago#1
best game?? - Results (158 votes)
Persona 5
69.62% (110 votes)
Persona 4
30.38% (48 votes)
This poll is now closed.
As the question says

User Info: vocedelmorte

vocedelmorte
1 month ago#2
Never cared for 4 that much

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
1 month ago#3
I have to go with 4. To me 5 comes across as a step back in terms of writing, and in general I find the cast less interesting.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: sillyfudgemonke

sillyfudgemonke
1 month ago#4
P4 wins.

P5's ongoing story.....had potential to be really interesting (which it should cause it's plot focused), but there's....there's a lot of issues that arise when I think about the bads and how they are connected (mostly how dumb and incompetent they all are). The characters aren't there either (they aren't as.....well rounded as the P4 characters, more well rounded as P3 possible but then they also lack P3's multiple arcs so.....they have both of P3/4's weaknesses), they also try to copy P4's formula without......doing what made P4's formula work.......

P4's was more character focused, and it blows that out of the freaking water. It specialized in characters so yeah. It's plot wasn't too bad either, just forced to be more drawn out. Yeah it could still be improved (aka like give it more focused), but it wasn't plot focused it was character focused....so.....it's understandable. It knew what it wanted to be and played to its strengths.

P4 also handled its theme and final big bad better (P3 also handled it really well but in a different way, P4 is more similar to how P5 handled it), didn't feel rushed at all and only felt tacked on if you didn't realize that......there was still one mystery that was never answered and didn't pay attention to the signs around you (which plays right into the theme of the game).

User Info: McMorty

McMorty
1 month ago#5
P5 for me

P5 had a better main plot and a better final boss. The human antagonists were not as good as the one from P4, though.

Characters are ultimately subjective, but I liked the P5 cast more. They felt more fleshed out as individuals, in my opinion. The inter-party interactions were better in P4, of course, cause that's what they were going for. Certain members of the P4 cast really got on my nerves during some of the events, whereas Morgana was the only P5 member that ever annoyed me.

I know a lot of people really missed all the events from P4, but for me they were a mixed bag. There were plenty that were great, but then you had certain events that I skipped on subsequent playthroughs. Some of them definitely felt like filler to pad the game out.

The non-party cast was way, way better in P5 compared to P4. I always felt that P4's social links were more consistent, but never hit the highs of some of P3's links. P5 has party Confidants, as well as interesting NPCs to hang out with.

Gameplay wise, it's no contest. The Palaces blow the TV World out of the water. Both games handle their themes well, with some hiccups along the way. This is more of a personal thing, but I liked the city of 5 better than the small town of 4.

I still love P4, though.

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 month ago#6
P5 easily.

P4 was lacking a lot and P5 improved from it.
"Don't be asinine." - Ravus Nox Fleuret when asked a stupid question.

1Tekkaman
1 month ago#7
meteora88 posted...
P5 easily.

Not in terms of characterization.

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 month ago#8
1Tekkaman posted...
meteora88 posted...
P5 easily.

The social links for P4 were way better for sure, it’s a shame it was for uninteresting characters though.
"Don't be asinine." - Ravus Nox Fleuret when asked a stupid question.

1Tekkaman
1 month ago#9
meteora88 posted...
1Tekkaman posted...
meteora88 posted...
P5 easily.

The social links for P4 were way better for sure, it’s a shame it was for uninteresting characters though.

Guess it depends on how you define "uninteresting." I find the majority of 5's cast to be such, Makoto being the main exception. I've always thought of Ann as a poor man's Rise, Ryuji is a huge downgrade from Yosuke, Yusuke kinda makes me twitchy, Haru I find bleh, Futaba does little for me, Morgana I admit is an improvement over Teddie.

User Info: Jiyuu Falcon

Jiyuu Falcon
1 month ago#10
P4 had such forgettable characters. On the other hand, I wish I could forget certain P3 characters, but hey, P3 isn’t on the poll!
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5
  3. Persona 5 vs Persona 4

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived